Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

L. Reuteri For Hair Loss

View previous topic View next topic Go down

L. Reuteri For Hair Loss

Post  helpmyhair1 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:50 am

I was just on Rob's site (perfecthairhealth.com), the dude that advocates DT. He just posted an interesting article on a probiotic species called L. Reuteri. According to his research, this probiotic could help with hairloss as it has shown to help with raising testosterone, raising thyroid function, better absorption of vitamin D, etc.

Here is the full article here:

https://perfecthairhealth.com/l-reuteri-for-hair-loss-review/

I am thinking about getting this probiotic to try but wanted to see what others thought of this as well.

helpmyhair1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: L. Reuteri For Hair Loss

Post  DevilHands on Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:19 pm

Its not going to be a miracle cure. It might help to quell inflammation, but I think work still needs to be done.

I dig some information on people who have purchase the product and there are people who claim that they didn't feel anything different or that it was too expensive for them to continue.

DevilHands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:57 pm

No offence, but it took me about 10 seconds to see the fraud in this by the pictures alone.

Sage 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilHands on Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:19 am

^ His research actually has merit. If you read the article, he never claims that it can magically grow one's hair. Even admitted that treatment done on rats "rarely" translates to humans.

Taking that probiotic however may give health benefits, whether it can regrow one's hair or not. I don't know, although I highly doubt it's going to be the ultimate cure.

DevilHands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:55 am

Do some unbiased research instead, and belive me your gut feeling is the most important one when going to conclusions.
As said the posted pictures alone on the site you provided us tells enough, and hopefully you understand the point.

Sage 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilHands on Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:37 am

Can you tell me which picture your talking about?? The pictures are actually from studies, and if you're talking about the hair regrowth pictures from the man. That guy is actually a legit person. There's a video interview about him inside the 2nd package of ebook. And he didn't even attribute all of his success to Rob since that guy is doing a Danny Roddy diet.

I also made some researches and Danny Roddy, doesn't even acknowledge Rob so they're not connected.

I know you're advocating a vegan lifestyle but I have been doing a lot of researches and experimenting with my body. I started the fruit diet last year along with Dr. Morse herbs when it didn't work I went for a vegan lifestyle. It just did not work and made me feel worse.

I now try to read from actual studies, rather than just books or documentaries.

You're lucky that the tonic worked for you, but I highly doubt its going to work for everybody. As evidenced by people who have tried your formula. I might end up trying it, if I can easily have access to the ingredients.

Again, I believe that natural hair growth is an "individualized" process. You can't claim what works for you will work for everybody.

My gut feeling is telling me that this guy can be trusted. I just hope that I am right.

DevilHands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilHands on Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:11 am

Actually, I am now starting to understand why you think its faked. I am assuming you just saw the picture of the man without reading the article and think that the article is saying he took probiotics and experience regrowth but no! its actually not like that!

To reiterate, that guy did not even took the probiotic. Instead he attributes parts of his success to Sunlight (Vitamin D). Rob just puts his picture there to stress the importance of Vitamin D, because from studies.. that probiotic can actually also help absorb better Vitamin D.

DevilHands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:30 am

Im pissed that by the fake illusion he creates, or any other marketer for that matter.
This Is the reality and how they survive by misleading people for profit.

And by the way I would be quiet surprised actually, if the chaga herb treatment docent work for others.

Sage 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DevilHands on Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:42 am

Lol... yea I have to agree with this one. It's the least impressive out of the regrowth stories he have with all different angles. Don't actually know if he really did experience regrowth.

The most problematic ingredient I have with your formula is coconut milk and chaga. Most coconut milk I found in the market has preservatives and stabilizers. I have yet to see something pure. Which brand of coconut milk you use?

and as for Chaga, you think this would work?

https://www.amazon.com/Vimergy-Chaga-Extract-Powder-50g/dp/B00CJ1XBK4/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1501256213&sr=8-2&keywords=chaga+tonic

DevilHands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:59 am

I know my posts ha been confusing, and that is only due to my curiosity of refinement.
My so called hair elixir is only chaga tincture mixed with herbs, and thats it.

Refined oils docent belong in our system nor the scalp or hair for that matter.

Sage 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:38 am

DevilHands wrote:Lol... yea I have to agree with this one. It's the least impressive out of the regrowth stories he have with all different angles. Don't actually know if he really did experience regrowth.

The most problematic ingredient I have with your formula is coconut milk and chaga. Most coconut milk I found in the market has preservatives and stabilizers. I have yet to see something pure. Which brand of coconut milk you use?

and as for Chaga, you think this would work?

https://www.amazon.com/Vimergy-Chaga-Extract-Powder-50g/dp/B00CJ1XBK4/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1501256213&sr=8-2&keywords=chaga+tonic

Way overpriced, and just cut this one for example to very small pieces, and you will have a chaga tincture for a very long time:
https://www.amazon.com/Chaga-Mushroom-Natures-Form-Harvested/dp/B014JQDKFM/ref=pd_sim_121_6?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B014JQDKFM&pd_rd_r=3XXM01TAVMQBWV4M9G7K&pd_rd_w=bIQ5M&pd_rd_wg=rowhy&psc=1&refRID=3XXM01TAVMQBWV4M9G7K#customerReviews

Sage 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rob PHH on Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:56 am

Sage -- I'd love to address any criticisms you have towards me, my research, or my website. I'll take your comments one-by-one. And if you still feel I'm ill-intentioned, I'm happy to continue the conversation. Though I do ask that the criticisms stay directed at the content I create -- rather than deviating into ad hominem attacks that won't further either of our exchanges.

RE: the before-after photos on the website--

I welcome the criticism! The reality is that I can't control the quality of the before-after photos that readers send to me. Some photos I receive -- like Jared's -- show clear signs of regrowth. Other photos don't. Sometimes the photos aren't taken at the same angle, or in the same lighting, or with the same hair length. And as a result, there are a few before-after photos on the site where progress -- or the degree of regrowth -- is more difficult to determine.

The one thing I never want to do is misrepresent someone's progress. That's why readers' photos are left as-is, and unedited. In regards to the photos you criticized, those aren't photos of me. Those are photos of JD Moyer -- a blogger who wrote about his experience trying the methods inside the book. He covers the contents of the book in detail inside several of his posts. In fact, most people who read those posts get a strong enough understanding of the book's methods to forgo a purchase entirely. You can read them here:

http://www.jdmoyer.com/2015/04/13/hair/
http://www.jdmoyer.com/2015/08/03/hair-regrowth-update-and-faq/
http://www.jdmoyer.com/2016/10/29/hair-regrowth-update-2016/

I have JD's permission to share his photos on my site, which is why they're there. But you're more than welcome to read JD Moyer's blog posts or check out his content yourself -- and determine through the dozens of photos he's taken if you agree with his opinion of his own regrowth.

RE: my research--

Your comment to DevilHands asking that he "do some unbiased research" suggests, indirectly, that by DevilHands reading my research, he is engaging in "biased" research. This confuses me. It also leads me to believe that you haven't read any of my articles.

I take significant measures to ensure that the content I write is as scientifically accurate and as unbiased as possible. This year, I've even started working with medical professionals to assist me with article research -- since I don't want to have any blind spots. These medical professionals also review my articles before they're published for accuracy in the representation of the studies I reference.

To my knowledge, no other hair loss researcher does this. If you feel that any of my articles are "fraud" -- please cite a peer-reviewed, scientific resource that rebuts any claim I make inside one of my articles. I'm happy to take a look, review the paper, and make amendments to any errors that you might find.

RE: scam--

I've done my best to address these criticisms. I've made available my own pattern hair loss medical diagnosis, my own before-after photos, and photos from past readers who've committed to the regimens outlined on the site and in the book. I also put my face on the website and inside the videos. In addition, two readers who took before-after photos were gracious enough to do one-hour video interviews with me about their regrowth journey. These people also gave me permission to include those interviews as part of the book packages. This is to help validate the methods -- that they have worked for people aside from me.

