FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

ALTERNATIVE to DT- READ using acetic acid-lympth IS key!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ALTERNATIVE to DT- READ using acetic acid-lympth IS key!!

Post  proscar3 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:03 am

messaged someone this a while back so i'll post it here...

heads up people ive been around the forums for years, way way back i . i was around when the original hair-site forum was good, when regrowth.com was a cutting edge forum etc.

anyway enough of me. regarding the lymph (and dt) i was using dt for some time and getting the 'sore red welts' that everyone was talking about including the crunching popping sound when you press/knead your head. although dt works, i was looking for a solution that was more time/cost effective. if you imagine i started from the assumption that calcification/and or fibrosis was taking place on the scalp and this was what was causing the crunching sounds, when you press on the scalp, i then looked for chemicals that would aid this.

research acetic acid/ calcification. magnesium calcification etc after reading this i looked into buying acetic acid in bulk and magnesium chloride. I have used a 20% acetic acid spray topical each for for about a month. when suddenly i started breaking out in the EXACT same red/sores welts i did when i was doing dt massaging heavily but the welts were worse-

conclusion the acetic acid and magnesium was breaking down the calcification in exactly the same way dt does. except more thoroughly  my scalp (disgustingly doesn't crunch or pop, but squishes when i press it) its become fluid underneath. hard to explain (hope I'm making sense) more importantly it made me extremely ill/flu like symptoms, off and on. I didn't link it to the topical at the time, but now i realize the breakdown of all the crap in my scalp, was too much too quickly and the excess toxins probable had nowhere to go but in my bloodstream. either way i had terrible flu, over the course over 8 weeks. you obviously have to tread carefully. bit rushed BUT hope this helps. to sum up

(calcification broke down TOO WELL) lymph tries to drain the excess away, but too much debris overloads you and makes you sick) my scalp actually squishes when i press on it now. pretty sure that vacuum cupping of the scalp, neck, forehead etc will help lymph drainage.  Ive been a lurker for years and looking from the outside in on the forums (every now and then)  its OBVIOUS to me that calcification/ fibrosis, lymph drainage and dt therapy (vacuum cupping) and DIET are all the parts of the jigsaw.

I wonder whether dealing with these issues will be enough on their own or whether they will just allow all the chemicals  that  should have worked|(but don't!) to now actually do their job.  Either way in my HUMBLE opinion unless the above is addressed NOTHING will work and people as a demographic with continue to get mixed, unsuccessful or just downright disappointing haphazard results.

opinions please

p.s it amazes me that people more obscure ways to break down  calcification whereas if one just googles acetic acid (in vinegar by the way!) and calcification up comes ......Acetic acid iontophoresis  which pretty much proves beyond a doubt that its a good substance to help  in this area.

proscar3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ALTERNATIVE to DT- READ using acetic acid-lympth IS key!!

Post  cdto2012 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:21 pm

Interesting research. I do not think that red welts are a common part of dt , at least not from pressing or hand massage.. maybe pinching.

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MovieJunkie89 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:54 am

What's funny is a pretty similar thing the OP described has happened to me before. There was a time I mixed magnesium oil with some Topical Grapefruitseed extract and did some DT for about 20 minutes. I remember my head feeling like it shrunk, and then getting a headache a bit later. A few hours later I felt sick as hell with flu like symptoms. Crazy stuff.

MovieJunkie89

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:01 am

It is interesting. Did you mix the solution yourself or buy a 20% diluted solution off the shelf?

Joey Ramone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:51 pm

I looked more into this today. Apparently the idea of it was to put the calcification into an acidic environment to make it soluble and be processed through the bloodstream. So yeah, get enough of it moving at once and you'd mess up your system during the 'detox'.

I forgot that I tried this once inadvertently. There's an old wives' tale a soccer playing taxi driver told me about where you wrap a busted bone in a vinegar soaked compression bandage and it'll heal you like a miracle. He said he scored three goals the next game. Anyway, I tried it and it didn't do a thing, buuut, everything in there has hardened now so the actual idea of it from way back when may actually be about dissolving calcification. The other thing is I used apple cider vinegar because I had it handy, but white vinegar is more acidic than ACV, so considering the mechanism, should be more effective..

I'm gonna retry this with my ankle using white vinegar this time and see what effect it has, considering I know that's calcified to all buggery I can use freedom of movement as a reasonable test of viability of the treatment. Interesting that grape seed oil has also been shown to be effective so I might try that if this doesn't work out as well.

Let's get squishy.

Joey Ramone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

for people interested i buy pure and dilute..... but be careful

Post  proscar3 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:39 am

normal vinegar wont do the trick im afraid or they may eventually but will take (in our terms far too long)i buy pure acetic acid and dilute!!!! its cheap do not inhale the fumes or ever try to smell pure acetic acid. the fumes are dangerous. however they dont leak into the air as long as you dont purposely sniff the bottle your fine. just thought id mention. its quite safe to dilute wear goggles, and gloves.

proscar3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:58 am

isn't this incredibly dangerous ?

even though the main component of glycine and vinegar is acetic acid, vinegar would be far safer

iuyyighghghgkh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:42 pm

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:isn't this incredibly dangerous ?

even though the main component of glycine and vinegar is acetic acid, vinegar would be far safer

Or ACV, assuming we're going the vinegar route?

So what, like just put this stuff in a spray bottle and keep your scalp saturated with it by spraying it on periodically for a few hours? What sort of ratio should we have, pure ACV, 1 part ACV - 1 part water, what?

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:54 pm

Appreciate the responses proscar, but no way I'm diluting my own acetic acid. All the tests used acetic acid at 5%, which is your standard vinegar. I've bought some double strength ACV at 8% acetic acid which I don't mind toying with. Any more than that and you're playing games with your bones. There's no studies in 20% on the scalp, so who knows if you're just liquefying your scalp, not to mention the dangers of an idiot like me mixing it myself. If it's going to do anything, it makes sense to me to start with an 8% vinegar and see how that feels.

