Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Henry Choys detumescence therapy.

Go down

Henry Choys detumescence therapy.

Post  Jimbosteve88 on Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:03 am

Hey guys, I just want to know your views on this https://www.omicsonline.org/detumescence-therapy-of-human-scalp-for-natural-hair-regrowth-2155-9554.1000138.php?aid=4590. I know this years old now and been discussed a thousand times, but why don't we accept it? I agree the whole study looks a bit amateur and maybe hard to take serious but was this guy right?

Jimbosteve88

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Henry Choys detumescence therapy.

Post  SonofOdin on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:11 pm

There is something to manuals, but out of likely the hundreds that tried to replicate the study, no one regrow all their hair in only five months. Furthermore, Choy is nowhere to be found in terms of standing by his research. If he truly did find the cure to mpb, then this is very strange behavior.

I think manuals work, but you need to stack it with other treatments because alone, it may not be powerful enough.
SonofOdin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback on Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:06 pm

I agree with Sonofodin 100 100 percent, its a multifactorial thing, you have to be all in dedicated and disciplined

Hairbeback

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:42 am

Hairbeback wrote:I agree with Sonofodin 100 100 percent, its a multifactorial thing, you have to be all in dedicated and disciplined

Indeed hairloss is multifactorial... glad you finally had this epiphany after 12 years of going cue ball bald. Only... you tried DT before and where did that get you? Bald. Perhaps you might also try going back to boar brushing and 'do it right this time' with one of Ferox' special boar brushes. You abide by all of this trustworthy shit that Ferox and Mr Choy bestowed upon you, and be sure to avoid anything anecdotal (all those poor scientific studies) as that shit could make you lose 80% of your hair.

This time, be dedicated with your boar brush.

All or nothing, bro.
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback on Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:48 am

Wow your a mess bro lol. I don't follow methods, hair brushing has been done for millennia.

Hairbeback

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback on Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:52 am

Let's say the Ferox method works for 1 person, despite dozens of studies and ancedotes. What does that mean then? Will you shift it to he got lucky or another perception that is yours?

Hairbeback

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:37 pm

Hairbeback wrote:Wow your a mess bro lol. I don't follow methods, hair brushing has been done for millennia.

Fundamental difference being - hair is made of dead protein, whereas the skin of the scalp is comprised of living tissue, sensitive to damage. According to the BS artists boar brushing the skin of the scalp leads to wounding, angiogenesis and regrowth, but in reality, it just leads to chronic inflammation and 10x worse hairloss. You're living proof of this, as is every other poor guinea pig who got duped into doing this shit. If you want to go for round 2, then that's entirely your choice. I couldn't care less.
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback on Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:44 pm

Round 2? You haven't made it past round one. You don't know what you are talking about you just keep citing poor study after poor study and act like an expert, if brushing damaged scalp a lot more men and women would be bald. You can't grasp fundamental reality, no one can. You speak from your perception as if you know everything. Now you are implying that I used these methods, I haven't brushed my hair consistently ever and I lost hair. As a matter of fact I never brushed my hair consistently until 2 weeks ago. Very seldom I would brush my hair if ever, I have had hair loss for over 10 years without brushing my hair at all. See how that works? So from my personal experience I can see that I didn't brush my hair when I started thinning, I rarely ate fruits and vegetables or minerals and never massaged my hair.

After researching hair loss from various perspectives, cultures (is this racism?) I can add stuff that might have been lacking in my earlier years. I cold shower to get circulation going to the scalp, some light brushing, add more fruits, vegetables, minerals, and a nice gentle massage. This is my experiment on my self, but you don't seem to understand that.

All you can do is try and throw shade by being condenscending (yea good luck you won't grow your hair back, heres an old study from a western study) Which is funny CS is heavily againsted.

You don't even know what the paper means or what the conclusion is so how can you begin to tell people what will happen.

