Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search

Here's what helped me guys

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Here's what helped me guys

Post  blueman99 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:24 pm

I haven't been on the forum for awhile, First off I didn't really have terrible hairloss, but bad temples and some thinning. My problem at least stabilized and small regrowth. I don't have any good pictures to indicate.

Here's what helped in my opinoin:

1) Fasting, Water and dry fasts, sometimes up to 7 days to repair body, vessels, your body, clears toxins.

2) Agressive brushing. Some of you may know the ferox method that was posted here. Basically every day I would use a hard plastic comb and brush/ comb my scalp (not hair) until it was irritated and pretty painful. I think this breaks up fibrosis calcification and stimulates new bloodvessels. i would usually do it 10-20 minutes a day. concentrated on the thinning/ bald spots

3)paleo diet: Lots of fish/ raw beef/ fruits / vegetables. NO grains, vegetable oils, processed foods

4) lots of sunlight exposure, for vitamin d
avatar
blueman99

Posts : 117
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : Portland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's what helped me guys

Post  helpmyhair1 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:45 am

I used to do the ferox method, but replaced it with DT. Maybe I'll add it back in.

Instead of paleo, I do more of a peat diet.. though plenty of similarities.

Agree with sunlight. Red light can be good too when the sun isn't available.

I agree that the body needs to repair and clear toxins, however fasting seems like it would put the body in a stressful state from being hungry and not getting nutrients. So that could be bad for hairloss.

helpmyhair1

Posts : 334
Join date : 2009-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's what helped me guys

Post  Sage 1 on Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:29 am

blueman99 wrote:I haven't been on the forum for awhile, First off I didn't really have terrible hairloss, but bad temples and some thinning.  My problem at least stabilized and small regrowth.  I don't have any good pictures to indicate.

Here's what helped in my opinoin:

1) Fasting, Water and dry fasts, sometimes up to 7 days to repair body, vessels, your body, clears toxins.

2) Agressive brushing.  Some of you may know the ferox method that was posted here.  Basically every day I would use a hard plastic comb and brush/ comb my scalp (not hair) until it was irritated and pretty painful.  I think this breaks up fibrosis calcification and stimulates new bloodvessels.  i would usually do it 10-20 minutes a day. concentrated on the thinning/ bald spots

3)paleo diet: Lots of fish/ raw beef/ fruits / vegetables.  NO grains, vegetable oils, processed foods

4) lots of sunlight exposure, for vitamin d

Lots of fish (pond fish by the way, fed with pellets) = you get more nutritious oils from seeds.
Whole grains are good if they are not processed.
Vegetable oils are refined.
In conclusion Paleo diet is just rubbish, and just another marketing scam.

Sage 1

Posts : 437
Join date : 2015-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

This is getting tiring.

Post  tooyoungforthis on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:48 am

The only thing you did which was absolutely SPOT ON was the fasting. by fasting you moved lymph and your body started regenerating. the beef and fish is just making you backtrack. i assure you. keep up your paleo lifestyle and even with fasting the lymph system will eventually re-atrophy and you will lose your hair again.

It's really simple guys you need to be in a near constant state of "fasting-like" phase which is by eating 100% raw food and 90% if not 100% fruit. if you think the body requires all the nutrition youve been forced fed since childhood, then research.

Fruitarianism and raw veggies.

tooyoungforthis

Posts : 56
Join date : 2014-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's what helped me guys

Post  bh1546 on Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:56 am

I agree with most of what everyone has said here but fasting is really hard when your already thin. I went on a fast diet and my sebum was next to nothing during it but I looked almost anemic. I felt great but looked sick.

Grains, processed sugars, and hydrogenated oils are definitely part of the problem. Right now I am trying to keep grains to a minimum and stay away from diary/fried/preserved food for the most part. I make sure to eat at least 5 meals a day with fruit as snacks and not to over eat at one time. This a long with only eating meat once per day(preferably chicken) seems to be the right balance for me.

You should also throw in scalp massaging with hard pressure like kneading. This has been described here by using a plastic medicine bottle. It helps break up calcification and push out sebum.

Also, I am not sure if this is true but ive heard that many grains are sprayed with chemicals when stored so that they don't get insects. Otherwise, they could only store them for a month. I have heard this is also true with corn. Does anyone have any experience with this?

bh1546

Posts : 131
Join date : 2011-04-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's what helped me guys

Post  johndoe1225 on Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:13 am

Sage 1 wrote:
blueman99 wrote:I haven't been on the forum for awhile, First off I didn't really have terrible hairloss, but bad temples and some thinning.  My problem at least stabilized and small regrowth.  I don't have any good pictures to indicate.

Here's what helped in my opinoin:

1) Fasting, Water and dry fasts, sometimes up to 7 days to repair body, vessels, your body, clears toxins.

2) Agressive brushing.  Some of you may know the ferox method that was posted here.  Basically every day I would use a hard plastic comb and brush/ comb my scalp (not hair) until it was irritated and pretty painful.  I think this breaks up fibrosis calcification and stimulates new bloodvessels.  i would usually do it 10-20 minutes a day. concentrated on the thinning/ bald spots

3)paleo diet: Lots of fish/ raw beef/ fruits / vegetables.  NO grains, vegetable oils, processed foods

4) lots of sunlight exposure, for vitamin d

Lots of fish (pond fish by the way, fed with pellets) = you get more nutritious oils from seeds.
Whole grains are good if they are not processed.
Vegetable oils are refined.
In conclusion Paleo diet is just rubbish, and just another marketing scam.

He said NO vegetable oils.

Good work OP, can you tell us more or less what type of hair loss you had?  Was it MPB pattern, areata, etc.? From "bad temples" I guess it was MPB?

johndoe1225

Posts : 978
Join date : 2015-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's what helped me guys

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:18 pm

^ EDIT (My post is too old):  OP can you please go into a bit more detail about your brushing method?  I'm using a boar bristle brush instead of a comb and brush my scalp pretty hard (I make sure my hair is detangled first though so I don't yank it out). After that I place the brush on my scalp and press it down while stationary, it really stings.

johndoe1225

Posts : 978
Join date : 2015-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's what helped me guys

Post  MovieJunkie89 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:09 am

tooyoungforthis wrote:The only thing you did which was absolutely SPOT ON was the fasting. by fasting you moved lymph and your body started regenerating. the beef and fish is just making you backtrack. i assure you. keep up your paleo lifestyle and even with fasting the lymph system will eventually re-atrophy and you will lose your hair again.

It's really simple guys you need to be in a near constant state of "fasting-like" phase which is by eating 100% raw food and 90% if not 100% fruit. if you think the body requires all the nutrition youve been forced fed since childhood, then research.

Fruitarianism and raw veggies.

Eating 100% raw food does not destroy scalp fibrosis and calcification. If you have significant MPB related hair loss you most likely have a great deal of fibrosis/calcification, if these factors are not addressed you will NOT be able to grow your hair back. And it's really that simple. Fasting and eating Raw foods have several benefits but they don't fix the aforementioned factors.

Brushing helps with fibrosis to a degree, massage helps with calcification to a degree. Taurine, Serrapeptase, Organic Sulfur (Recommended by CS) etc are all good for Fibrosis. CS' Decalcify Supplement, Magnesium Oil (Used in Massage) and Nutribiotic's GrapeFruit Seed Extract (Used in Massage) also help to deal with Calcification.

The OP's method of Brushing for 10-20 minutes a day is a simple enough method of stimulating your scalp and breaking up Fibrosis, but obviously won't be enough for everyone. Others will have to add some supplements/use DT Massage. Fibrosis/Calcification is one of the most important factors in MPB and cannot be ignored. Just my 2 cents.

MovieJunkie89

Posts : 212
Join date : 2015-02-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's what helped me guys

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:17 am

^ Also, Taurine is dirt cheap, there's like no reason NOT to use it, and there's very few if any side effects.  It also has a lot of other interesting benefits not even counting fibrosis.

Oh and not to sound pushy, but OP can you please describe your brushing method?  Very Happy Do you just brush it, but press hard so you actually brush the scalp mostly, not really the hair?

johndoe1225

Posts : 978
Join date : 2015-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's what helped me guys

Post  Hairbeback on Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:41 pm

What food and supplements can you eat to break up Fibrosis and Calcification?

Hairbeback

Posts : 747
Join date : 2009-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's what helped me guys

Post  MovieJunkie89 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:59 pm

Hairbeback wrote:What food and supplements can you eat to break up Fibrosis and Calcification?
"The combination of Taurine/Green Tea Extract/Grape Seed Extract, as an oral hair loss treatment halts any further progression of fibrosis, and largely resolves existing fibrosis."
http://www.hairloss-research.org/UpdateSkinBiology3-13.html

MovieJunkie89

Posts : 212
Join date : 2015-02-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's what helped me guys

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum