FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

A diet which restored the bald patches of three men suffering from MPB; what do you guys think?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A diet which restored the bald patches of three men suffering from MPB; what do you guys think?

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:18 pm

Hey Odin

Yeah I was afraid of that, about boiling reducing nutrients.  I really need to learn how to steam.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A diet which restored the bald patches of three men suffering from MPB; what do you guys think?

Post  sanderson on Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:36 pm

SonofOdin wrote:As a hunter gatherer, there are times where I must hunt down the wooly mammoth, and extract the finasteride from its tusks for consumption. >.>

Sadly... yes.

As I said in my post, I greatly fear aging. Remember, my story was that I went from NW1.5 to NW4 in under a year. The drug brought me back to a very thick NW3 that with the right hair style, a very short crew cut, as well as a light application of toppik hair fibers, no one would suspect I have much loss at all.

That's probably the superior method to consume gelatin anyway so I would definitely keep doing it. Have you observed any positive effects after taking it for some time?

Not really... maybe it effects face and skin well, but hair wise, I don't think it is going to be a big factor. That's simply because I think thyroid plays a bigger part in the puzzle as opposed to gelatin.

Last edited by sanderson on Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
sanderson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  john3333 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:01 pm

Sanderson, you said you have a fungus problem. The problem could be a toxin or protein spike rather than sugar spike. The carbs are probably being fermented by bad bacteria.

You need to eat a carbohydrate rich diet to eliminate the fungus. At high amounts, carbs will feed the good bacteria and the fungus will die off. Michael Greger has said it should take 3 days after eating vegan to get a healthy microbiome.

Good bacteria can't eat protein or fat. They need fiber. I've talked about what happens to protein and fat in the colon in another post.
Ketogenic and other high protein diets like Ray Peat diet feed bad bacteria protein and fat, which creates toxic metabolites like ammonia. It is common for people on ketogenic diets to shit once a week. This means there is even more fermentation, oxidation and putrefaction.
Ray Peat might be worse than Ketogenic diets in some ways. RP's diet is even lower in fiber. There is an even lower chance of having a healthy microbiome.

Foods from best to worst:
1.Fruits, cooked vegetables
2.Tubers, corn
3.Grains, legumes
4.Wheat(it's still healthy)
5.Fish
6.Meat, dairy,eggs

Corn, especially sweet corn, would be #1 too since it's pretty much a fruit, but it's GMO and aflatoxins. I don't really believe the aflatoxin story though, especially not for fresh corn. Not sure though. Non-fresh corn does have mycotoxins. It's not the corn's fault though.

Also, methionine and cysteine break down in the colon into hydrogen sulfide.
I don't think glycine protects against this or the other ways in which methionine causes aging.
Grains naturally have 3 times more glycine than methionine, in any case.

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/why-supermarket-meat-is-always-unnaturally-red/
The meat you eat has already begun to putrefy, without need of your colon bacteria at all! This is one of the most important reasons not to eat meat.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Putrescine
Hunter Gatherers ate their meat few hours after killing it.

Last edited by john3333 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
john3333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson on Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:10 pm

john3333 wrote:Sanderson, you said you have a fungus problem. The problem could be a toxin or protein spike rather than sugar spike. The carbs are probably being fermented by bad bacteria.

You need to eat a carbohydrate rich diet to eliminate the fungus. At high amounts, carbs will feed the good bacteria and the fungus will die off. Michael Greger has said it should take 3 days after eating vegan to get a healthy microbiome.

Good bacteria can't eat protein or fat. They need fiber. I've talked about what happens to protein and fat in the colon in another post.
Ketogenic and other high protein diets like Ray Peat diet feed bad bacteria protein and fat, which creates toxic metabolites like ammonia. It is common for people on ketogenic diets to shit once a week. This means there is even more fermentation, oxidation and putrefaction.
Ray Peat might be worse than Ketogenic diets in some ways. RP's diet is even lower in fiber. There is an even lower chance of having a healthy microbiome.

Foods from best to worst:
1.Fruits, cooked vegetables
2.Tubers, corn
3.Grains
4.Wheat(it's still healthy)
5.Fish
6.Meat, dairy,eggs

Corn, especially sweet corn, would be #1 since it's pretty much a fruit, but it's GMO and aflatoxins. I don't really believe the aflatoxin story though, especially not for fresh corn. Not sure though. Non-fresh corn does have mycotoxins. It's not the corn's fault though.

Also, methionine and cysteine break down in the colon into hydrogen sulfide.
I don't think glycine protects against this or the other ways in which methionine causes aging.
Grains naturally have 3 times more glycine than methionine, in any case.

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/why-supermarket-meat-is-always-unnaturally-red/
The meat you eat has already begun to putrefy, without need of your colon bacteria at all! This is one of the most important reasons not to eat meat.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Putrescine
Hunter Gatherers ate their meat few hours after killing it.

Yes I think you could be right about the carb portion of it. Why do you think carbs make fungus go down? LIke, what is the mechanism behind it? I noticed I was hungry last night before I went to sleep and I didn't eat, then when I woke up in the morning, my fungus looked like it was worse. I think it for sure had to do with it and it was probably a cortisol spike, but I don't understand the mechanism behind it.. and I know vitamin A will help it, along with proper thyroid function, perhaps it's the lack of thyroid contributing towards it?
sanderson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  john3333 on Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:46 pm

I don't know.

I'm not sure if you're the person who said that he got really bad digestion or leaky gut from proprecia. Sorry, if that's not you. If it isn't you, this info is still extremely relevant.
Have you tried oregano oil?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAkIk9EJ2T4

People at 30bananasaday.com shit at least 3 times a day.
This means they have few endotoxins being created from fermentation. It's fresh fruit too so you know it's fresh and healthy and what's rotten. It has beneficial enzymes. Meat has enzymes too, since it has bacteria. It's the type of enzymes created from bacteria though, so it's bad.

You have no idea if meat, fish, oil, or gelatin is fresh or rotten. There's no way it is though unless you went out fishing yourself and ate it right away. That's probably how the Okinawans ate their low amounts of fish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pnan0ETlVE

The fungus from meat could be making their way into the blood.

Carbs feed the good bacteria.
Freelea the banana girl, who eats 30+ bananas a day, cured her candida fungus with the fruitarian diet.

I don't know why you went to bed hungry. You could've made a 10 banana smoothie and gulped it down and went to bed. I wouldn't recommend making a habit of gulping it down or eating right before bed though.
john3333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top