Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Rubbing Ginger Juice (Natural JAK Inhibitor) Regrew Alopecia Areata Patch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rubbing Ginger Juice (Natural JAK Inhibitor) Regrew Alopecia Areata Patch

Post  hope777 on Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:04 am

Hi guys,

I know this forum mainly deals with Androgenic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness) so please notice that this post is about Alopecia Areata (AA) which is another type of hair loss. I still saw fit to post it here because it's a forum that deals with natural hair loss treatments and also because research regarding JAK inhibitors for MPB (such ruxolitinib and tofacitinib) is planned to take place maybe during the upcoming year.

Topically rubbing ginger juice on my alopecia areata patch (on the beard) regrew my hair (which hasn't regrown by itself for 2 years). Within few weeks I started to see some lost hair growing back and after about 4 months all hair regrew.

Other systemic changes I've made: raising my vitamin D to within the normal range, avoiding stress, eating a lot of dietary fiber to support healthy gut flora (these three factors act to regulate the immune system).

Ginger supposed mechanism of action: Studies from recent years (2015 study, 2011 study) suggest that some compounds in ginger may act as JAK inhibitors which is exactly how the new experimental drugs which show great success in growing the hair of people with severe Alopecia work (ruxolitinib, tofacitinib). In addition, the ginger may also act to stimulate hair growth by inducing blood flow to the treated area.

You can read my full story of experimentation at resolvealopecia.wordpress.com (if for any reason the link is broken search in google 'resolvealopecia wordpress') which is a small blog I've created to contain the info about my experimentation with ginger (and other treatments which didn't work with as good results), how I've made the ginger juice and some other possible study-based treatment options (which I've considered).

Since the topical treatment with ginger juice is cheap, available and easy I think that anyone with patchy alopecia should try it. My guess is that rubbing ginger would work better for people with patchy alopecia while for those with alopecia totalis and alopecia universalis it would be more crucial to first tackle the other factors mentioned above that act to regulate the immune system (again it's only my guess).

Before topically applying ginger - AA patch was stable for some time:

After 4 months of topically applying ginger (once every few days):

hope777

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rubbing Ginger Juice (Natural JAK Inhibitor) Regrew Alopecia Areata Patch

Post  lookalike on Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:31 pm

Those are really impressive results, thanks for sharing. After you applied the juice/pulp and rubbed the mixture 5-7 mins, did you wash it off or leave it on your scalp overnight?

lookalike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hope777 on Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:24 pm

lookalike wrote:Those are really impressive results, thanks for sharing. After you applied the juice/pulp and rubbed the mixture 5-7 mins, did you wash it off or leave it on your scalp overnight?

I had the AA patch on my beard (not the scalp) but I don't think there should be any difference in treatment.
I left it without washing - didn't have any problem with it since it doesn't leave any color or smell so basically it sort of disappears on its own.

Hope this helps.

hope777

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:51 am

Nice job!!!

I recently started using a mixture of ginger root and rosemary (but boiled together, not raw). I put it in a spray bottle which makes it really easy to spray my problem areas throughout the day whenever I want. I spray it many times, but it hasn't been long yet.

I got a heating/burning sensation a few times with this mixture, but it hasn't happened lately.

I just found a blender in my house so I guess I'll start using ginger as an actual topical too.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 on Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:48 am

Still amazed regarding using supplements instead of using real natural, and if so you have to boil them so their origin efficiency regarding nutrients becomes minimal.
Can someone please inform me why?

Sage 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:59 pm

One of my favorite JAK-stat modulators over the years.

http://www.iherb.com/Dragon-Herbs-Standardized-Scute-500-mg-Each-100-Veggie-Caps/55598

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top