As a general comment, ACV will dry out your hair, so I reckon every day is probably a bad idea. I'm thinking every few days as part of a dt regimen might speed things along.

Joey Ramone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Mon May 01, 2017 2:17 am

use this

http://www.nrcresearchpress.com/doi/abs/10.1139/y64-041#.WQX_8dzavcs

it will also block pgd2,

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1545496

dissolve 30 tablets in 60ml of water, filter in a coffee filter, then spray on scalp.

iuyyighghghgkh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone on Mon May 01, 2017 2:44 am

Nope.

Joey Ramone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Mon May 01, 2017 6:55 am

Joey Ramone wrote:
As a general comment, ACV will dry out your hair, so I reckon every day is probably a bad idea. I'm thinking every few days as part of a dt regimen might speed things along.

Can't this be more or less remedied by using this solution an hour or two before a shower so that you can wash it off with a natural shampoo? Or even apply some oils to your hair after the vinegar dries then shower.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone on Mon May 01, 2017 8:01 am

johndoe1225 wrote:
Joey Ramone wrote:

Can't this be more or less remedied by using this solution an hour or two before a shower so that you can wash it off with a natural shampoo?  Or even apply some oils to your hair after the vinegar dries then shower.

From my experience, it'll dry out your hair even if you use it in the shower and wash it off immediately. May just be me, because I have very dry skin anyway. However, yeah if you have some oils you can put in you're comfortable with and working, go nuts. I'm gonna go with every few days to see if I notice the difference after I massage with it in and without it.

Joey Ramone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Mon May 01, 2017 1:36 pm

Ok thanks, and good luck, looking forward to hearing about this.

Before I mostly just poured ACV in my hair, or sprayed it diluted DURING a shower, so a few minutes at most. That probably doesn't do anything, except maybe conditions nicely.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone on Tue May 09, 2017 10:52 pm

I stand corrected on ACV drying out hair... it's been conditioning beautifully. My head's shaved, but running my hands over it used to feel like straw. Now it's like a fluffy animal.

Joey Ramone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Wed May 10, 2017 1:52 am

Joey Ramone wrote:I stand corrected on ACV drying out hair... it's been conditioning beautifully. My head's shaved, but running my hands over it used to feel like straw. Now it's like a fluffy animal.

Thanks for the update, also great way to describe it, a fluffy animal Very Happy

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Thu May 11, 2017 8:27 am

^

EDIT:  Sorry I forgot to ask, when and how do you apply it?

I think I already mentioned I'm using a spray bottle, 100% undiluted, at least an hour before a shower.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone on Thu May 11, 2017 11:59 am

I just throw it on my head from the bottle and splash it in, then do dt with the ACV on my head and wash it out later with cold water. Gonna give it another two weeks before I report anything, but I'm liking it so far.

Joey Ramone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

people you havent listened to a single word... ACV is simply NOT going...

Post  proscar3 on Sat May 20, 2017 4:37 am

to do the job, its not strong enough, even if you use it for years. Drastic situations require drastic actions, 20% acetic acid may seem strong, but its not even a medium peel. you need to wise up people. i cant believe its become an ACV thread. ridiculous!!!! you will get no-where using such methods. thats all folks!!!! Razz

proscar3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:29 am

For anyone wondering , this is incredibly dangerous

Just buy double strength apple cider vinegar instead.

Soak a piece of paper towel in apple cider vinegar,

place it over your scalp.

Now put on a swimming cap so it stays in place. now go to sleep so it works overnight

glycine is actually called Amino-acetic acid and has similar properties to apple cider vinegar

iuyyighghghgkh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ACV DOES NOT WORK SAME TIRED OFF POSTS!!!!! PLEASE use another thread!

Post  proscar3 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:44 pm

as i mentioned earlier this actually isn't about acv, i don't know why its become so. ACV WONT WORK as the acid content is too low. i appreciate the member above knowledge but on this subject hes dead wrong. acetic acid is completely safe if handled correctly, as someone whos used to handling this substance for professional purposes i should know. we are not children and i don't like scaremongering. acetic acid can be bought in differing strengths and can also be diluted. acv is pointless as its too low and if if had the effect on the lymph, i would be using it myself. read the thread headline people. show me pub-med reports that acv breaks up calcification. that's just bro science. acetic acid does. if people want to talk about acv then make another thread this was started BY me offering knowledge of what works! lymph is key! and your not going to change the state of your situation using acv.

cheers

proscar3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:17 am

......but vinegar is just diluted acetic acid.

apple cider vinegar is about 10% acetic by weight

you don't have to buy 100ml of acetic, and dilute it to 20% or 10%

iuyyighghghgkh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  waitingforit on Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:55 am

Proscar,
I'm going to try your acetic acid/magnesium oil mix. I bought the 20% vinegar off Amazon and have Magnesium Oil. How often do you apply it? I've used peels, even some strong ones like 20-30% TCA so I'm used to peeling.
How much peeling do you get with this? I plan on putting on the topical, letting dry, then using a Pure Therapy handheld scalp massager to do the DT work. I also have a rebounder so I'll be using that to help stimulate lymph movement/drainage. Any other recommendations?

waitingforit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:42 am

It's not necessary

Soak apple vinegar in a towel or paper towel and wrap around the area.

It works. It dissolved a calcium heel spur on this man's foot.

https://www.earthclinic.com/mobile/cures/heel-spurs-treatment-home-remedies/apple-cider-vinegar-wrap/

To use on the scalp you would have to put on a swimming cap to hold the towel in place.

iuyyighghghgkh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top