Lymphangiongenesis

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lymphangiongenesis

Post  Brabus on Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:14 am

What can cause lymphangiogenesis?

https://www.jci.org/articles/view/71607

This article says inflammation can cause lymphangiogenesis.

What can induce inflammation? Dermaroller?

Brabus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lymphangiongenesis

Post  Xenon on Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:40 am

I'm not an expert on this, Brabus, but if there was a chronic issue with the lymphatic system, then wouldn't this develop into a lymphoedema, and the balding areas would be totally swollen? In my balding areas I don't have any form of swelling at all. The only time it has slightly swollen is when it has been inflamed, but the swelling soon subsided. In fact, if I press on the balding areas I can feel an extremely thin layer of adipose tissue, then with a bit more force, I feel the hardness of the skull, but that's it.

Here is what a lymphoedema in the limbs looks like. Surely the scalp would also balloon up in a similar way if there was so much trapped lymphatic fluid?

Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brabus on Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:39 pm

Well i have a swelling, thats what im explaining all this time Smile

Lymphoedema has similarities with mpb, of course its not as swollen as in the limbs cause the gravity is helping the fluid go down but still look at bald people you cant deny their head are bigger. Also fibrosis happens with lymphoedema and people lose their hair on the limbs.

Brabus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:59 am

Brabus wrote:Well i have a swelling, thats what im explaining all this time Smile

Lymphoedema has similarities with mpb, of course its not as swollen as in the limbs cause the gravity is helping the fluid go down but still look at bald people you cant deny their head are bigger. Also fibrosis happens with lymphoedema and people lose their hair on the limbs.

Sorry, I thought you said that your accident caused cerebrospinal fluid retention, which caused intracranial pressure, and your skull to expand - not lymphoedema of the scalp.

One thing I will disagree with is: "but still look at bald people you cant deny their head are bigger". I've seen many a man with a large round head, but they still had a full head of hair, and, conversely, men with tiny craniums and advanced MPB. I've even posted a number of examples on here in the past. There might be a kernel of truth in the expanded skull theory (I did once believe this until I came across opposing examples), but I seriously think that the scalp would be forced to stretch and become more pliable in order to maintain homeostasis.

As for fibrosis, I can't help but question this theory. In the case of MPB, only the matrix cells are targeted by cytokines, but so long as there is a sufficient supply of progenitor cells, these matrix cells are continually renewed with each hair cycle. For instance, look at alopecia areata sufferers... their follicles are subjected to auto-immune attack, yet many of them are known to regrow hair even after many decades. For that reason, I can't help but question the validity of this theory.
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brabus on Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:26 am

Yeah im sure there are a few causes of hair loss, but in the majority I noticed people with mpb have a bigger head

Brabus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum