Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Thyroid and Estrogen Dominance

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thyroid and Estrogen Dominance

Post  The Hulk on Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:08 am

I am suspecting that I have an under performing thyroid and also have estrogen dominance. Here are some recent lab results;

Body Temperature - Orally - 97.48 ( 36.38C )

Resting pulse rate - 84 BPM

Total Cholesterol - 259 mg/dl ( 6.7mmol/L )

TSH - 0.5 uIU/mL ( 0.5 mIU/L )

Calcium - 90.35mg/dl ( 2.34mmol/L )

Phosphate - 42.5mg/dl ( 1.1mmol/L )

Prolactin - 5.2 ng/ml ( 110mIU/L )

I have been on the IH regimen for a number of years now (consistently). I had stopped taking Iosol for nearly a year, but am back on this starting this week and am currently taking about 25mcg per day in divided doses.
I am thinking of getting on to natural progesterone cream too.

Can anyone share their thoughts on my situation? I am lost on why my thyroid is so bad.

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thyroid and Estrogen Dominance

Post  johndoe1225 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:44 am

Maybe a gluten sensitivity or something like that?  Do you have any of those symptoms?

They say that even if you have no symptoms, you still might have a gluten sensitivity.

Also, a really simple thing to do to increase testosterone (at least for a week) is to not ejaculate.  I don't know what happens after a week when testosterone levels peak at around 150% but it's probably good, and I know that at least I feel bloody awesome when I don't ejaculate.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:33 am

Thank you for your reply.

I would be very certain that I am not gluten intolerant. I think have have had this under active thyroid for a few years now.

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson on Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:11 am

are you shedding at all? or do you get the "itch"? your prolactin is epic.
sanderson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:25 am

I was just looking at some pictures I took back in 2011 and some pictures that I took yesterday... When I compared them as best I could, I felt my hair had slightly improved. I am not sure if I get hair shed any more. Hairs do fall out, but I think it is just a normal amount? My hair does look a bit thin, but I think all in all it is not so bad. It does not seem to be the situation where there is recession and aggressive hair loss. I really think my issue is coming down to hypothyroidism and estrogen dominance.

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson on Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:01 pm

i see... what is your issue exactly? honestly dude, your TSH looks really good if that is normal measurement range for thyroid? i mean that is below 1, that is pretty low. i forget what the normal measurement is for it, as in what the unit it is measured in. i feel like you need to be taking thyroid medication to get levels that low. and if your TSH is that low and your cholesterol is that high... damn.. and your prolactin is really low, you must be horny AF all the time, is that accurate? these levels are honestly pretty good.
sanderson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:30 am

Sanderson, I was going to reply on the other thread in regards to estrogens, but I may as well reply here seeing as the thread is relevant to my question. Although this estrogen / MPB issue has made the rounds on here a few times in the past, I've never been able to fathom the connection between high estrogen and MPB. This isn't a critique BTW, I'm just genuinely curious to find out what the connection is. From my angle, it's always pointed to estrogen having anti-hairloss affects, whereas with T / DHT it's always been pro hairloss. What about super masculine high T guys like Jason Statham, Dwayne Johnson or Hulk Hogan (as examples of high T bald men). Surely estrogen is very low in these guys, yet they still have MPB. Also, if estrogen promoted hair loss, why isn't it rampant in females?
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:33 am

The Hulk wrote:I am suspecting that I have an under performing thyroid and also have estrogen dominance. Here are some recent lab results;

Calcium  - 90.35mg/dl ( 2.34mmol/L )

Phosphate  - 42.5mg/dl ( 1.1mmol/L )

I have been on the IH regimen for a number of years now (consistently). I had stopped taking Iosol for nearly a year, but am back on this starting this week and am currently taking about 25mcg per day in divided doses.

Can anyone share their thoughts on my situation? I am lost on why my thyroid is so bad.

Your calcium should read 2.34mmol/L = 9.38 mg/dL (not 90.35)

Estrogen problems usually reveal symptoms such as low T issues, low energy, hypertension, low-mood, edema, poor stress resistance, excess sebum, poor libido.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:58 am

Estrogen problems usually reveal symptoms such as low T issues, low energy, hypertension, low-mood, edema, poor stress resistance, excess sebum, poor libido.