Admit it it your a nilihist

You are probably ugly
Odd shaped head
Live with parents
Work a miserale 9-5

But that's not my fault its yours thats how you see yourself

Hairbeback

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:06 pm

When people brush their hair, they do precisely that - brush their hair. The Ferox method isn't about brushing hair, it's about using a boar bristle brush on scalp tissue to cause wounding and stimulate regrowth. If a man is bald, how the fuck can he use a boar brush to brush hair that isn't there, you dimwit? lmao This is precisely why bald participants began boar brushing the scalp - because they were persuaded to believe that it would regenerate follicles and make them start producing terminals again. What planet are you on, son? Waxing lyrical about Ferox method / boar brushing, and you don't even know what it is? You got to be trolling me lmao.
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback on Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:06 pm

But what does this have to do with me? How does this apply to me? More projection from the angry nihilist

Hairbeback

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CF on Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:46 pm

Xenon wrote:When people brush their hair, they do precisely that - brush their hair. The Ferox method isn't about brushing hair, it's about using a boar bristle brush on scalp tissue to cause wounding and stimulate regrowth. If a man is bald, how the fuck can he use a boar brush to brush hair that isn't there, you dimwit? lmao This is precisely why bald participants began boar brushing the scalp - because they were persuaded to believe that it would regenerate follicles and make them start producing terminals again. What planet are you on, son? Waxing lyrical about Ferox method / boar brushing, and you don't even know what it is? You got to be trolling me lmao.

It seems to me a lack of hair wouldn’t affect any wounding process, should one exist.

CF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback on Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:34 pm

He doesn't understand he's a defeatist, he projected the ferox method on me because I said I want to brush my hair with a boar bristle brush. Never did I say I was trying to wound my scalp or try the ferox method, I never read in to the method. I brush my hair lightly 100 times in circular motions, really lightly

Hairbeback

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:21 am

CF wrote:
Xenon wrote:When people brush their hair, they do precisely that - brush their hair. The Ferox method isn't about brushing hair, it's about using a boar bristle brush on scalp tissue to cause wounding and stimulate regrowth. If a man is bald, how the fuck can he use a boar brush to brush hair that isn't there, you dimwit? lmao This is precisely why bald participants began boar brushing the scalp - because they were persuaded to believe that it would regenerate follicles and make them start producing terminals again. What planet are you on, son? Waxing lyrical about Ferox method / boar brushing, and you don't even know what it is? You got to be trolling me lmao.

It seems to me a lack of hair wouldn’t affect any wounding process, should one exist.

Well, the boar brush participants - who did have hair left - tried this, and their inflammatory problems and hairloss increased tenfold. What else are we to deduce from this other than the fact that it doesn't work, and makes the situation worse?

Last edited by Xenon on Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:33 am

Hairbeback wrote:He doesn't understand he's a defeatist, he projected the ferox method on me because I said I want to brush my hair with a boar bristle brush. Never did I say I was trying to wound my scalp or try the ferox method, I never read in to the method. I brush my hair lightly 100 times in circular motions, really lightly

Oh I see, you're trying to style the remaining 20% of *miniaturized* hair you have left? That's sweet. Tell me more about these "circular motions" you speak of -- 'wax on, wax off' sort of thing? lmao

BTW being pissed with me (or vainly attempting to prove me wrong) wont do shit for your hair, darling. You're really pissed with yourself - for losing all your hair and having no solution for it - but need someone to blame for it. Doing that to me will just make your anger worse because I'll just keep finding it amusing and mocking you. Then you'll become so irate you'll smash your computer up in an effort to smack me into a coma lolol. I'd advise you to go scream down the phone to Ferox and Mr Choy, only they wont pick up the phone, so, perhaps there may be a solution for you in sight: Rei Ogawa's Panasonic head massager hahaha 'Muh tinnitus, it bees causing me to lose muh hair, yo! I knows I bees rights. I do the circle sheeit wit muh mufuggin boar brush 100 times per day, yo! It cure dat sheeeit in no time. If any mufuggah wanna says theys got something better, I smack them dafuq up until they end up in a coma, yo!'

Anyways, kid, sorry to inform you, but this will be my last response to you, as I don't want to waste anymore time (despite you amusing me, somewhat). I hope I have been a sound cathartic release for you, and now you can chill and have no more violent fantasies running through your head.

