FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Tattoos may cause hair loss and/or cancer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tattoos may cause hair loss and/or cancer?

Post  steve215 on Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:06 am

Does anyone know if getting a tattoo can potentially make hair loss worse or even cause cancer?

I can't help but to think the increase in hair loss and cancer maybe caused by more people getting tattoos these days...

If not, does anyone know of a safe ink to use?

Thank You

steve215

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tattoos may cause hair loss and/or cancer?

Post  john3333 on Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:39 pm

Getting an ink tattoo will absolutely exacerbate hairloss and cause it.

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-a-Tan-Tattoo
Tan tattoos, on the other hand, may actually help prevent and reverse hairloss by helping you get vitamin D, an important nutrient that many hairloss victims are deficient in. Being out in the sun is one of the most important steps to curing adrogenic alopecia. It might be enough to satisfy your tattoo desire too.

john3333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:23 pm

I think if you had a tattoo done with a simple powdered carbon ink this would probably be ok for you. The carbon is simply super fine carbon from wood mixed with water to make like a paste. There is plenty online about this. The effect is lasting and has more of a dark gray than black look. I am not sure that your skin loves to have sharp granules sitting inside it, but carbon is well tested and is even commonly ingested with positive effects. Powdered carbon is a common base for dark colored tattoo inks . Not all inks are pure carbon. I have carbon tattooed on my scalp, press it every day with a hard object, and there is no irritation or obvious problem. The hair is growing back fine over the tattoo.

Long ago CS posted a research article about mice regrowing hairs after stitches left in stimulated hair regrow. This was from the skin being forced into regeneration mode by the constant irritation I concluded. Perhaps the carbon adds to this effect on my scalp.

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top