FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Article stating vitamins and antioxidants are BAD NEWS....would love opinions on this (IH?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Article stating vitamins and antioxidants are BAD NEWS....would love opinions on this (IH?)

Post  The Liberator on Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:38 pm

Would love to hear everyone's thougts on this (especially IH) article. I found it kind of disturbing...especially since I am taking an insane amount of pills everyday (I am on the IH protocol)

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20161208-why-vitamin-supplements-could-kill-you

The Liberator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Article stating vitamins and antioxidants are BAD NEWS....would love opinions on this (IH?)

Post  Sage 1 on Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:11 am

I don´t find it disturbing why people are pill abusers (or maybe actually I do), and i understand It´s a huge industry.
Whole food is not labeled with a a nice description why It´s good for you as the pills are, and of course It´s not a small pill that you can just swallow since you have to actually shew or drink the real deal.

A simple green leaf is way more complex, and we have not even scratched the surface what and how we should use what grows under our feet.
Many people find their own way, but It´s never going to accepted as a treatment or as many calls a cure.

The link you provided docent have any effect anyway, since people wants to be in their safe bubble.
So keep inhaling your pills.

Sage 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Article stating vitamins and antioxidants are BAD NEWS....would love opinions on this (IH?)

Post  Biffy on Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:28 am

BBC is pharma driven mainstream media - look at their article about GcMAF.

This is crap one sided article that disputes hundreds of studies and ortomolecular practice that improved lives for so many people.

What have I learned the hard way you can't beat MPB without aggressive consistent supplementation. In my experience antioxidants have helped my hair and health tremendously, but you need to dig deep and spend years of research to understand all of this.

Biffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 on Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:50 am

Biffy wrote:BBC is pharma driven mainstream media - look at their article about GcMAF.

This is crap one sided article that disputes hundreds of studies and ortomolecular practice that improved lives for so many people.

What have I learned the hard way you can't beat MPB without aggressive consistent supplementation. In my experience antioxidants have helped my hair and health tremendously, but you need to dig deep and spend years of research to understand all of this.

Have no clue how you managed to get pharma involved?
How does the supplement industry work, for your well-being?

So you actually have to spend years of research, just to increase your hair quality?
I found my way by simplicity, since nature is doing all the hard work for me instead.

And for the moderator: The China love adds is just degrading if you want seriousness in this forum.
Just plain tacky when you for some strange reason or of course obvious reason, to keep people reading your post by scrolling down a new bikini/half naked girl will pop up to keep the reader interested.

http://www.immortalhair.org/apps/blog/

Sage 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Biffy on Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:45 am

Maybe because it is in their interest to get antioxidants and vitamins slammed - they tried that in countless similar mainstream articles and it is total nonsense. Here in EU for example European Food Safety Authority doesn't even support the antioxidant "theory" - they apparently done their independent research Wink.

I take supplements not just for hair, but general well being, productivity and for sport performance. What is impressive that I didn't get sick in 3 years (not even with a cold) and didn't take single pharma tablet for 7 years.

Biffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:37 pm

Biffy wrote:Maybe because it is in their interest to get antioxidants and vitamins slammed - they tried that in countless similar mainstream articles and it is total nonsense. Here in EU for example European Food Safety Authority doesn't even support the antioxidant "theory" - they apparently done their independent research Wink.

I take supplements not just for hair, but general well being, productivity and for sport performance. What is impressive that I didn't get sick in 3 years (not even with a cold) and didn't take single pharma tablet for 7 years.

Exactly.

The media (most of it is only compromised of 6 conglomerates).

They've been slandering and vilifying supplements from the very beginning.

It's their competition. And of course one could argue that some pharmaceutical companies have some interest in supplements, but those are usually the variety to avoid.

People are now dying faster, they are getting sicker than in the previous generation. Standard of care is a push for pharmaceuticals and vaccines. It's a killing machine for profit (verified by their own statistics).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs on Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:40 pm

CS, I'm curious as to what your thoughts are on these 2 points made in the article (copy and pasting):

Point 1: But by accepting an electron, the vitamin C becomes a free radical itself, able to damage cell membranes, proteins and DNA. As the food chemist William Porter wrote in 1993, “[vitamin C] is truly a two-headed Janus, a Dr Jekyll-Mr Hyde, an oxymoron of antioxidants.”
Thankfully, in normal circumstances, the enzyme vitamin C reductase can return vitamin C’s antioxidant persona. But what if there’s so much vitamin C that it simply can’t keep up with supply? Although such simplifying of complex biochemistry is in itself problematic, the clinical trials above provide some possible outcomes.

Point 2: We now know that free radicals are often used as molecular messengers that send signals from one region of the cell to another. In this role, they have been shown to modulate when a cell grows, when it divides in two, and when it dies. At every stage of a cell’s life, free radicals are vital.
Without them, cells would continue to grow and divide uncontrollably. There’s a word for this: cancer.
We would also be more prone to infections from outside. When under stress from an unwanted bacterium or virus, free radicals are naturally produced in higher numbers, acting as silent klaxons to our immune system. In response, those cells at the vanguard of our immune defense – macrophages and lymphocytes – start to divide and scout out the problem. If it is a bacterium, they will engulf it like Pac-Man eating a blue ghost.
It is trapped, but it is not yet dead. To change that, free radicals are once again called into action. Inside the immune cell, they are used for what they are infamous for: to damage and to kill. The intruder is torn apart.
From start to finish, a healthy immune response depends on free radicals being there for us, within us. As geneticists Joao Pedro Magalhaes and George Church wrote in 2006: “In the same way that fire is dangerous and nonetheless humans learned how to use it, it now appears that cells evolved mechanisms to control and use [free radicals].”
Put another way, freeing ourselves of free radicals with antioxidants is not a good idea. “You would leave the body helpless against some infections,” says Enriquez.

These seem like good arguments. Just curious what you think?

sizzlinghairs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top