Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Lost 50% Density in 1 Year

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lost 50% Density in 1 Year

Post  helpmyhair1 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:36 am

For years, I've been on this forum and maintaining my hair well with some of the IH supps, a probiotic, etc. Then when I moved to a new place this time last year, all hell broke less. Started that time with a stomach infection, and since then I've lost about 50% density of my hair.

This is extremely devastating as over the years, hairloss has been pretty slow. But now, I can see my hair changing by the week. I got my haircut today and my stylist commented that the hair itself is thinner than before.

I'm honestly going crazy and becoming extremely depressed over this. Excessive loss is so hard to deal with. I don't see how this could be caused by moving to a new place, as my last place was older and carpeted and must've had mold issues. That said, that apartment was on the 17th floor. Now I live on the 30th floor of a new building.. could the higher elevation have something to do with it.

Over the year, I tried different things from diets to danny roddy/ray peat regimen. But nothing is working. I've re-incorporated DT and iodine... and while my scalp inflammation has lessened, my hairloss hasn't stopped. Its going at lightning speed.. and I'm so scared. Wish I could just go back to it losing at a snail's pace.. but i don't know what to do. My hairline is receding and I'm thinning on top.. also my back and sides are getting thinner. Need help Sad

helpmyhair1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lost 50% Density in 1 Year

Post  CF on Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:35 am

Sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing.  I read in an earlier post you were having some issues related to your gut.  If you'd like I can mail you out a bottle of my friend's probiotic free of charge and maybe it will help some?

Hit me up via PM for details on the supplement and we can go from there if you're interested.

CF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 on Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:12 am

CF wrote:Sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing.  I read in an earlier post you were having some issues related to your gut.  If you'd like I can mail you out a bottle of my friend's probiotic free of charge and maybe it will help some?

Hit me up via PM for details on the supplement and we can go from there if you're interested.

Are you sure probiotics are the way to go? I suspect that SIBO and Leaky Gut are issues I'm dealing with. I hear with SIBO, its not a good idea to take probiotics until you've killed off the bad bacteria.

helpmyhair1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CF on Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:02 am

Sorry, I don't know.

CF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical on Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:49 pm

There have been several periods when my hair became visibly thinner, usually following several weeks or months of poor diet and/or prolonged stress. And this was after having had significant success in stopping and reversing hair loss.

Whenever I have observed visible thinning, I have resorted to using topical treatments. Onion juice and amla juice have been pretty effective for me. To some extent, topicals have always seemed like "cheating". It means your internal regimen (diet and supplements) are not working well enough. It is a band-aid approach because you are applying whatever therapeutic substances directly to the scalp and achieving high concentrations, when ideally your diet and lifestyle should be enough to prevent and counteract hair loss. If you're in an optimal state of health, topicals should not be necessary.

Stress can cause diffuse thinning, particularly in the middle area of the scalp between the vertex and the hairline. There is a self-perpetuating aspect where the hair loss causes stress, and stress causes more hair loss. I can attest to this, because during stressful times i can literally feel the inflammation and pain flaring up in my scalp. So in these situations using a topical is a good idea. The self-esteem boost from seeing your hair recover will hopefully interrupt the feedback loop  Smile.

Although it can be very distressing, need to have a positive outlook in these situations and keep reminding yourself that the problem can be fixed.

imprisoned-radical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:35 am

imprisoned-radical wrote:There have been several periods when my hair became visibly thinner, usually following several weeks or months of poor diet and/or prolonged stress. And this was after having had significant success in stopping and reversing hair loss.

Whenever I have observed visible thinning, I have resorted to using topical treatments. Onion juice and amla juice have been pretty effective for me. To some extent, topicals have always seemed like "cheating". It means your internal regimen (diet and supplements) are not working well enough. It is a band-aid approach because you are applying whatever therapeutic substances directly to the scalp and achieving high concentrations, when ideally your diet and lifestyle should be enough to prevent and counteract hair loss. If you're in an optimal state of health, topicals should not be necessary.

Stress can cause diffuse thinning, particularly in the middle area of the scalp between the vertex and the hairline. There is a self-perpetuating aspect where the hair loss causes stress, and stress causes more hair loss. I can attest to this, because during stressful times i can literally feel the inflammation and pain flaring up in my scalp. So in these situations using a topical is a good idea. The self-esteem boost from seeing your hair recover will hopefully interrupt the feedback loop  Smile.

Although it can be very distressing, need to have a positive outlook in these situations and keep reminding yourself that the problem can be fixed.

Thanks for replying IR. I've read through some of your back posts before and saw that you've had success.

What would you recommend for me as an internal regimen? One thing I struggle with is digestive issues.. often get upset stomach, indigestion, etc. I believe this to be (one of the) cause of my crazy past year of intense hairloss. Another thing I notice is how quickly I calcify.. when I do DT.. it doesn't take much time for all the calcium I just broke up to re-harden. Something is making my scalp calcify at a lightning speed and I don't know what it is or how to stop it.

Also was onion juice really that effective? What results did you get from it?

helpmyhair1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical on Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:15 am

imprisoned-radical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:02 pm

imprisoned-radical wrote:Yes, onion juice will help.

See this old thread:
http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t5447-cutaneous-immunopathology-of-androgenetic-alopecia

I just tried the onion topical tonight. All I have it a blender and putting half an onion in it didn't quite liquify it.. so I added a little bit of ACV and a little water which seemed to make it more liquid-y. My hair feels great after doing this topical for a half hour or so. How long do you reckon it'll take to see results?

Where do you find amla juice? Why does it help?

Also are you still using Magnesium Oil as a topical? Are you finding it still works or no?

Thanks IR!

helpmyhair1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical on Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:43 pm

helpmyhair1 wrote:
imprisoned-radical wrote:Yes, onion juice will help.

See this old thread:
http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t5447-cutaneous-immunopathology-of-androgenetic-alopecia

I just tried the onion topical tonight. All I have it a blender and putting half an onion in it didn't quite liquify it.. so I added a little bit of ACV and a little water which seemed to make it more liquid-y. My hair feels great after doing this topical for a half hour or so. How long do you reckon it'll take to see results?

Where do you find amla juice? Why does it help?

Also are you still using Magnesium Oil as a topical? Are you finding it still works or no?

Thanks IR!

Amla juice will help, probably in a way similar to onion juice. It has natural anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial effects. Indian grocery stores will have bags of frozen amla. I always soak the amla (or onions) in water, which makes applying easier.

There used to be many more threads on this forum about biofilms and pathogens and their role in hair loss. I have observed that during periods of optimal health, there is minimal plaque build-up on my teeth and one of the benefits was that my breath was always good (even without brushing teeth). When the immune system is fully functional, it is able to clear bacteria and other pathogens. This would apply to any part of the body, including the scalp. Without effective clearance of the bacteria, there is prolonged inflammation.

Even in the mainstream approach, Nizoral is recognized as an effective treatment:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9669136

Once you find a routine (involving natural ingredients and manual methods) that makes your scalp feel better then you know you have something that will work eventually. It will probably take months before results become visible, so you need to be consistent.

imprisoned-radical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top