I understand estrogen dominance promoting these things, but in what way does it have an adverse affect on scalp hair? I've read it can reduce TSH, but even still, I know many hypothyroid men who have perfect heads of hair; my friend's dad has always had thyroid issues, but even in his late 60's he still has a full, thick head of hair.

Edited: I know one particular guy who is 42, and he has always looked very pre-pubescent -- very soft female-like skin, man boobs, fat belly, hips, thighs, and talks softly like a woman. Looking at this dude, he comes off as someone who has estrogen dominance issues, yet no balding at all.
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson on Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:36 am

Xenon wrote:Sanderson, I was going to reply on the other thread in regards to estrogens, but I may as well reply here seeing as the thread is relevant to my question. Although this estrogen / MPB issue has made the rounds on here a few times in the past, I've never been able to fathom the connection between high estrogen and MPB. This isn't a critique BTW, I'm just genuinely curious to find out what the connection is. From my angle, it's always pointed to estrogen having anti-hairloss affects, whereas with T / DHT it's always been pro hairloss. What about super masculine high T guys like Jason Statham, Dwayne Johnson or Hulk Hogan (as examples of high T bald men). Surely estrogen is very low in these guys, yet they still have MPB. Also, if estrogen promoted hair loss, why isn't it rampant in females?  

there is nothing good about estrogen in men... estrogen is the hormone of aging. it can induce glycosis in your body, as in your body will start burning fat for energy instead of burning food for energy and it would start putting food into your fat stores and make you a fat ass. it can lead to water retention (puffy face everybody?). it depletes your glycogen stores.. this could really be another point in why it causes problems.. that's going to make it difficult for your body to get the sugar it needs to maintain your blood sugar. if you dont maintain your blood sugar, your cortisol will spike, and that will inhibit thyroid function, how is your body going to make testosterone and all the downstream protective hormones with no thyroid, it wont, it will go lower and lower. i really think diabetes and hair loss are related to each other after checking my blood sugar and noticing when the "itch" came. it always came when my blood sugar went above 120 to 130, it's like my body couldn't handle the blood sugar spikes.

we don't really know if those guys have high testosterone or not. yeah they are ripped, but you don't know there levels. working out and pumping iron, you are tapping into a lot of energy stores to pump that iron.. i bet they got there cortisol pretty high there and were inihbiting thyroid.. i think you need to be careful with really heavy exercise.

i just looked up the rocks meal plan: http://www.muscleandfitness.com/nutrition/meal-plans/smell-what-rock-cooking

Meal 7
30 grams casein protein
10 egg-white omelet
1 cup veggies (onions, peppers, mushrooms)
1 tbsp omega-3 fish oil

This is his meal 7... there is absolutely no where near enough carbs to cover him here. WTF is he doing. That is all protein. 10 egg white omelete.. jesus. This is going to induce the biggest fucking stress reaction in his body. Protein is going to release insulin, that insulin is going to drop his blood sugar sharp, then he's going to have a cortisol reaction going up and peace out his thyroid. No way that is pro testosterone style eating. And his overall plan barely has any calcium, even magnesium is not too abudant, those two things are very important to lowering prolactin and PTH which can increase said estrogen. Muscle meat in general is going to lead to thyroid inhibition as well, further causing problems with hypo leading towards higher estogen.

my theory is that the water retenton is causing problems in your skull environment to where DHT will now be allowed to let your hair fall out.. yes i think DHT is a problem still, but only when the environment of the head is bad. obviously dht is bad.. we can see what happens when you inhibit it... it works, but only when estrogen is high i think
sanderson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:17 am

sanderson wrote:i see... what is your issue exactly? honestly dude, your TSH looks really good if that is normal measurement range for thyroid? i mean that is below 1, that is pretty low. i forget what the normal measurement is for it, as in what the unit it is measured in. i feel like you need to be taking thyroid medication to get levels that low. and if your TSH is that low and your cholesterol is that high... damn.. and your prolactin is really low, you must be horny AF all the time, is that accurate? these levels are honestly pretty good.

