FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

your ecklonia cava might be pine bark (or something else)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

your ecklonia cava might be pine bark (or something else)

Post  sindre on Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:40 pm

Sadly, this just shows how much fraud there is in the supplement industry and how impossible it is to really know what one is ingesting.

see:
http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/48202-ecklonia-cava-ece-for-ed-source-please/

I had a project for ecklonia cava in past, and we tested by LC-MS-MSn samples from eckloniacava.com (the supplier for the ecklonia cava extract from swanson) and we did not found any phlorotannins ! It contained molecules similar to the ones in pine bark, that makes our scientist to conclude that these samples was definitely NOT ECKLONIA CAVA ! This is a total shame knowing they claim to have a 98% pure ecklonia cava extract

If you order ecklonia cava, the only supplement on the market we think is ok is the one from korea: fibroboost (also sold on swanson).
I know I know and yes it is...

I used to want to collaborate with them using my dietary supplement company (as swanson did, nothing more nothing else) but finally I use to study the topic deeper in order to patent an extraction process using ecklonia cava. However, it was too hard to obtain the raw material, the project is not gone, but still highly delayed, and we focus currently on another herb.

We did test Ford-Speranza two times as 50 grams samples and also others from china. Ford Speranza was definitely not ecklonia cava unlike what they want us to think: brown powder... wich is actually another extract, our french lab (INRA Montpellier- France) think it is pine bark extract..

So are Ford-Speranza knowing they do not sell ecklonia cava ? I dont know, but since they sell it for years its a total shame they didnt control it.. We did have from them every data, and finally not ecklonia cava...

We tested also a 30% polyphenols ecklonia cava extract from china: it was indeed containing 30% polyphenols using Folin C method (cheap), but then we tested in our assay LC-MS-MSn protocol and all those was oxidized ! means 0% useful ! but at the origin we think it was well ecklonia cava or a similar seaweed (byciclis etc)

I even wanted to publish the result online using a bailif to certifiy the batch comes well from them but lot of expense (+ possible lawsuit) for nothing at the end since we now focus on others projects..

EDIT: if anyone is interested to promote the truth about them, Im ok to provide data if they want to make their own test prior to warning them: order sample from them as anonymous customer, and test it at your own. You will probably get same result as we did (2 times, 100% of the samples we tested)

sindre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: your ecklonia cava might be pine bark (or something else)

Post  Benjamin Button on Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:02 pm

Immortal uses this source ford spiranza or whatever it's called...

..for fuck sake, is this guy just trying to sabotage them or are they actually pedalling bullshit product? ...I don't have the funds to run lab tests on their product, yet now I'm in doubt.
Benjamin Button

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sindre on Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:23 pm

Yep, it is sad how little power we consumers have. When it comes to quite uncommon supplements like ecklonia Cava it is difficult to check if the product actually contains EC. Bah, what to do ...

sindre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge on Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:22 am

This guy is a troll that we have already addressed before on this forum. He has his own EC that he promotes and he does this little "chicken little" marketing scheme all over the internet in the guise of a "concerned consumer". He's just a BS'er. I have already banned him months ago and here he is again. Tell ya what, if our product is pine bark (it's not), then it's the most magical pine bark in the world because it is not only the #1 selling EC on Amazon, but received the rare accolade of "Amazon's Choice". I'm locking this thread.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top