Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Question About Making A Very simple Vitamin C Hair Spray

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question About Making A Very simple Vitamin C Hair Spray

Post  johndoe1225 on Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:10 am

Hey friends

I want to start using some sort of topical vitamin C on my scalp.  I already use a DIY serum on my face with LAA powder and distilled water (the percentages range from 5%-20%), but I don't think I can apply it properly to my scalp like I can to my face, so I thought, maybe I could make a hairspray!

What do you guys think would be the best percentage to start out?  How much distilled water to how much LAA powder?

I know vitamin C oxidizes very quickly, so I guess I could simply spray it all over my problem areas maybe 20 minutes or so before I shower.

Also, will the vitamin C stain my hair/mess with the color? Because if I do this it's definitely going to get on my hair, not just my scalp.

I already have a white/green tea hairspray that's just 1 teabag to 1 cup of distilled water, maybe I can add the LAA to that for simplicity?

Thanks everyone Very Happy

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question About Making A Very simple Vitamin C Hair Spray

Post  CausticSymmetry on Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:23 am

Wouldn't dream of doing it if you're outdoors in the sun, it will oxidize and provide zero benefits.

However, a fat soluble form (ascorbyl palmitate) may fair better.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:54 am

Well I am actually indoors most of the time, but even if I spray it on like 20 minutes (or whatever) before a shower, then let it sit for 20 minutes or so and wash it off, that wouldn't do any good either?  I definitely wouldn't go out in the sun with it.

Or should I just buy ascorbyl palmitate like you mention and mix it in with coconut oil or something?  What concentration should I use? I could even mix it in avocado or olive oil then put it in a spray bottle.

However, if it's all the same ie. keeping out of the sun, I think I'd rather use the hairspray with LAA.

EDIT:  Oh, what about making my scalp sensitive to the sun?  I know that vitamin C serum for your face does that.  But I  have long hair AND wear a hat when I go out now, so I don't think that would matter, right?

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top