My main issues are REALLY low testosterone (outside the range low) and high cholesterol (which is coming down). My resting temps and even temps through the day are low also. I believe things are pointing towards hypothyroidism.

You are correct on high libido. Sends me nuts some times.

I am not taking an thyroid yet and I have been on the IH regimen for a number of years.

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:24 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
The Hulk wrote:I am suspecting that I have an under performing thyroid and also have estrogen dominance. Here are some recent lab results;

Calcium  - 90.35mg/dl ( 2.34mmol/L )

Phosphate  - 42.5mg/dl ( 1.1mmol/L )

Your calcium should read 2.34mmol/L = 9.38 mg/dL (not 90.35)

Whoa... Looks like I incorrectly placed the decimal on that one. Ha, ha... After the correction, is my calcium still ok?

My symptoms are - Very low testosterone ( 245ng/dl / 8.5nmol/L ), high cholesterol, high libido, low energy, bleak outlook, lack of motivation, tiredness, poor concentration...

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson on Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:22 am

The Hulk wrote:
sanderson wrote:i see... what is your issue exactly? honestly dude, your TSH looks really good if that is normal measurement range for thyroid? i mean that is below 1, that is pretty low. i forget what the normal measurement is for it, as in what the unit it is measured in. i feel like you need to be taking thyroid medication to get levels that low. and if your TSH is that low and your cholesterol is that high... damn.. and your prolactin is really low, you must be horny AF all the time, is that accurate? these levels are honestly pretty good.

My main issues are REALLY low testosterone (outside the range low) and high cholesterol (which is coming down). My resting temps and even temps through the day are low also. I believe things are pointing towards hypothyroidism.

You are correct on high libido. Sends me nuts some times.

I am not taking an thyroid yet and I have been on the IH regimen for a number of years.

thats crazy dude. maybe some nutrient is missing or something. i mean, you have a TSH of 0.5. that is clearly telling me you have enough thyroid circulating. 0.5 is honestly really low and nice. i would love to have a level that low without taking thyroid meds. that is pimp. your cholesterol being high.. i mean, typically if you have a TSH that is good, that said thyroid is burning and utilizing the cholesterol. you know, i dont think it is really that high. ive seen it recommended to be 200+, which is all ready out of range from a doctors perspective i think. i would like to have a cholesterol that high as well... all the steroid hormones get made from cholesterol.

what is your diet like? do you think your getting enough vitamin A? testosterone is made primarily from cholesterol, thyroid, and vitamin A. try to go to whole foods and buy beef liver and eat it once a week and see what happens. vitamin A can suppress thyroid function though, but i dont know man.. your TSH is so low.. maybe try with a small piece and see how you feel the next day.

i have never seen this before. maybe its one of the supplements that is causing it? it makes sense that it is working though on your hair loss, your DHT is probably low, but i didnt know you could have a really good libido with really low testosterone like that, it's really interesting case here.

the other thing i can thnk of is maybe your vitamin D is low... but your prolactin is so low, you must be getting enough calcium and it is being absorbed from the vitamin D.. plus i think vit D is in IH regimen too. but may be it is the vitamin A. i would try the liver dude, see how it goes and dont change anything else. you are honestly in a good spot here if your prolactin is so low.. i wouldnt try doing anything crazy or drastic and mess that up. you could go far to the other spectrum like your prolactin skyrocketing up and having problems.
sanderson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:03 am

Thanks for your reply.

I am getting 5,000 - 10,000 IU a day for D3 and around 10,000 - 20,000 IU a day for Vitamin A. I also take K-2. I really do follow the IH regimen very closely and consistently...

I am beat on what the issue is as well. I am muscular too and weigh about 215lbs with maybe 15% body fat. With testosterone so low, I am amazed I added muscle like I did. My testosterone was actually lower. It was originally 219 ng/dl ( 7.6 nmol/l ), then it went up to about 274 ng/dl ( 9.5 nmol/l ) and then it dropped back down to where it is now.

My cholesterol was originally 344.16 mg/dl ( 8.9 mmol/l ). High dose Krill and (I think) Taurine brought this down.

Since my last lab results, I have donated blood to lower ferritin levels. I am not sure what this will do yet.

My body temps are always low. I don't have cold hands or feet though.