I've also never censored any blog comments (unless they're spam). I've always responded to every email anyone has ever sent me (though it can take me a while). And I've always answered any questions asked in the comments section of my articles -- where people regularly engage in healthy debate about the article's science, and what's working / not working for them. I've also never become an affiliate for any product -- topicals, supplements, shampoos, etc. -- because in doing so, I'd undermine my own unbiased approach toward research.

I do put prices on my book packages. I used to do a pay-what-you-want model. Unfortunately, with that model, I wasn't even able to cover my hosting fees. I work a full-time office job in addition to running the website, and the website would be unsustainable if I relied on it for any form of real income.

With that said, locking the prices on the book packages affords me the ability to pay medical professionals to help me further my research and the accuracy of the content I produce. In addition, 99% of the material I create, I put out for free inside articles. In fact, the only content that you really have to pay for is my recommendations for dietary / lifestyle changes -- as well as my interpretation of the most effective massage techniques through my own experimentation and the success stories with whom I've worked. In addition, I offer full refunds to anyone who purchases and isn't happy. As a result, I've always seen a book purchase as more of a donation to further my research -- because book purchases are the only thing affording me the ability to produce high quality content.

RE: being a "marketer" who survives by "misleading people for profit"--

I don't consider myself a marketer, and for a few reasons: 1) I don't advertise the website, 2) inside all of my articles, I never put an "inside" link to my book or write articles that "tease" out the book -- hoping for someone to buy it, and 3) I have a full-time job outside the site, so I support myself financially and independently from the website. The website is a hobby, and also a fun ongoing research project to explore the science behind pattern hair loss. For these reasons, I don't consider myself a marketer. I consider myself a researcher -- who offers a book to help support my ongoing research.

I think the difference in our perspectives boils down to how we define "marketer". I associate most online marketers with sleaziness -- people who misrepresent information in order to guide an individual down a path of their own choosing. If you find any instance where you've felt I've misrepresented information -- please tell me. I'll be happy to fix it. Otherwise, I don't see the harm in writing a book based entirely on scientific studies to put my best foot forward in terms of what research suggests will work best for those suffering from hair loss -- and for those who are looking for alternative solutions to finasteride and minoxidil.

Now if we expand the definition of marketer to anyone who sells something, then it's impossible for me to escape that definition. But if we continue to follow that definition, and that pathway of criticism, the bar becomes set so low that it's impossible not to trip over.

For instance, if someone criticizes my book -- which is information based entirely on primary sources and academic research papers -- under the rationale that I am a "marketer" -- then by association, they would also have to criticize any supplement sold based on similar primary sources and academic studies (saw palmetto, ecklonia cava, CoQ10, vitamin D, the list goes on). Following that logic further, you'd also need to criticize the very owner of the Immortal Hair website -- CS. He allows you to express your views, while simultaneously selling supplements based on scientific basis -- with the intention to help fund his own research and to keep this forum running. At a certain point, this type of criticism becomes so circuitous that it's inescapable. Now I'm certainly not claiming that the methods inside the book will work for every single person, every single time. The reality is that the etiology of pattern hair loss is complex and multi-faceted, and so the resolution toward treatment will vary person-to-person. But my book is my best foot forward to express what worked for myself and other readers -- and all the science supporting the methods.

Moving forward, I'd prefer to move this conversation away from CS' site and to my own -- and for a few reasons: 1) this is CS' forum, not mine; 2) I don't like engaging in forums in general; and 3) if you have scientific criticisms of my work, I absolutely want my readers to see it -- and not all of them go to this site. But for this one post, I did feel it was necessary to at least provide my perspective here -- in hopes of us understanding each other.

If you want to follow up or challenge any of my research, you can always leave a comment in any of my articles with your primary sources or references for debate. I will take a look and respond. If you ever feel the need to contact me privately, you can email me (you can get my email address through the site). I've never ignored an email. And if you want access to aspects of my paid content without actually paying for it, you can read JD Moyer's blog posts and interpret the information however you see fit. Otherwise, I don't plan on responding to follow up questions here but am happy to answer questions directed on the site or in emails.

-Rob

rob PHH

View user profile https://perfecthairhealth.com/blog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top