Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

General scalp itch and seborrheic dermatitis

View previous topic View next topic Go down

General scalp itch and seborrheic dermatitis

Post  j87x on Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:10 pm

I used to have scalp itch like many of you describe, I tried many things. I also have SD, but not in the areas where I had scalp itch too. I haven't had scalp itch in a long time and this is what works for me:

After shower (within 3 minutes to lock in moisture) I apply MCT oil, then cerave moisturizer, then more MCT oil. Keep in mind I shave my head, so I apply it to my whole head/face. This might be difficult for people with hair. Coconut oil didn't work as good. If I could go back in time I wouldn't bother with any other topicals. Other lotions make my condition worse, cerave is the only one that is consistent. Also avoid shampoos with chemicals, I use cerave face wash on my entire head. Avoid all other oils if you have SD because they feed the yeast.

MCT oil cannot be metabolized by yeast, so it is effective against seborheic dermatitis. I also use manuka honey on my problem areas before shower, this seems to help too. There's a product called BIOM8, they sell high strength MCT oil and probiotic spray. Other people seem prefer this but I found no difference between it and plain MCT oil + moisturizer.

j87x

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General scalp itch and seborrheic dermatitis

Post  john3333 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:28 am

Sleep deprivation and cayenne give me the itch. Both of these destroy the hair.

john3333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top