Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Testosterone, Sebum, Circulation and Demodex

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Testosterone, Sebum, Circulation and Demodex

Post  alberteinstein on Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:20 am

Just wondering what everyone thinks of this Theory, feel free to chime in. I just wanted to point out some things I've noticed.

We know Testosterone has a negative effect on hair follicles, but also has a positive effect.
Testosterone can make little vellus hairs thick and dense, it can also make hairs thin and weak.
The reason men bald is not Testosterone directly but the effects it has on the sebaceous gland. Men tend to produce more sebum than women because of testosterone, this leads to men having thicker hair, but like everything, too much of something is not good.
Our bodies have more sebaceous gland density on the face and scalp than in any other part of the body, hence why we have so much thick hair on our scalps and beards later on in life.
The problem with this is not Testosterone, Demodex or Sebum but the fact that Sebum and Demodex mites can choke\plug the follicle and inflame the follicle leading to thinning hair\acne\etc.
The reason the hair on the side of our heads never goes bald is because the circulation there is so good, that the cells are being replenished much faster and that the debris does not build up in the pores because they are constantly being exfoliated naturally by our hair pushing out the debris and  circulating the DHT in the area.
There are reports that Demodex in itself is not bad, but overpopulation of these mites combined with the fact that they live off sebum and die inside the follicle all have a negative effect.
If the circulation to the follicle was good and the pores were able to shed the debris, I think a lot of issues can be avoided.
The fact that we create excessive sebum as men, tension in muscles that restricts blood flow, mites that our immune system is constantly battling and a host of other issue all end up choking the follicle and thinning the hair.

I've noticed personally that at 34 my body is still thickening hairs throughout my body, just not my scalp.
I've noticed that muscles that have main arteries and that have had a lot of stimulation like my arms, legs, lower back, and chest are all hairy.
My back has always been plagued with acne and for a person who is really hairy, I have almost no hair on my back.
My theory is that because of the acne of my back, hair has no chance to grow because all the follicles are inflamed.
It seems, like most people, that our back, face and scalp create the most sebum, hence why acne is more prone in those areas.
As a kid I had mild facial acne, and as soon as my beard started to come in, acne of the face no longer existed other than the occasional pimple.
My theory is that my facial hair is growing healthy and pushing all the foreign debris out of the follicle, where as when I was younger, the debris was getting stuck and creating acne.

Interesting to note that Zinc and Niacinamide are two things that are supposed to help with acne.

Hopefully this can get some of the brains here going.

alberteinstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Testosterone, Sebum, Circulation and Demodex

Post  cdto2012 on Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:28 am

Hi, this sounds like the discussions we had over a year ago on this thread about demodex and sebum etc.
http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t10798p90-detumescence-really-works

I find that raw garlic eaten by the clove is the best to keep my skin clear, as an antibiotic. To get to the cause, start with senna or vitamin C laxative colon evacuations, and juice fasting.

With the new method of DT-CPR the first step is pressing out the sebum and getting the scalp healthy. Eventually the inflammation goes away, circulation is increased, and the hair slowly regrows. I still use pure tea tree oil to prevent demodex.

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top