FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Going back to what worked for me in the past.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Going back to what worked for me in the past.

Post  CampOfDavid on Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:27 pm

Hello people Smile I am going to share a bit of my story (and what worked for me in the past, and now which I am going back to).

I am 32 and I believe I have very slow MPB which started about the time I was 24 (my brother who is younger than me is going bold, and all the males in my family have very slow MPB).
I came to believe this because my head would itch at the crown and temple area and then I would see quite a few hairs in between my fingers. It took me a little while to come to the belief it was MPB (because I had a very thick afro back then). Over the next couple of years my hairline receded a bit, from about NW0 to NW1. I then started taking dutasteride which worked amazingly. I had no itch, hair stopped shedding and hairline thickened up back to NW0 basically (as I remember it).

Then I came off dutasteride for various reasons. In the next year my hairline shot back (in a very broken fashion at first) to about a NW1 and beyond. But this time my hairline was thinner than before (in fact my temples receded straight away and I had a shaved head at the time. Because of this one work colleague said it looked like I had horns on my head lol).
Around about the same time all this was happening I had an injury at work which caused me to have a long time off of work. In that time I was off of work I used a topical of onion/garlic/ACV (apple cider vinegar, the Braggs organic version).
This topical thickened my hairline up (filled it in), I think only after about two months of use. My friend even said that my hair looked thicker one day while visiting.
However, the problem is that this topical is only practical when you live like a hermit, as it stinks. Even two weeks after using it if you sweat or it is hot you will smell it.

Then after a while of being off the topical I jumped back on Dut because I could not handle the annoying itch and shedding (the crown was even starting to thin I believe). Once again Dut worked amazing but I came off of it after a while because I think I was suffering mentally from it (bad memory and brain fog, but I am not sure if I was just being paranoid).

Well, once again of being off of Dut things reversed but this time even worse. I currently have a regime (supplements and foods to avoid etc...) which helped, but I always wanted to get back on the topical of onion/garlic/ACV; but I put it off for a long while thinking the smell is just too bad and impractical.

After watching the video of this man on Youtube and his results in nine months on the topical (of onion/garlic/apple cider vinegar):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i6ssQKdTLg

I was searching the comments section and read of some ways to suppress the smell of the topical. There are three ways I saw which people claimed worked:

(1) Add rosemary oil (which is good for hair on its own, as certain studies have suggested it is as good as minoxidil).
(2) Honey (which other topical use, as honey is good for skin and anti-bacterial).
(3) Wash hair with baking soda.

I used (1) and (2) in my topical (I use a pure honey which looks white and waxy, not the brown golden processed stuff), and it reduced the smell by about 90%. This is amazing, as now I can jump back on this topical and still live a normal life lol.

I may still add (3) at a later date, but at the moment there seems to be no smell after I wash my hair.

It is still very early days, so I have nothing to report in terms of actual regrowth; I am just putting this out there for anyone else who wants to try this topical but could not because of the smell (here is the solution). The reason for hope concerning this topical is that since using it I have noticed:

(1) The itch has died down to nearly a complete stop (this was also the effect I got on Dut), where as before I would have the itch through out the day sometimes.
(2) My scalp feels healthier (this was also the effect I got on Dut).
(3) Where my hair was thinning I now have a dull ache there instead of an itch (this was also the effect I got on Dut).
(4) This topical worked in the past as far as I remember, so I hope it will do the same again.

Now a lot of people are reporting success on this topical (if you check the comments section of that man's Youtube videos), but a few do not (normally people who have probably not done it very many moths though). I did see one interesting comment in particular, which I thought probably was quite a significant insight:

//////////
I have started the OGV routine and accidentally stumbled upon something. I've recently over the last two months been using collagen red light therapy at my local tanning centre to help with eczema. I was pretty much bald and using OGV and the therapy which helps increase blood flow to skin has started to grow hair pretty rapidly. Before my friends would say I was bald but now they say I've just thinned out so its a remarkable improvement. I have recently gone out bought a face tanner and replaced the bulbs with the collagen ones and I'm using it ten mints a day and I'm seeing new hair sprout up all he time. Might be worth a go!

+Maddy Mad I've only been doing the OGV for around a month so far. I have used it in the past but had no joy after about eight months. I decided to give it another go as I've kinda ran out of options at that time and using it and having red light seems to be working for me.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Light-Therapy-Collagen-Fights-Wrinkles/dp/B0095LCRH4

Here's a link to the kinda machine I'm using, however I went on eBay bought a face tanned for about thirty pounds and bulbs about forty  so it's saved me heap of cash. I don't know how it's working but it is. Maybe helping increase blood flow and condition to the scalp? It does penetrate 10mm so could be reactivating dormant roots. I thought I would throw it out there:)
\\\\\\\\\\

This to me might be a good insight. I think this because what he is saying is similar to what Swiss-temples did to grow his temple hair back, and I know an old remedy for hair loss was to soak your scalp in onion juice and sit in the sunlight. So it might be worth doing.

So my regime (other than the supplements I take and foods I avoid) is basically:

Onion/Garlic/ACV Topical

Juice one red onion and five cloves (small segments) of garlic. Add one tablespoon of ACV. Then add one teaspoon of honey and two/three teaspoons of rosemary oil. Put all this in a squeeze bottle shake and store in the fridge when not in use. Don't use batch if it last longer than a week (make a new batch, maybe best to do this every three/four days at the most).

At night I put on my head (temples and crown) for one to two hours (or you can leave it all night with a shower cap on, which is what the man in the video does). I then wash it off with diluted ACV and then a shampoo (I think the best results will be with a caffeine shampoo and Nizoral; obviously use on separate days, not on the same day). Then in the morning I add an oil which I think helps the hair and covers the smell (if there is any smell, but to be honest it is pretty much dead after washing my hair). I might aim to do this everyday, but initially I was going to do this every other day (or even just three days a week).

Topical Oil

I mix in a bottle (roughly):

- 10 teaspoons of jojoba oil.
- 4 teaspoons of rosemary oil.
- 3 teaspoons of lavender oil.
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon of tea-tree oil.
- (may add one teaspoon of coconut oil in the future).
- Squeeze two saw palmetto caps in there (may add Beta Sis too at a later date).
- Empty two caps of Ginseng in there (may add  L-Lysine as it is believed to lower the conversion to DHT in the skin).
https://www.hairlossrevolution.com/science-of-ginseng/

I think putting this topical on in the morning is best (rather than at night, but whatever works for you if you want to try it)

I think in the future I will also add derma rolling once every two to three weeks (at 1.5mm), the baking soda wash and perhaps the collagen light.

Well, I just wanted to leave this out there for anyone else thinking of jumping on a new topical Smile
CampOfDavid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Going back to what worked for me in the past.

Post  johndoe1225 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:47 am

Does it matter what kind of juicer you use to juice the onion/garlic for the hair spray?  I hear slow masticating juicers are the healthiest/best.

Anyway good luck Very Happy

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RE:John...

Post  CampOfDavid on Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:09 am

I am not sure Smile the man on Youtube just uses a blender then strains the juice from the pulp Smile

P.S. thanks Smile
CampOfDavid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:34 am

CampOfDavid wrote:I am not sure Smile the man on Youtube just uses a blender then strains the juice from the pulp Smile

P.S. thanks Smile

Oh, then I'm sure it doesn't matter.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top