Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Serious Itching Sometimes When I Eat Spicy Foods

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Serious Itching Sometimes When I Eat Spicy Foods

Post  johndoe1225 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:11 am

Hey everyone

Sometimes (not really always), when I eat spicy foods, I get an almost unbearable (meaning difficult not to scratch) itch on my head, but not in areas where my hair is thinning.

Any thoughts?

Stop eating spicy foods? I would like to continue eating things like cayenne pepper because they are good for your health, hopefully we can rule this out.

Thanks Very Happy

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Serious Itching Sometimes When I Eat Spicy Foods

Post  SonofOdin on Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:50 pm

You're going to find a lot of conflicting information. Some say Cayenne pepper is pro-hair because it increases blood flow, but others will say spicy foods are causing you inflammation.

When my hair loss was at its worst, was when I'd have an itchy scalp. An unordinarily itchy scalp is never a good thing in my opinion so for you, I'd avoid spicy foods to be on the safe side.
SonofOdin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:10 am

SonofOdin wrote:You're going to find a lot of conflicting information. Some say Cayenne pepper is pro-hair because it increases blood flow, but others will say spicy foods are causing you inflammation.

When my hair loss was at its worst, was when I'd have an itchy scalp. An unordinarily itchy scalp is never a good thing in my opinion so for you, I'd avoid spicy foods to be on the safe side.

Yeah I was afraid of that, I'll do that, thanks

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:56 am

This is has been a "hot" topic for several years.

Internal use of spices aggravates hair in some people (and the effect is well documented)

Also, the research shows that only a very small amount of the spice in question may offer potential benefit, but a little more offers just the opposite effects. Topically is a different story, but all in all, even the pro aspect of spices are not worth the trouble.

Would avoid if it's an issue.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:10 am

Ok thanks guys, I guess I'll just avoid spices, that's unfortunate because I do enjoy them.

The strange thing though is that it doesn't happen with all spices, do you think it could be just certain spices?  This rarely happens with cayenne pepper that I use myself for example.

I used to like to make a tea with turmeric, black pepper, coconut oil and cayenne pepper and I seemed to tolerate that fine, but I guess other spices really don't agree with me?

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:16 am

Cayenne is the spice to avoid (internally).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:21 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Cayenne is the spice to avoid (internally).

Oh, ok, that simplifies things, thanks again Very Happy

I did hear a lot about topical applications of this stuff, I wonder if I could make a hairspray out of it...

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alberteinstein on Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:36 am

I have a different take on the whole Scalp Itch.
I believe hair will grow when the capillaries are healthy enough.
When I go jogging sometimes I get an itch in my legs as my capillaries start to open up. I think this is the exact same effect on your scalp when you are itchy.
The reason in my opinion why we get the itch is the capillaries are opening, which in reality if you want healthy hair shouldn't be happening, they should already be open and flowing.
The reason stress is the number one influence of hair loss is tension puts pressure on these capillaries and they reduce or completely stop blood circulation.
The reason some people diffuse is a gradual shrinking and abrupt baldness is a complete shut down of capillaries.
Avoiding foods that cause a flush I don't believe helps but actually the opposite.

alberteinstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Benjamin Button on Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:10 am

...When you get that itch you better handle it fast or your gonna shed pretty fast. It is caused by INFLAMMATION, and you only feel it in mpb areas.

When I get the itch, it's usually when I've been eating processed crap, wheat, and too much sugary caffeinated drinks.

guzzle high potassium drinks when it happens like coconut water or tomato juice, and it usually stops it.

Credit to Taeian for this bit of hairloss advice.
Benjamin Button

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:16 am

alberteinstein wrote:I have a different take on the whole Scalp Itch.
When I go jogging sometimes I get an itch in my legs as my capillaries start to open up. I think this is the exact same effect on your scalp when you are itchy.
The reason in my opinion why we get the itch is the capillaries are opening, which in reality if you want healthy hair shouldn't be happening, they should already be open and flowing.
The reason stress is the number one influence of hair loss is tension puts pressure on these capillaries and they reduce or completely stop blood circulation.
The reason some people diffuse is a gradual shrinking and abrupt baldness is a complete shut down of capillaries.
Avoiding foods that cause a flush I don't believe helps but actually the opposite.

That's true, it happens when I exercise too, in the exact spots where I get the spicy food itch!!! Shocked

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:12 am

johndoe1225 wrote:

That's true, it happens when I exercise too, in the exact spots where I get the spicy food itch!!! Shocked

Interesting! Makes perfect sense for me too. I used to get that itch when faced with sudden shock or news, my heart rate would speed up quick and it would flare up bad. When being out in the summer sun too, when my body temperature went up. Since working out and eating a lot better, the itch is rare now.... so it makes you wonder...

Nowadays, the previous itch spots seem more numb than the rest of my head. Would this involve some aftermath with the capillaries and blood supply?

This is a good perspective to investigate!
Smurfy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction on Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:48 am

Smurfy wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:

Interesting! Makes perfect sense for me too. I used to get that itch when faced with sudden shock or news, my heart rate would speed up quick and it would flare up bad. When being out in the summer sun too, when my body temperature went up. Since working out and eating a lot better, the itch is rare now.... so it makes you wonder...

Nowadays, the previous itch spots seem more numb than the rest of my head. Would this involve some aftermath with the capillaries and blood supply?

This is a good perspective to investigate!

That sounds like dysautonomia. Dietary change is part of the treatment.

takingaction

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top