Sanderson - I tried sending you a PM...

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson on Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:02 pm

The Hulk wrote:Thanks for your reply.

I am getting 5,000 - 10,000 IU a day for D3 and around 10,000 - 20,000 IU a day for Vitamin A. I also take K-2. I really do follow the IH regimen very closely and consistently...

I am beat on what the issue is as well. I am muscular too and weigh about 215lbs with maybe 15% body fat. With testosterone so low, I am amazed I added muscle like I did. My testosterone was actually lower. It was originally 219 ng/dl ( 7.6 nmol/l ), then it went up to about 274 ng/dl ( 9.5 nmol/l ) and then it dropped back down to where it is now.

My cholesterol was originally 344.16 mg/dl ( 8.9 mmol/l ). High dose Krill and (I think) Taurine brought this down.

Since my last lab results, I have donated blood to lower ferritin levels. I am not sure what this will do yet.

My body temps are always low. I don't have cold hands or feet though.

Sanderson - I tried sending you a PM...

so something is probably wrong with your thyroid function i guess... i mean, that is what the low body temp is a sign of for sure. i would drop all PUFA's from your diet and supplements.. it's gonna get some negative feedback here, but i would drop all the krill oil and fish oil or whatever, it is a PUFA as well. PUFA are known to inhibit thyroid function. that's someplace to start.
sanderson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:42 pm

I am trying to follow Peat as best I can. I know that CS and Peat have some differences, so I try to walk the line between. My diet is pretty simple...
Cup of oats-Raisins-Apple-whole milk and Greek Yogurt with coffee and OJ for breakfast
Cottage cheese morning snack with coffee
Lunch varies - Could be steak and home grown eggs, could be bacon and eggs, could be ham and salad sandwich
Afternoon snack is cottage cheese again and a coffee
Dinner could be sir fry, curry, steak and potatoes, meat and salad etc...
All our cooking is done with olive oil etc, etc... Meats, we go with non-hormone types. Our eggs are home grown. I try and stay away from junk fast foods.

CS - Can you offer any thoughts on this? I am really struggling to get some direction on what to do. My current plan is to get on desiccated thyroid and progesterone with maybe some pregnenalone.

As Sanderson is saying, everything looks very good except for a few things.

Last edited by The Hulk on Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:45 pm

Sanderson, I tried PM'ing you, but don't think it is working. Can you send me a PM?

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Schitz Popinov on Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:42 am

The Hulk wrote:Thanks for your reply.

I sent you a PM earlier.  Just disregard it, was meant for someone else.

At any rate .... I tried that regimen of D3, Vitamin A, and K2.  The scalp itch came back and I went thru a massive shed.  Got me so spooked I quit it immediately.

I'm 5'11 and 195lbs.  My testosterone is at the bottom of the range and I suspect it would fall out completely it if it weren't for that fact that I lift weights 3-4 nights/week.  Still, it's not ideal hormonal conditions for me to keep the muscle on and for my recoveries.

Last edited by Schitz Popinov on Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:59 am; edited 2 times in total

Schitz Popinov

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:17 am

Well... I guess all I can do is start taking desiccated thyroid, progesterone and pregnenalone and see how this goes. I am not sure people know what is going on in my case. It seems rather unique?

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson on Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:05 am

The Hulk wrote:Well... I guess all I can do is start taking desiccated thyroid, progesterone and pregnenalone and see how this goes. I am not sure people know what is going on in my case. It seems rather unique?

i would drop pufa before doing that.. you have a very low TSH
sanderson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:52 am

I think the IH regimen and watching what I eat has really helped me with thinning hair. This week I took some pictures of my hair and compared to the ones back in 2011. I think it has at least stopped and maybe improved. I am going to get a second opinion though just to make sure...
The more I look into my low temps, high cholesterol/triglycerides and very low testosterone... Seems to me that I am hypothyroid and this is causing issues. Perhaps once I get everything balanced, all will come good...

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction on Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:22 am

Donating blood to reduce ferritin = you have high ferritin? Then hemochromatosis probably is the answer. It often leads to low testosterone, and it can come with high cholesterol. Thyroid disorder is apparently an occasional side effect of hemochromatosis.

takingaction

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top