Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search

What is the right percentage for mixing essential oils

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is the right percentage for mixing essential oils

Post  terminator1983 on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:57 am

I am using a daily overnight blend of 2% rosemary, 2% lavender and 1 drop of peppermint oil in 15ml of emu oil but from few days it seems like my hair loss is increased.

So i want to ask what is the right percentage for mixing essential oils should i reduce the percentage to total 2% like most of essential oil blending sites suggests.

Thanks

terminator1983

Posts : 12
Join date : 2017-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the right percentage for mixing essential oils

Post  cdto2012 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:11 am

Perhaps you are getting a shed before a regrow. I do not know about emu oil, but I have always recommended removing any thick oils after 2 hours with vodka and a towel. Any residue can restrict skin oxygen flow and cause blockages.

As for the concentration, for almost 2 years I daily apply 100% concentrated extracts to my hair and have never seen any shed. I mix and use hot oils like cinnamon and tea tree, never any problem.

The other thing that you could be seeing is a demodex mite die off. When they are killed by oils like tea tree or maybe suffocate by oils , they die in the pores and promote a bad bacteria situation. That might lead to a shed.

cdto2012

Posts : 599
Join date : 2015-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the right percentage for mixing essential oils

Post  terminator1983 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:51 am

Thanks for the reply.
I have stopped using oil because from past few days i am getting strange feelings on scalp do not know how to describe its like burning or needling on scalp.Should I continue using if its regrow shedding but i have started taking multivitamin to reduce hair fall.

How can i know if it's regrowth shedding or something else?

From what i have read about emu oil on different websites that it doesn't clog pores and penetrate deep well in the skin layers compared to other carrier oils.


cdto2012 wrote:Perhaps you are getting a shed before a regrow.  I do not know about emu oil,  but I have always recommended removing any thick oils after 2 hours with vodka and a towel. Any residue can restrict skin oxygen flow and cause blockages.

As for the concentration,  for almost 2 years I daily apply 100% concentrated extracts to my hair and have never seen any shed. I mix and use hot oils like cinnamon and tea tree,  never any problem.

The other thing that you could be seeing is a demodex mite die off.  When they are killed by oils like tea tree or maybe suffocate by oils ,  they die in the pores and promote a bad bacteria situation. That might lead to a shed.

terminator1983

Posts : 12
Join date : 2017-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the right percentage for mixing essential oils

Post  DevilHands on Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:01 am

Hi terminator, I am just adding topicals into my regime and I am shedding as well. I mean if I just apply the oils I can see lots of hairs in my hands. When I wash them in the morning, lots are falling out as well.

As of the moment I don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing.

DevilHands

Posts : 28
Join date : 2016-12-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the right percentage for mixing essential oils

Post  terminator1983 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:23 am

I too don't know if the fall good or i making myself to loose more.


DevilHands wrote:Hi terminator, I am just adding topicals into my regime and I am shedding as well. I mean if I just apply the oils I can see lots of hairs in my hands. When I wash them in the morning, lots are falling out as well.

As of the moment I don't know if its a good thing or a bad thing.

terminator1983

Posts : 12
Join date : 2017-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the right percentage for mixing essential oils

Post  cdto2012 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:33 pm

I am sorry to say that it seems that only time tells if it is a shed before regrow, or just treatment making it worse. Everybody is different, I never shed with concentrate oils.

cdto2012

Posts : 599
Join date : 2015-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the right percentage for mixing essential oils

Post  Sage 1 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:17 am

I donīt see the benefits of oils anymore, since they are refined or in another word processed.
During my early trials I used a large amount of different oils, and came to the conclusion that I needed the nutrients from the actual plant, and the best way was water and vodka.

The other downside with oils are the constant use of shampoo to get rid of it.
So in other words it cannot penetrate the scalp, and you have to wash it off from your hair anyway.

Sage 1

Posts : 420
Join date : 2015-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the right percentage for mixing essential oils

Post  terminator1983 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:27 am

ok but one thing that i have noticed that my hair looks healthier. Do you have any idea about essential oil mixing may the essential oils i am mixing doesn't blend well.


cdto2012 wrote:I am sorry to say that it seems that only time tells if it is a shed before regrow,  or just treatment making it worse.  Everybody is different,  I never shed with concentrate oils.

terminator1983

Posts : 12
Join date : 2017-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the right percentage for mixing essential oils

Post  terminator1983 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:30 am

Thanks Sage 1
What if i use a shampoo which claims of having natural ingredients are they safer to use daily.


Sage 1 wrote:I donīt see the benefits of oils anymore, since they are refined or in another word processed.
During my early trials I used a large amount of different oils, and came to the conclusion that I needed the nutrients from the actual plant, and the best way was water and vodka.

The other downside with oils are the constant use of shampoo to get rid of it.
So in other words it cannot penetrate the scalp, and you have to wash it off from your hair anyway.  

terminator1983

Posts : 12
Join date : 2017-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the right percentage for mixing essential oils

Post  Schitz Popinov on Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:45 am

Oils are complete waste, not to mention messy.

Schitz Popinov

Posts : 63
Join date : 2016-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the right percentage for mixing essential oils

Post  Sage 1 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:16 am

terminator1983 wrote:Thanks Sage 1
What if i use a shampoo which claims of having natural ingredients are they safer to use daily.


Sage 1 wrote:I donīt see the benefits of oils anymore, since they are refined or in another word processed.
During my early trials I used a large amount of different oils, and came to the conclusion that I needed the nutrients from the actual plant, and the best way was water and vodka.

The other downside with oils are the constant use of shampoo to get rid of it.
So in other words it cannot penetrate the scalp, and you have to wash it off from your hair anyway.  

Could be better, but I donīt shampoo my hair since I only crush some herbs into a small amount of water, and rub it into my hair.
It stays fresh for at least week without smelling.

The only thing you will ever know what you are using is by doing it by your own.
A post regarding why processed, minimized, pills, oils, shampoos docent work as they should is for no use, since people think itīs evolving.

Itīs a consumers market, and for some reason we donīt have the time anymore to do it by our own.
Our interactive possibilities that should give us more spare time actually does the opposite.

Sage 1

Posts : 420
Join date : 2015-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the right percentage for mixing essential oils

Post  Nanas Yesterday at 7:05 am

For me oils cause more shedding, its not best the idea to use them if the hair is already weakend.
If using essential oils, best is to dissolve them in alcohol than add emulsifier (i.e polysorbate 80) water and some glycerin for - little- oiliness.
glycerin is water solubale so it washes off easily in the shower.

and myabe not using oils and alcohol everyday as it may irritate the scalp.

anyway, im considering going full natural like sage1's approach.




Nanas

Posts : 255
Join date : 2010-10-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the right percentage for mixing essential oils

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum