Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

DHT effect on hair.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DHT effect on hair.

Post  blackjack on Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:51 am

If you raise DHT levels high enough will everyone start losing hair?

blackjack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DHT effect on hair.

Post  rofl on Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:56 am

no, some will still be immune to it.
rofl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack on Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:02 am

I know some guys that start losing their hair on TRT and some have no genetics to it.... like full head of hair at age 50 then slowly start losing it... I know they say TRT will just speed the process up if your genetically

blackjack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson on Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:19 am

the "genetics" part is all bullshit. imo, if your body responds bad to DHT, it's because of another problem.. most likely high cortisol levels
sanderson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack on Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:20 am

If your body responds badly to DHT is because your genetics.. Genetics is the only thing that matters in MPB... The genetics may load the gun but i guess its possible your lifestyle, diet, stress may pull the trigger, but the trigger probably gets pulled regardless; these things just may slow it down a tiny bit...

blackjack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:02 am

DHT is a pervasive myth in hair loss biology.

Certainly there is a direct correlation with baldness via saliva tests...However, not with serum (it is inverse).

Most people use serum tests and they are often baffled when they find out how low their serum DHT is.

It's a lot more important to figure out why 5-alpha reductase levels are too high (that's more key).

A person with good hair will more likely see a high serum DHT, not a low one.

Also, DHT when it is active in local tissues (key word here, is active)...then it will suppress IGF-1...then you'll have the primary mechanism for hair loss.

There are several other secondary factors as well (just depends on the person).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  blue88 on Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:14 am

What would typically make DHT active in tissues?

blue88

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack on Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:39 am

Most people use serum tests and they are often baffled when they find out how low their serum DHT is.

Thats because they become sensitive to any amount of DHT....even small amounts will trigger hair loss

blackjack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack on Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:41 am

Why do men with genetics lose their hair once starting TRT (steroids)?

blackjack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:19 am

blackjack wrote:If your body responds badly to DHT is because your genetics.. Genetics is the only thing that matters in MPB... The genetics may load the gun but i guess its possible your lifestyle, diet, stress may pull the trigger, but the trigger probably gets pulled regardless; these things just may slow it down a tiny bit...

Here's my reckoning in a nutshell: genetic inheritance of baldness gene > testosterone activates gene > gene causes upregulation of PGD2 receptors > stress or infection leads to an increase in CRTH2 pro-inflammatory cytokines > cytokines home in on CRTH2 receptors of matrix cells > cells are destroyed > repeated episodes of inflammation trigger another gene which 1. prevents krt-15 stem cells from maturing into CD34+ progenitor cells 2. without these progenitors, matrix cells cannot form > follicle permanently remains in telogen phase.

Edited: these cells are already in a highly immunoreactive state, therefore excess mechanical force causes increased inflammatory problems. This, no doubt, is why I experienced accelerated loss when I used to comb and wear tight fitting hats.
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson on Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:30 am

blackjack wrote:If your body responds badly to DHT is because your genetics.. Genetics is the only thing that matters in MPB... The genetics may load the gun but i guess its possible your lifestyle, diet, stress may pull the trigger, but the trigger probably gets pulled regardless; these things just may slow it down a tiny bit...

really, what "genetics" causes it? everyone says genetics, genetics, geneteics, but there is nothing i've seen that shows that. PGD2 is high in scalps... do you know where PGD2 comes from? It requires polyunsaturated fatty acids to make it.. what if you don't eat any PUFA, will genetics magically make more PGD2 in the scalp? Or the fact that prolactin is high in people balding... will genetics make you not eat calcium and magnesium to make that go up?
sanderson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson on Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:31 am

Xenon wrote:

Here's my reckoning in a nutshell: genetic inheritance of baldness gene > testosterone activates gene > gene causes upregulation of PGD2 receptors > stress or infection leads to an increase in CRTH2 pro-inflammatory cytokines > cytokines home in on CRTH2 receptors of matrix cells > cells are destroyed > repeated episodes of inflammation trigger another gene which 1. prevents krt-15 stem cells from maturing into CD34+ progenitor cells 2. without these progenitors, matrix cells cannot form > follicle permanently remains in telogen phase.

Edited: these cells are already in a highly immunoreactive state, therefore excess mechanical force causes increased inflammatory problems. This, no doubt, is why I experienced accelerated loss when I used to comb and wear tight fitting hats.

you can't have PGD2 without polyunsaturated fatty acids....... don't eat them in your diet....
sanderson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  john3333 on Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:36 am

sanderson wrote:
Xenon wrote:

you can't have PGD2 without polyunsaturated fatty acids....... don't eat them in your diet....
I partially agree.
There are too many types of PUFAs to label them all bad. Plant PUFAs and animal PUFAs are an example of this. Omega 6 and and omega 3 are another example.
Animal PUFAs are the bad ones.
The problem with meat is not just PUFAs though. Meat contains bacteria, viruses, and parasites.
john3333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Organism on Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:23 am

john3333 wrote:
There are too many types of PUFAs to label them all bad. Plant PUFAs and animal PUFAs are an example of this. Omega 6 and and omega 3 are another example.
Animal PUFAs are the bad ones.
The problem with meat is not just PUFAs though.  Meat contains bacteria, viruses, and parasites.

Not true. Animal fat is mostly saturated, and mono saturated and their PUFA comes from plant PUFA dependent on their food composition. Besides the EPA & DHA from fish.

Plants also contain bacteria & parasites.

These are natural defensive mechanisms in plants, many plants have natural anti-nutrients, and problematic proteins that deactivate enzymes in humans.

Ex. Eating too much raw kale will make you hypothyroid because of the goitrogens.

Organism

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack on Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:36 am

I hope your right because the hair loss gene runs strong in my family

Or the fact that prolactin is high in people balding

I have seen men with MPB have low prolactin sometimes.

blackjack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top