Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

antioxidant methylene blue encouraging collagen and anti- aging in skin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

antioxidant methylene blue encouraging collagen and anti- aging in skin

Post  cdto2012 on Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:05 am

An interesting article, I have not deeply researched the topic, but I think I remember some guys talking about it for hair loss.

"
In these experiments, methylene blue outperformed the other three antioxidants, improving several age-related symptoms in cells from both healthy donors and progeria patients. The skin cells (fibroblasts, the cells that produce the structural protein collagen) experienced a decrease in damaging molecules known as reactive oxygen species, a reduced rate of cell death and an increase in the rate of cell division throughout the four-week treatment.

Cao and her colleagues tested methylene blue in fibroblasts from older donors (>80 years old) again for a period of four weeks. At the end of the treatment, the cells from older donors had experienced a range of improvements, including decreased expression of two genes commonly used as indicators of cellular aging: senescence-associated beta-galactosidase and p16."

Read more at: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-05-common-antioxidant-symptoms-aging-human.html#jCp

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: antioxidant methylene blue encouraging collagen and anti- aging in skin

Post  splohocky on Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:38 am

I might get some and add it to my moisturizer or seakelp bioferment and report back. This sounds amazing!

splohocky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top