Have a happy new year, and, despite me being a mocking asshole, I seriously do hope you regrow all of your hair.
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback on Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:16 am

Somebody is mad, can't post with out insulting someone. That sounds about par for the course for a cyber bully. Still don't know how the Ferox method is applied to me and your sick twisted fantasy of yours. I don't need to smack you

let's just say I got the info I want
cheers

Hairbeback

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical on Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:04 am

Xenon wrote:
Fundamental difference being - hair is made of dead protein, whereas the skin of the scalp is comprised of living tissue, sensitive to damage. According to the BS artists boar brushing the skin of the scalp leads to wounding, angiogenesis and regrowth, but in reality, it just leads to chronic inflammation and 10x worse hairloss.

If there is already inflammation in the scalp due to poor overall health, then manual methods are likely to do more harm than good. In good health however, manual methods will be effective.

Here is an abstract about the impact of stress on wound healing:

Perceived stress and cortisol levels predict speed of wound healing in healthy male adults.
Ebrecht M, Hextall J, Kirtley LG, Taylor A, Dyson M, Weinman J.
Source
Unit of Psychology, Kings College, London, UK. marcel.ebrecht@gmx.de
Abstract
The main purpose of the present study was to investigate the association between perceived stress and impaired cutaneous wound healing in humans using a novel wound assessment technique, and taking into account putative mediating factors such as cortisol levels, health behaviours, and personality factors. The study made use of a prospective, within-subjects design in which 24 male non-smokers participated. Every subject received a standard 4mm-punch biopsy, and the healing progress was monitored via high-resolution ultrasound scanning. Participants completed questionnaires on perceived stress, health behaviours, and personality factors, and sampled saliva for cortisol assessment after awakening at 2 weeks prior, directly after, and 2 weeks after the biopsy. The overall results showed a significant negative correlation between speed of wound healing, and both Perceived Stress scale (PSS) scores (r=-.59; p<.01), and General Health Questionnaire (GHQ) scores (r=-.59; p<.01) at the time of the biopsy. The area under the morning cortisol response curve was negatively correlated with speed of wound healing (r=-.55; p<.05), indicating a clear elevation in the morning cortisol slope of those whose wounds were slowest to heal. A median split of the complete sample yielded that the 'slow healing' group showed higher stress levels (PSS t=3.93, p<.01, GHQ t=2.50, p<.05), lower trait optimism (t=3.25, p<.05), and higher cortisol levels to awakening (F=5.60, p<.05) compared with the 'fast healing' group. None of the health behaviours investigated (i.e. alcohol consumption, exercise, healthy eating, and sleep) were correlated with healing speed at any time point. Our data hint at a considerable influence of stress on wound healing, and suggests that elevated cortisol levels, rather than altered health behaviours, play a role in this effect.

imprisoned-radical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:44 am

Yep, I generally agree with you, except, in the case of MPB, inflammation just seems to send the follicle into telogen phase. From what I've read, this is probably due to a sharp reduction in progenitor cells, which seems to be largely caused by the effects of DHT / androgens. DHT, it would seem, programs the follicle to stop stem cells maturing into these vital progenitor cells we require for terminal hair growth. These progenitors are involved in the creation of hair growing matrix cells surrounding the papilla. When these matrix cells are subjected to auto-immune attack, they usually regenerate - so long as there is an abundance of these progenitor cells within the bulge. Lack of these progenitors prevents wound healing within matrix cells, so, when attacked by pro-inflammatory cytokines, the follicle continues to shrink, and produces micro peach fuzz. This would explain why stressors such as mechanical force and boar brush friction accelerate hair loss - increased inflammation + reduced wound healing capacity.
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bh1546 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:20 am

Xenon,

Ppl have a lot of success with derma rolling.

I credit manuals and brushing to partially saving my hair. Albeit I do other things like diet/vitamins and minerals but not until I started brushing and really being kind of being rough with my scalp did I not stop my crown loss and thicken up my hair. When I dry my hair I rub it with a towel back and forth as hard as I can.
Still very slow frontal loss but I thought I would be bald by now.

bh1546

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oker on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:28 pm

I'm surprised people take this study seriously, the pictures in the pdf file are obviously fake and the site itself is known for publishing false deceptive studies(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OMICS_Publishing_Group).
Oker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down