FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

DT Guys, when you wake up how tight/hard is your scalp?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DT Guys, when you wake up how tight/hard is your scalp?

Post  Tightscalp on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:53 am

Like this poster my scalp is rock hard when I wake up. However, several posters agree that their scalps are loosest after waking up, but I am skeptical about whether non-DTers can really gauge how tight their scalp is.

I've found that running after doing the scalp exercise really loosens up my scalp and my scalp will stay loose until I go to sleep (If I'm not stressed). It would be great if we could determine whether some DTers wake up with loose, and thus oxygenated, scalps. I could then hypothesize and experiment with the confidence that waking up with a loose scalp is actually achievable.

Tightscalp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DT Guys, when you wake up how tight/hard is your scalp?

Post  drex1999 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:52 pm

Hey dude. I came back to this forum because I found a little something, wanted to share it and this post looks like a good place to do so.

I am always looking to get even better results than I have. I thought back to a few studies that found relaxing the muscles holding the galea with botox resulted in I think 15% regrowth. I wondered how I could relax those muscles without botox.

Massaging those muscles is nothing new. I looked into ways and read up on how to resolve tension headaches by relaxing those same muscles. Some talked about not massaging so much as stretching them. So I did something you can try too....I stood in front of the mirror and pushed up on the middle of my forehead over my eyebrows. What you will see is that your scalp turns red with blood, even though you aren't touching it, just releasing the tension pressure on it.

So I did this a few times a day over 2-3 months so far. All along the middle of my forehead pushing up towards the hairline. Over my temples, pushing up. Over my ears pushing up. I can't push in the back, so I massage just below the back of my skull. It's a thin ribbon of muscle there.

I didn't really notice a difference the first month or longer on my forehead. I didn't know there would be a difference. I just knew I was getting flow to my scalp and that is why I was doing it. But, after over a month in, pushing on my forehead became different. Now when I push on it, it is not hard tissue. My fingers sink into the flesh a bit and as my fingers slide up a bit on the upwards push, they actually now sink in and push through that muscle a bit instead of over top. And guess what? After maybe not quite 3 months, my hair looks better. Noticeably better. I have no way to tell how many hairs grew. I just have appearance. Enough appearance to know I have something with this. I have evidence by touch that doing this has relaxed the muscles because they are still jelly the next time I do the exercise. You just have to do it to understand. In reality, the skin/muscle combo on your forehead is only 1/8 inch thick. After a month, you will push into and through that 1/8 inch. It is a noticeable change for sure.

So, push up and hold a few seconds. Release, move on around your scalp doing this. Hell, do a few rounds, it takes less than 5 minutes. If you believe blood flow helps, this is a no brainer. Refer back to botox experiments.

Note, this takes strong fingers and neck muscles. You have to hold your neck tight, but also relax. Slouching on your couch to support your head against the pushing pressure is something I did in the beginning. I also noticed, in the first few weeks that the muscles between your ears and temples is attached to your jaw. In stretching these muscles upward, it seemed every second day I slightly pulled my jaw muscle. This problem stopped occurring after a few weeks after I must have stretched that muscle enough that it became receptive to my regime.

Good luck!

drex1999

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tightscalp on Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:21 pm

Thanks! I can lift up the scalp quite effectively pushing around my ears and I feel a good tingling sensation in my scalp after.

Don't know if I agree with your theory though. I believe that the galea muscles have atrophied and thus are not attracting enough blood to the galea causing it to become hard (one of many factors).

Tightscalp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  long hair on Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:59 pm

drex happy to see you back here ,you are an old DT " Decepticon " Very Happy , how is your hair doing now?
as for scalp it will normally going to be loose after doing hard massage for months this will help circulation but if you are late mbp the tissue of the scalp is still hard so the blood will reach the scalp when it loose but it is hard to circulate in there ,when keep with DT every day this tissue is going less hard day by day and my hair growing slowly with this effort but there is no way to stop this because i see my hair growing .

if your scalp is tight when you wake up that because you stressed while you sleep your jaw muscles are contracted subconsciously without your control pulling your galea down.

CD are you still here ? how s your hair doing?
long hair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tightscalp on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:37 am

Solved! I sleep on my back and I realised, when I put my head on the pillow, the skin on he back of my head was being pulled down in turn pulling the galea tight. I could hardly move my galea back and forward with my head on the pillow. To correct this, without a pillow, I pull my galea forward as I rest my head on the bed. Now, after I rest my head, My galea can be moved back and forward quite a bit and, when I wake up after sleeping like this, my scalp is much looser.

Thanks for you comments, they helped a lot.

Tightscalp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:04 am

Hi guys,
Things are going really well for me, I will post pictures soon. My new hairs are really thickening well and I do not think about hairloss so often these days, what I am doing works, just 10X slower than I wish. Going on 2 years in October, I am sure about the progress, and believe one of the most senior posters, the natural processes take 3 years for some.

These days my calcification is gone, scalp relaxed and healthy. I like Drex's idea for circulation, as it is fast and painless. Just heard of it today. I have been focusing on my wire dog brush and the green tea, seaweed, ascorbic acid, and wasabi extract. Many less intrusive processes are available after the calcification is gone and the scalp healthy. Still nothing reddens my scalp with blood circulation as well as the PVC pressing, but I want some good alternatives to this for the long run. The wire brush still hurts, but only for the few minutes of brushing. Anyhow it is all talk until I post update pics, so will try to get those up soon. Glad to see the teamwork continue with results and dedication.

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:07 am

^ Looking forward to the pictures!

I am DT'ing again after taking a break. I'm thinking about using a vitamin C (ascorbic acid) hairspray that I make myself with AA powder and distilled water, then spraying it on (I know it oxidizes so I'll probably make just a little bit, store it in the fridge, and use it for a week).

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:04 pm

I'm back on DT too, though I don't know how you all do it these days. I'm still utilizing the pinching method that a lot of guys were doing early on in the thread. I found my old bian stones and have been using them as an ergonomic way of pinching the scalp harder than I could my hands, and without having my nails dig into my skin and such. I'm hoping I can gain some ground even if its just increased thickness of the hair.

I don't know how much scalp tightness has to do with it vs the manual stimulation of increased blood flow and slight irritation of the skin causing further blood flow. So I can't answer the question I don't check my scalp tightness too often, but it has of course become looser and one of the good things is even though I've stopped DT for over a year now, my scalp never returned to as tight as it once was so if you're someone who does believe in scalp looseness/calcification theory, then the gains you make aren't completely gone if you've been taking a break.
SonofOdin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:15 am

Been back on DT for a couple months now. Used to be one of the original volunteers.

One thing I'm noticing is that after about 8 - 10 hours from DT'ing, my scalp re-hardens, or rather re-calcifies By this I mean that when I wake up in the morning my scalp is hard and I have to re-breakup the tissue. Then by night time, its hard again and I have to break it up all over again. So the twice a day routine is definitely neccessary, at least for me.

I'm wondering how I can prevent the re-calcifing from happening. Been taking vitamin k2 and magnesium, yet I'm still getting daily hardening of the scalp. Anyone know how to prevent the scalp from getting hard again? In my case, its not the pillow.

Also been doing an apple cider vinegar rinse and leaving on all night. Sometimes it feels like my scalp/head shrinks when I do this.. like the top of my hair shrinks.. yet its hard as if there is still calcification. No idea whats going on, but I can say the ACV rinse almost immediately takes care of scalp inflammation.

helpmyhair1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  long hair on Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:35 pm

helpmyhair..yes till now this is our biggest problem .. you can melt the calcification but it find no where to go so it hardening again after few hours .lymph drainers are blocked so it is better to massage also the lymph lines and muscles at at the sides of your head.
long hair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blahblahblah on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:51 am

When drinking coffee, it's as hard as a rock and won't move.

When off caffeine? Supple. Can do anything to the scalp that I want. Pinch it. Roll it in my fingers. Almost like the skin on top of your hands.

When I'm on caffeine, my scalp is basically an immobile rock. The skin seems attached to the skull and will not move.

Not to mention, my scalp itches like hell when I'm on coffee. It is hard for me to quit tho. I am on day 8 now.

blahblahblah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:27 am

One thing I'm noticing with DT, which I didn't notice when I used to do it a couple years ago, is that when I massage around my temples, there is this clicking sound. Its feels like a hardened vein or something. I massage it a bunch and it kind of stops clicking.. but always there whenever I restart DT. Anyone else experience this/know how to fix?

helpmyhair1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:39 am

blahblahblah wrote:It is hard for me to quit tho. I am on day 8 now.

Me too.  I switched to tea because it has less caffeine than coffee (at least the coffee I use), and is probably healthier overall. Decaf is another option but the decaf process probably eliminates some of the health benefits too.

Also, I heard if you steep tea bags for a long time, the caffeine content actually gets reduced as opposed to steeping it for a few minutes and then removing the bags. I still would love a straight answer about that, because that's how I use my tea, drop the bags in and let it cool without taking them out.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  long hair Yesterday at 2:29 am

sugar and coffee are bad for hair ....
every one did DT hear this clicking sound ..it seems like small bone forms from calcification inside the scalp but what ever it just my crazy thought Rolling Eyes
long hair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top