FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Thinking of shaving my head - Pros & Cons?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thinking of shaving my head - Pros & Cons?

Post  MikeGore on Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:40 am

I've been doing the towel method mentioned by Margo lately, but when I do the crown area I feel like my hair is in the way and that I also damage the hair and it all gets frizzy. Would it be a good idea to shave my head so I can better apply the towel method to help bring circulation to the scalp?

My worry is that after I shave, my hair follicles might not grow back. The towel method might actually damage the shaven scalp more through some unknown way.

Also I have bought coconut oil and intend to use it on my shave scalp. Will this clog up the follicles and cause further hair loss?

These are just my fears. If there are good experiences and any positive reasons to shave scalp for increasing thickness and restoring health to the scalp, please let me know.

Regards,

Mike

MikeGore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of shaving my head - Pros & Cons?

Post  Benjamin Button on Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:17 am

I have a shaved head. It's better for brushing scalp, massaging, applying topicals.

You might panic when you look in the mirror and see scalp shine through thin stubble, which may look significantly worse than it actually is. When you have thin hair grown out it looks basically the same as thick hair... and then it might take ages to grow back if the hair is weak. so be warned if your the 'fragile' type. If you don't really give a fuck if it looks thin then enjoy the freedom of it.

about the oils. If your massaging and washing it daily it wont be an issue, but if you leave them in ALL the time it can make the hair greasy and feel/look unhealthy.

Don't know if coconut oil is the best choice. go with emu oil, or that herbaliser topical.
Benjamin Button

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:09 pm

I shave my scalp plenty, and I am sure the towel will not damage you, considering my pressing does nothing but good for my scalp. Shaving is stimulating to follicles, it is like an enzyme cleanse/peel, it removes the top layer or deeper of skin.

I wanted the benefits of coconut oil, but it did clog my pores too often. I do use lighter oils, and like to wash them out after a few hours with soap or vodka on a towel.

I have not used shaving cream for 20 years. Only regular bar soap rubbed on lathered with water. I am sure than normal shaving cream is toxic junk.

After you get used to the breezy feeling, I like not seeing gray hairs and extra fuzz on the sides. I will grow the top longer again when I can with density.

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top