FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

How Much Vitamin D3 With NO Sun Exposure?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How Much Vitamin D3 With NO Sun Exposure?

Post  johndoe1225 on Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:19 pm

Hey everyone

I'm trying to refine my dosage of vitamin D3 and I'd like to know on average what the proper dosage is if you stay indoors constantly (I don't, I'm just wondering for a baseline).

I do spend a lot of time indoors though, but the last time I checked my D levels (alpha-hydroxy vitamin D test or whatever it's called) it was "normal", but I spent some time researching it and it's starting to seem like it's on the low side.

If it matters, I'm 145 pounds, 5 feet 11 inches tall, and Italian (so I guess a little bit more on the tan side).

Also, sun exposure through windows doesn't count, right?  I read windows block the good rays, but allow the harmful rays through.  If the window is closed obviously, lol  Very Happy

I used to take 5,000 IU on and off, but I slacked off, so for the last few weeks I've started up again with 2,000 IU about 5 days a week, along with 100 mcg K2 mk7 whenever I take the vitamin D.

Thanks

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How Much Vitamin D3 With NO Sun Exposure?

Post  sanderson on Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:20 pm

it should be between 50 to 60, i think only 2 or 3k at a time is safe though, high doses arent really good for you necessarily... get your range to that level
sanderson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:29 am

Ok thanks, I forgot exactly what my number was.

I know that the amount needed can vary greatly from person to person and the only way to know for sure is to have regular vitamin D blood tests, unfortunately I'm terrified of blood tests Very Happy

At least the upper limit set by a few sources with "no observable effects" at 10,000 IU a day.  The vitamin D council seems to think 5,000 IU a day is recommended, and I think the endocrine society is around 4,000, so more or less the same.

Also, I rarely see any of these sources make much mention of combining vitamin D with K2 and magnesium, which helps.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top