FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Can Low-fat Diets Help with the Elimination of Toxins Found in Animal Products?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can Low-fat Diets Help with the Elimination of Toxins Found in Animal Products?

Post  john3333 on Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:35 pm

PCBs are a toxic chemical found in fish.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/04/140409143946.htm

Is it the Olestra that is increasing the PCB rate of decrease OR is it the low-fat, high-carbohydrate potato that is increasing PCB rate of decrease?

While many ketogenic advocates praise animal fat for helping with the absorption of A, D, E, and K, they forget that many of the toxins found in animals, PCBs and DDT, are also fat soluble. Do the benefits of A, D, E, and K outweigh the dangers of the fat-soluble toxins found in meat? It's hard to say since there are many more toxins in meat than PCBs and DDT, like neu5gc. Therefore, it is best to avoid animals since they have high amounts of toxins. It could be that the group who ate potato chips with oil had increased absorption of these toxins from meat. For a vegan the increased absorption of these fat-soluble toxins would not be as great for a meat eater, since plant foods are naturally free of PCBs and DDT.

Another thing I want to say about the A, D, E, and K is that we have known for a long time that plant and animal vitamins are very different. As an example eating high amounts of vitamin A may cause Hypervitaminosis A, which you can die from. I'm not saying a little meat will cause this dangerous condition, but it obviously telling us that we are not evolved to consume such large quantities of meat. The opposite is true for vegans where This condition is not possible for a vegan no matter how many liters of carrot juice you drink. Although there is carotenosis, new recent research has shown that it is in fact beneficial.
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eating-better-to-look-better/
We have enough research showing that carotenoids improve skin health.
Another thing ketogenic promoters parrot is the belief that plant vitamin A is inferior to animal vitamin A, but nothing could be further from the truth. Carotenoids have shown superior benefits not found from vitamin A.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3705341/

I could go on for the other animal fat-soluble vitamins AND the other animal vitamins, but you can all do that if you want to learn about the truth.
Another example is heme iron. Anybody who is familiar with science knows that that heme iron causes free radicals in the colon.

So if these fat-soluble vitamins aren't so healthy sometimes, why do ketogenic eaters keep promoting them? Most are getting paid by the meat industry.

What we need to take from this study is: (1) Eat a diet low in animals to reduce consumption of PCBs (2) Eat a diet low in fat, since fat increases absorption of these toxins
john3333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can Low-fat Diets Help with the Elimination of Toxins Found in Animal Products?

Post  CausticSymmetry on Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:13 am

If we are interested in hair and the removal of toxins....a narrow focus on a low fat diet can be detrimental.

A few reasons for this:

(1) Not everyone can handle a high carb, low fat diet.

(2) Fat is extremely important for mobilizing toxins out.

(3) Saturated fats (certainly one can use coconut oil for this) are better for mobilizing toxins out.

If you eat animal products....and believe me, that's mostly what I eat. Opting for quality, free-range, hormone-free varieties without-antibiotics is a great idea. Admittedly I do not do this this very often and perhaps if I did, I would probably not require as much protection.

With that said, a primary threat of toxins goes so far beyond just in what we eat (it's also what we breathe), both in and outdoors.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Can Low-fat Diets Help with the Elimination of Toxins Found in Animal Products?

Post  Sage 1 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:04 am

Of course this is a forum for our hair/health, and not our environment.
But still the meat/fish industry drains our planets resources, and for me that should be the biggest reason to at least cut down our consumption of meet and fish.

Its not meat or fish we are eating its breeding products, and its not possible to feed them the organic way.
What they eat you eat.

Sage 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  john3333 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:01 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:If we are interested in hair and the removal of toxins....a narrow focus on a low fat diet can be detrimental.

A few reasons for this:

(1) Not everyone can handle a high carb, low fat diet.

(2) Fat is extremely important for mobilizing toxins out.

(3) Saturated fats (certainly one can use coconut oil for this) are better for mobilizing toxins out.

If you eat animal products....and believe me, that's mostly what I eat. Opting for quality, free-range, hormone-free varieties without-antibiotics is a great idea. Admittedly I do not do this this very often and perhaps if I did, I would probably not require as much protection.

With that said, a primary threat of toxins goes so far beyond just in what we eat (it's also what we breathe), both in and outdoors.

What we breathe is important.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/zika-virus-miami-aerial-spraying-naled-chemical-sparks-safety-concerns/
Chemtrails is real.
john3333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical on Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:20 pm

john3333, this is a pretty interesting article. Seems like the olestra helped increase the rate of removal.

"Olestra is a fat that passes through the body and remarkably it has revealed a potential health benefit of removing PCBs. Our early work with animal studies predicted that we would see this effect in people," Jandacek says of the clinical trial.

Twenty-eight residents Anniston, Ala., who had known high levels of PCBs participated in the yearlong study. Half of the participants consumed 12 Pringles a day made with vegetable oil, and the other half consumed 24 Pringles a day made with olestra. The serving sizes varied to control for calorie count.

According to the results, the half who ate the olestra chips had a PCB rate of decrease of 8 percent, an eight-fold increase in the rate of removal prior to the study compared with those who ate the chips with vegetable oil, who had a 1 percent increase in the rate of removal.

"Olestra's effect on PCB removal is apparently the result of solubilizing fat-soluble compounds like PCBs in the intestine and the solubilization reduces absorption of these compounds into the body," says Jandacek, who was the principal investigator on a 2005 study that found that olestra removed toxins from animals.

As an aside, maybe maintaining a low body fat percentage would be a good way to reduce the effects of PCBs.

imprisoned-radical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top