Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search

What happened to this forum? It's dying!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What happened to this forum? It's dying!

Post  helpmyhair1 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:01 am

I remember a time a couple years ago when you could post a thread and there be replies within a few hours. Nowadays, you are lucky if your thread gets an answer. There doesn't seem to be many people left there. I wonder why that is. Either people figured out their hairloss, or found that the ideas on this forum didn't work so they moved on.

I would assume the later as the ideas on this forum didn't stop my MPB yet I am still here like a fool trying to find answers. Wish we could find a solution to this horrible disease.

helpmyhair1

Posts : 347
Join date : 2009-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What happened to this forum? It's dying!

Post  Team Zissou 76 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:06 am

My best guess is that people are like me... And have thrown in the towel on fighting their hair loss. My last hailmary I'm currently throwing up is dry skin brushing my body to get my lymphatic system moving. I've only been at it a week... So it's way too early to tell. I do feel more energized though after brushing... It's better than coffee!

Team Zissou 76

Posts : 6
Join date : 2013-01-24
Age : 41
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What happened to this forum? It's dying!

Post  CausticSymmetry on Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:51 am

I founded this particular forum around July of 2008. Hair has never been better. I focus mostly on other health conditions. After a while it becomes difficult to focus on hair--this is only my perspective.

Since I've spoke to thousands of people on this subject for several years, I believe there are a few different circumstances that happen.

(1) Some people give up, maybe tried their best, lost the fight

(2) Some have obtained gradual results or great results and have lost interest in participation.

(3) Some have had mixed results and continue to fight, always searching for something new.

I continue to focus on health always with hair in mind, because the fight never stops.

There's a rich level of information on this forum, sometimes not all of the good info is easy to find.


_________________
My regimen
http://www.immortalhair.org/mpb-regimen

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
avatar
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Posts : 11952
Join date : 2008-07-09

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: What happened to this forum? It's dying!

Post  Sage 1 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:52 am

A good forum for me is not about the amount of posts or members for that matter, its about the content.
Comparing to lets say artificial forums, they are still stuck with the same prostate, blood pressure pills from the 80s and the so called "doctors" to fill in some hairs supporting the forum. (and Im amazed by the juvenile postings there also)

So yeas big credit for CS and others for actually doing their own research instead, and not just ranting or waiting for future cures since hair loss is a treatment.
And of course this forum deals with other health related issues also.


Sage 1

Posts : 441
Join date : 2015-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What happened to this forum? It's dying!

Post  helpmyhair1 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:43 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:I founded this particular forum around July of 2008. Hair has never been better. I focus mostly on other health conditions. After a while it becomes difficult to focus on hair--this is only my perspective.

Since I've spoke to thousands of people on this subject for several years, I believe there are a few different circumstances that happen.

(1) Some people give up, maybe tried their best, lost the fight

(2) Some have obtained gradual results or great results and have lost interest in participation.

(3) Some have had mixed results and continue to fight, always searching for something new.

I continue to focus on health always with hair in mind, because the fight never stops.

There's a rich level of information on this forum, sometimes not all of the good info is easy to find.


CS, my hairloss is getting worse. I suspect one of my issues is my stomach. I often have stomach aches. I've cut out all gluten, starches, grains, etc which has helped alot but the stomach is still sensitive. I wonder if I have bacterial overgrowth. How would you suggest I fix my gut/stomach?

helpmyhair1

Posts : 347
Join date : 2009-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What happened to this forum? It's dying!

Post  Beebrox on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:00 pm

I second CS here.

The hair and slowing ageing - relevant content of this forum is still mostly up to date, with a costs of being not easy to find sometimes. As hair growth and reversal is optional for your biology of life, many origins of anti-ageing need to be meet and addressed... High stress, infection, toxicity, etc all of them can make grow hair really difficult.

@helpmyhair1
healthy digestion is one of the topics to focus for sure.
With a ton of speculation stomach solutions as:
- hiatal hernia (requires chiropractic adjustment)
- Helicobacter pylory overgrowth (requires addressment through antimicrobals/sulfuraphane)
- low stomach acid requires boosting enzymes ( iodine, zinc, salt, ....).

If digestion is corrupt due low acid, taking supplementing something like betaine HCL will help a lot.

Beebrox

Posts : 1123
Join date : 2011-11-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What happened to this forum? It's dying!

Post  CausticSymmetry on Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:45 am

helpmyhair1 - Of one of the most common reasons for refractory treatment for hair loss is digestion issues.

Conditions such as SIBO for example require a lot of diligence and time.

_________________
My regimen
http://www.immortalhair.org/mpb-regimen

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
avatar
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Posts : 11952
Join date : 2008-07-09

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: What happened to this forum? It's dying!

Post  helpmyhair1 on Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:14 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:helpmyhair1 - Of one of the most common reasons for refractory treatment for hair loss is digestion issues.

Conditions such as SIBO for example require a lot of diligence and time.

CS, would you be willing to show updated photos of your hair? It would help get this forum going again. Its just that no one has really posted any results (pics) of success with your regimen.

helpmyhair1

Posts : 347
Join date : 2009-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What happened to this forum? It's dying!

Post  Sage 1 on Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:31 am

helpmyhair1 wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:helpmyhair1 - Of one of the most common reasons for refractory treatment for hair loss is digestion issues.

Conditions such as SIBO for example require a lot of diligence and time.

CS, would you be willing to show updated photos of your hair? It would help get this forum going again. Its just that no one has really posted any results (pics) of success with your regimen.

No offence, but you are still stuck with "this forum is dying", and probably you ignored the posts.
And posting pics docent help at all since it only raises more questions, and therefore you have to do your own conclusion by the information shared.

Sage 1

Posts : 441
Join date : 2015-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What happened to this forum? It's dying!

Post  Grateful on Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:57 pm

I have been visiting this site since it first started and still do check on it regularly. I have posted tons of questions and have always appreciated the advice I was given by various members. However, my biggest appreciation and thanks goes to CS himself. This guy never failed to offer first class answers and solutions to just about any query I had about hair or other health related issues. He's certainly helped me and friends of mine who I always refer to this site. The work and effort CS has put in to provide all of us with information and advice is priceless. I have learned so much here that my hair and health has improved immensely over the years I've been visiting here. Not only have I attacked my hair issues successfully with the information I have received from this site but I have increased my knowledge on various aspects of health ranging from protecting your arteries to eliminating gallstones.
Helpmyhair1, on the subject of gallstones, it may be a good idea to see if you may have them. They're often the cause of stomach pain and digestive issues. I remember years ago asking CS for advice about gallstones for a friend who had them and then finding out I had them myself as well. His advice definitely helped us. In particular he mentioned a herb called Chanca Piedra which helps in dissolving them. I still drink it as a tea regularly. Additionally, I do regular coffee enemas and liver flushes and seven years later no problems - and I still have my gallbladder.
Of course I also visit other alternative health sites but it was this site that put me on the road to holistic health and as I said before, my overall health and hair has never been better.
So keep up the good work CS - we've got a lot to be grateful for that a site like this exists. oh and if you ever decide to start broadcasting podcasts I'll be listening. Thanks heaps.

Grateful

Posts : 158
Join date : 2008-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What happened to this forum? It's dying!

Post  helpmyhair1 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:07 am

Grateful wrote:I have been visiting this site since it first started and still do check on it regularly. I have posted tons of questions and have always appreciated the advice I was given by various members. However, my biggest appreciation and thanks goes to CS himself. This guy never failed to offer first class answers and solutions to just about any query I had about hair or other health related issues. He's certainly helped me and friends of mine who I always refer to this site. The work and effort CS has put in to provide all of us with information and advice is priceless. I have learned so much here that my hair and health has improved immensely over the years I've been visiting here. Not only have I attacked my hair issues successfully with the information I have received from this site but I have increased my knowledge on various aspects of health ranging from protecting your arteries to eliminating gallstones.
Helpmyhair1, on the subject of gallstones, it may be a good idea to see if you may have them. They're often the cause of stomach pain and digestive issues. I remember years ago asking CS for advice about gallstones for a friend who had them and then finding out I had them myself as well. His advice definitely helped us. In particular he mentioned a herb called Chanca Piedra which helps in dissolving them. I still drink it as a tea regularly. Additionally, I do regular coffee enemas and liver flushes and seven years later no problems - and I still have my gallbladder.
Of course I also visit other alternative health sites but it was this site that put me on the road to holistic health and as I said before, my overall health and hair has never been better.
So keep up the good work CS - we've got a lot to be grateful for that a site like this exists. oh and if you ever decide to start broadcasting podcasts I'll be listening. Thanks heaps.

How did you find out you had gallstones?

What has been your MPB regimen? Curious what worked for you.

helpmyhair1

Posts : 347
Join date : 2009-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What happened to this forum? It's dying!

Post  Grateful on Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:55 pm

helpmyhair1

I had an ultrasound done after experiencing some stomach and digestive issues and thats when the gallstones were detected. The option given by the doctor was to have my gallbladder removed. Obviously I didnt want to go down the path of surgery so I did some research including from this site and see what I could do naturally. I used and still use the tea and herb Chanca piedra that was suggested by CS as well as doing a series of liver flushes made famous by Hulda Clarke. I did and still do coffee enemas and take a variety of supplements that are helpful for the liver, gallbladder and digestion. Some examples are Milk Thistle, Dandelion, and Schizandra for the liver and Mastic Gum and Carno-soothe for the stomach from Life Extension. So to cut a long story short I alleviated my gallstone problem through natural means rather than resorting to the knife.

In regard to my hair, I basically use the supplements recommended by CS and they have certainly helped. However, its most important to follow. a healthy and holistic lifestyle. This means taking the appropriate supplements, exercising, cleansing, de-stressing and of course finding the perfect diet. In my case, I try to follow the Japanese example with lots of cooked vegetables, seafood, a little meat and stuff like natto and seaweed etc. When I lived in Japan, I was always amazed how good the skin and hair of the Japanese always looked. So I figured they must be doing something right. My life basically revolves around healthy living - not to the point where it has become an obsession but where it is incorporated into my daily schedule which helps me feel good and look good. And of course, commitment is vital. One you embark on healthy living you have to stick to it for ever. being patient reaps immense reward. and thats what I basically do. I feel good and my hair issues are much better. If I didn't live this way I'm sure I would have had a horseshoe scalp by now. As they say, where there's a will, there's a way - right?

Grateful

Posts : 158
Join date : 2008-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What happened to this forum? It's dying!

Post  john3333 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:16 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:I founded this particular forum around July of 2008. Hair has never been better. I focus mostly on other health conditions. After a while it becomes difficult to focus on hair--this is only my perspective.

Since I've spoke to thousands of people on this subject for several years, I believe there are a few different circumstances that happen.

(1) Some people give up, maybe tried their best, lost the fight

(2) Some have obtained gradual results or great results and have lost interest in participation.

(3) Some have had mixed results and continue to fight, always searching for something new.

I continue to focus on health always with hair in mind, because the fight never stops.

There's a rich level of information on this forum, sometimes not all of the good info is easy to find.

I don't post as much on here as I used to because I've realized that fighting hairloss is actually fighting yourself. I think that the cure for hairloss is sleeping. It feels like an uphill battle to go to sleep early sometimes, but I've been getting better at it. It is tough and I just give in sometimes and forget about my hair. I stop caring about the consequences. I stop caring about my health. I stop caring about my hair. But I need to stop that. I need to care. I need to pause for a moment and realize that I can fight this. That this is not impossible. It is not an uphill battle. It can be beaten. It can be. It's tough, but not impossible. It's very possible.
It's important to motivate yourself always and to never lose hope in the battle. I may start posting again to motivate others to sleep earlier. Just writing this makes this problem seem tiny and easy to overcome.
avatar
john3333

Posts : 211
Join date : 2016-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

It's the social media

Post  hairstylelondon on Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:53 am

Social media groups are killing forums like these and it's a shame.... hope this does not happen here though.

hairstylelondon

Posts : 2
Join date : 2017-08-09
Age : 32
Location : London, UK

View user profile http://www.mobilelondonhairshine.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: What happened to this forum? It's dying!

Post  CausticSymmetry on Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:57 am

With posts like these, it's always a good opportunity to pause and reflect, especially on some of the posts on this thread.

I've found at least two studies in the medical literature on possible connections between gallstones and hair loss. On that note though, there a literally hundreds of potential connections to health and hair. What makes the journey difficult for many is that it forces us to become our own doctor.

In this day and age, that is really a necessity if we do not want to fall prey to the medical industrial complex (a killing machine for profit).

Using just myself and an example, it took me well over a decade to figure out the solution for myself. It's only easy for me now, because I invested the time, money and energy and focus into the problem.

Also, it does seem that social media have gained a lot of attention and more it seems than ever, people find themselves looking for immediate, answers when their hair loss problem requires a very personal, specific and holistic approach.

Regarding photos. Every year there are on questions like these. Hundreds of people on this forum at one time or another have seen me on Skype.

Regarding podcasts, I made about 7 of them along with two members of this forum.

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/longevitypost/episodes/2015-01-25T12_29_32-08_00

_________________
My regimen
http://www.immortalhair.org/mpb-regimen

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
avatar
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Posts : 11952
Join date : 2008-07-09

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: What happened to this forum? It's dying!

Post  helpmyhair1 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:41 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:With posts like these, it's always a good opportunity to pause and reflect, especially on some of the posts on this thread.

I've found at least two studies in the medical literature on possible connections between gallstones and hair loss. On that note though, there a literally hundreds of potential connections to health and hair. What makes the journey difficult for many is that it forces us to become our own doctor.

In this day and age, that is really a necessity if we do not want to fall prey to the medical industrial complex (a killing machine for profit).

Using just myself and an example, it took me well over a decade to figure out the solution for myself. It's only easy for me now, because I invested the time, money and energy and focus into the problem.

Also, it does seem that social media have gained a lot of attention and more it seems than ever, people find themselves looking for immediate, answers when their hair loss problem requires a very personal, specific and holistic approach.

Regarding photos. Every year there are on questions like these. Hundreds of people on this forum at one time or another have seen me on Skype.

Regarding podcasts, I made about 7 of them along with two members of this forum.

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/longevitypost/episodes/2015-01-25T12_29_32-08_00

I have been trying for 7 years and at times I have slowed hairloss, but never fully stopped it. Now its accelerated big time again and I don't know why. I have been doctoring myself, though if my stomach issues are gallstones or something else, wouldn't I need a doctor to determine that (i.e. through ultrasound)?

helpmyhair1

Posts : 347
Join date : 2009-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What happened to this forum? It's dying!

Post  CausticSymmetry on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:47 am

Today's "modern medicine" is symptom based treatment (suppress what ails you) and ignore the cause, so unfortunately, most mainstream physicians will not be too much help.

_________________
My regimen
http://www.immortalhair.org/mpb-regimen

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
avatar
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Posts : 11952
Join date : 2008-07-09

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: What happened to this forum? It's dying!

Post  helpmyhair1 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:48 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Today's "modern medicine" is symptom based treatment (suppress what ails you) and ignore the cause, so unfortunately, most mainstream physicians will not be too much help.

So in this scenario of having stomach issues, should i try to treat both bacterial overgrowth and gallstones just to rule everything out?

helpmyhair1

Posts : 347
Join date : 2009-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What happened to this forum? It's dying!

Post  blueman99 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:15 pm

I have returned after a long absence , I can help bring it back to life Smile
avatar
blueman99

Posts : 117
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Portland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What happened to this forum? It's dying!

Post  john3333 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:05 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Today's "modern medicine" is symptom based treatment (suppress what ails you) and ignore the cause, so unfortunately, most mainstream physicians will not be too much help.
For me, I think that the source of our symptoms is the mind.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22714757
There seems to be a correlation between depression and hairloss. Hairloss has always been said to be caused by stress, and the science is beginning to accept that.

For me, a lot of things to combat my health problems have not worked.

Psychiatrists don't try holistic approaches to health care. You can read more about this in this thread:
http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t8694-mind-body-connection
I'm not sure if we'll ever be able to live normal lives, but we need to give it our all. Reversing hairloss and being happy is my dream, and I know some statisticians would say that it's nearly impossible. But someone who says that has never had a dream. Dreamers give it their all to realize it, and if they fail in the end they would not regret it. If they could have a redo, they would do it again and try even harder. I don't care if failing to realize my dream makes me sad. Truthfully, I'm already sad. I need to try to be happy the best way I can. It'll be worth it because along the road I know I've changed some lives and helped people.
avatar
john3333

Posts : 211
Join date : 2016-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What happened to this forum? It's dying!

Post  john3333 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:29 pm

If anybody is interested in reading an in-depth post on the mind-body connection, you can ready my post here: http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t12120-shedding-after-drinking-please-help
I think that these hairloss forums can be harmful to our hair and mental health, if we don't understand the basics.
Important Wikipedia links for anybody studying hair:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_dysmorphic_disorder
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychogenic_disease
An important case of mass mind-body illness: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Roy,_New_York#2011_illness_outbreak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-Sg0EM8fFM
We usually focus on the physical, but forget the mental aspect of hairgrowth.
Sometimes we delude ourselves into thinking there is a problem, when there isn't, and it's creating unnecessary stress.

avatar
john3333

Posts : 211
Join date : 2016-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What happened to this forum? It's dying!

Post  shukov on Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:35 pm

I used to look in here quite often but stopped due to real life stuff. Plus at the time it felt like the number of useful posts was being drowned by arguments and other stuff. I am interested in the other health issues and they're usually all connected anyway. But there's still value in the HL focus - where is the natural hair regrowth talk if not here?

I'm sure CS's hair is fine, I don't see what further pics add. We know he sorted it many years ago. Besides he's only one case, his personal solution won't apply to everyone.

Agree more with the point about finding info and I think info overload is also a problem. 9 years of posts to look through is a hell of a lot. "Being your own doctor" is also just difficult, especially since hair growth is such a slow process you get very little feedback on which to judge your efforts.

shukov

Posts : 1
Join date : 2017-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What happened to this forum? It's dying!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum