FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Dear CS: Topical Chlorella, inhibiting VGF = Bad?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dear CS: Topical Chlorella, inhibiting VGF = Bad?

Post  johndoe1225 on Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:40 am

Hey CS and all!

I have a question mainly for CS: I'm using chlorella powder (actually granules, but I smash them with a spoon until it's a powder), mix in a few teaspoons of distilled water and mix it until it forms either a paste or a really light watery solution, then I apply it to my scalp. Chlorella is supposed to be really good for your facial skin, even improving collagen levels, but one thing they mentioned concerns me; it said something like chlorella inhibits vascular endothelial growth factor, inhibiting the formation of new blood vessels, or something like that. Chlorella contains chlorella growth factor which is supposedly one of the reasons it's so good.

So does this mean that chlorella (topically, not orally, I know orally it's great) would actually be BAD for hair?

Thanks Very Happy

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear CS: Topical Chlorella, inhibiting VGF = Bad?

Post  CausticSymmetry on Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:16 pm

johndoe1225 wrote:Hey CS and all!

I have a question mainly for CS:  I'm using chlorella powder (actually granules, but I smash them with a spoon until it's a powder), mix in a few teaspoons of distilled water and mix it until it forms either a paste or a really light watery solution, then I apply it to my scalp.  Chlorella is supposed to be really good for your facial skin, even improving collagen levels, but one thing they mentioned concerns me; it said something like chlorella inhibits vascular endothelial growth factor, inhibiting the formation of new blood vessels, or something like that.  Chlorella contains chlorella growth factor which is supposedly one of the reasons it's so good.

So does this mean that chlorella (topically, not orally, I know orally it's great) would actually be BAD for hair?

Thanks Very Happy

Generally when "X" botanical or food inhibits VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor), it is indicative of an anti-neoplastic quality (Anti-cancer).

All this really means is that tumor growth will be inhibited. There are a number of botanicals that inhibit VEGF, however than no adverse to the vascular system at all (usually just the opposite).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:15 am

Ah ok, they did mention anti-cancer benefits on many occasions, thanks!

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top