Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search

Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Post  Hairbeback on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:54 pm

I shouldn't of reacted the way I did, just hate negative people.

Hairbeback

Posts : 884
Join date : 2009-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Post  cassanova on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:37 pm

It's been a long time since I have posted but I wanted to after reading through this thread. Several things,

1. Bobbypin, xenon insulted hairbeback several times before hairbeback responded the way he did. You should really read through the entire thread before you Chime in with your uneducated response.

2. What xenon is saying is without doubt one of the most unintelligent and disturbing things I have read. Xenon is basically saying we shouldn't exercise because it causes hair loss. He says this because all the guys from his martial arts class are balding. This theory is blown out of the water by the fact that are a ton of professional athletes who more intense cardio than xenon ever has, and have full beautiful heads of hair. (Christian Ronaldo for example.)

3. Also if what xenon implies is correct, that exercise causes hair loss, it doesn't really matter. We are all loseing hair and hairbeback is loseing hair whether we exercise or not. So we might as well be in shape guys with thinning hair than out of shape guys with thinning hair. So xenon saying we should not exercise because it will cause loss of hair makes no sense.

4. All hairbeback was saying, is that he believes lack of circulation, to be a factor in his hair loss. So he is going to start doing cardio to improve circulation and improve hair, which is logical and makes sense. I personally don't believe cardio will make a difference for the same reason I pointed out above (Theree are a lot of balding professional athletes are well) bit that doesn't mean circulation doesn't play a factor, or that we shouldn't try more direct circulation to scalp. And no-one should post the way xenon did because he doesn't agree.

4. This forum has definitely gone down hill since back when I was on it all the time. It's a sad shame that now people try to discourage exercise and try to make other people believe it will cause hair loss:(

cassanova

Posts : 113
Join date : 2008-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Post  BobbyPin on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:41 pm

Im not on the guys dick as you put it and I did read the thread, my opinion is exactly the same. theres no excuse for becoming so pissed that you want to smack someone into a coma. your a thug and you have shown your true colors. what you said made my blood run cold and i think that cs should ban you. go get psychiatric help before you seriously hurt a woman.

BobbyPin

Posts : 8
Join date : 2017-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Post  Xenon on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:12 pm

What xenon is saying is without doubt one of the most unintelligent and disturbing things I have read. Xenon is basically saying we shouldn't exercise because it causes hair loss. He says this because all the guys from his martial arts class are balding. This theory is blown out of the water by the fact that are a ton of professional athletes who more intense cardio than xenon ever has, and have full beautiful heads of hair. (Christian Ronaldo for example.)

I didn't tell anyone not to exercise, I merely warned them that continuous, strenuous exercise leads to an auto-immune attack in follicles. The reason why this happens in hair loss sufferers (and not guys like Christiano Ronaldo), is due to differences in the numbers of cytokine receptors within their DP cells. In men who carry baldness genes, testosterone / DHT activates them, and they then cause follicles to experience an upregulation in cytokine receptors, thus making them hypersensitive to inflammation and subsequent miniaturization. This is why some FtM transsexuals go bald, whereas others don't. It all depends on whether they are carriers of these genetics, and if so, androgens will activate them. MPB - like asthma - is an inflammatory disorder, therefore various forms of stress will cause a flare up.

avatar
Xenon

Posts : 1571
Join date : 2012-05-03
Location : Alpha Draconis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Post  cassanova on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:46 pm

Well once again, the men who carry baldness genes are going to lose hair regardless, whether they do continuous exercise or not... So why not exercise? Like I said before, better to be an in shape guys with thinning hair, than an out of shape guys with thinning hair.

cassanova

Posts : 113
Join date : 2008-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Post  Hairbeback on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:32 pm

No matter what we do, our world will never have perfect air, water or soil. All we can do is try and lower inflammation as best we can. Nothing is 100 percent pure, but if we are diligent and make it a daily habit to lower inflammation and keep exercise in moderation, and food and supplements and claim back out power over ourselves and our health we can reverse many of things. Stay open minded, stay skeptical, and stay positive

Hairbeback

Posts : 884
Join date : 2009-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Post  Xenon on Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:08 am

cassanova wrote:Well once again, the men who carry baldness genes are going to lose hair regardless, whether they do continuous exercise or not... So why not exercise? Like I said before, better to be an in shape guys with thinning hair, than an out of shape guys with thinning hair.

Not a completely unavoidable fate, but preventing inflammation can prove to be difficult at times. If you work in a job that is physically (or mentally) strenuous, then this can be very challenging to prevent inflammatory problems. When this was the case for me, I had to make occasional visits to the men's room and dowse my scalp with cold water, as this is known to reduce inflammation (in the same way you'd treat a burn injury).

I had to also do this when I began exercising everyday for several months. Applying cold water to the scalp does help enormously, and I found that it took around 5 months to notice some minor hair fall of the temples. However, if I don't apply cold water under the same circumstances, then inflammation kicks in very quickly, and I start noticeably shedding within a week.


Last edited by Xenon on Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Xenon

Posts : 1571
Join date : 2012-05-03
Location : Alpha Draconis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Post  CausticSymmetry on Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:11 am

Over many years, many posts on how to deal with prostaglandins. How and why they are expressed in AGA can be exacerbated under different influences, but there are many measures that work.

I would have no hair left on my scalp had I not used measures against this for so long.




_________________
My regimen
http://www.immortalhair.org/mpb-regimen

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
avatar
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Posts : 12136
Join date : 2008-07-09

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Post  Hairbeback on Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:28 am

What foods do you use to deal with them? I'm reading citrus fruits are good for lowering prostagladins

Hairbeback

Posts : 884
Join date : 2009-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Post  CausticSymmetry on Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:14 am

Hairbeback wrote:What foods do you use to deal with them? I'm reading citrus fruits are good for lowering prostagladins

Unfortunately, foods are just not potent enough to really do the job. I suppose that some Ray Peat devotees might disagree, as their approach has to do that avoiding 'bad' foods or PUFA's specifically is key. (I disagree based on factual research) but I digress, that's another issue entirely.

Some of what my research has uncovered on hair loss (the reasons why) is quite startling and radically overlooked. It's not a surprise why the mainstream is unlikely to ever figure it out, since their approach is usually focused on the cytokine reactions instead of the perpetrator, so they examine drug targets for profit.

There are a lot of overlooked causes, and would not be possible to summarize them without creating controversy.

There are a variety of supplements that will deal with the prostaglandin issue. One of more well known is Krill, Cod Liver Oil, or fish oil. I prefer the first for a lot of reasons. After that there are a variety of supplements that go further to target, such (most of what I use for hair).

Last but certainly not least is to deal with ridding one of the most persistent toxins that provoke the inflammatory prostaglandins in the first place. Here's an abstract that will speak for itself.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27018067




_________________
My regimen
http://www.immortalhair.org/mpb-regimen

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
avatar
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Posts : 12136
Join date : 2008-07-09

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Post  Hairbeback on Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:49 am

What brand of Krill Oil do you use?

Hairbeback

Posts : 884
Join date : 2009-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Post  CausticSymmetry on Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:07 am

Hairbeback wrote:What brand of Krill Oil do you use?

Any brand that has 75 mg EPA and 45 mg DHA per 500 mg per softgel,
at least 200 mg of phospholipids and 750 mcg of Astaxanthin per softgel.


_________________
My regimen
http://www.immortalhair.org/mpb-regimen

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
avatar
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Posts : 12136
Join date : 2008-07-09

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Post  BobbyPin on Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:52 am

Hey xenon man, here is something that kinda backs up what you say about frowning and its potential negative effects on the hairline. Its about muscle tension and how it restricts blood flow to the scalp and causes a build up of toxic metabolites. I have posted some points of interest and link for you.

All of the muscles in the tension triangle are particularly vulnerable to pressure. Corrugator muscles, the ones that knit the brow into a frown, tighten in response to emotional tension. A study done at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston shows that depressed people have chronically tensed corrugators, even when they do not look as if they are frowning. Tension in the corrugators, along with the nearby frontalis muscle, is such a good gauge of muscle tension throughout the body that forehead muscles are used in biofeedback training to monitor overall tension. As the muscles throughout the body relax, tension also drains from the forehead muscles.

One of the better documented assertions, according to experts, holds that when a muscle is tightened the tension slows blood flow. Normally, the blood washes away the metabolic byproducts of activity. But if the muscle stays tense, it becomes oxygen-starved and metabolites, like lactic acid, build up. The pain receptors in the muscles are sensitive both to shortening of the fibers and to a buildup of metabolites. When these receptors detect such conditions, they send a message of pain to the brain.


http://www.nytimes.com/1986/09/28/magazine/relieving-stress-mind-over-muscle.html?pagewanted=all


BobbyPin

Posts : 8
Join date : 2017-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Post  Hairbeback on Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:03 pm

Bobbypin is xenon other account

Hairbeback

Posts : 884
Join date : 2009-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Post  Hairbeback on Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:03 pm

You can post 100 hundred studies if ya want, nutrition is one of the most misunderstood things in all of science.

Hairbeback

Posts : 884
Join date : 2009-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Post  BobbyPin on Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:41 am

Hairbeback wrote:Bobbypin is xenon other account
 oh look, the violent thug is trying to smear me also. Very vengeful guy you are. Like the evil thug you are. Iread some of your posts and it now obvious to me why your an aggressive paranoid vengeful thug with poor impulse control. I should really pity you. Go seek therapy before your anger and paranoia. causes you to lose it and smack a woman into a coma.

BobbyPin

Posts : 8
Join date : 2017-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Post  Hairbeback on Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:57 pm

Yea something is off, you are another one of Xenon accounts. You checked my posts out....like I said I had did with Xenon and put up his post flaming people for different opinions.

Pull up some of my angry posts please

And can we get an IP address check something is off

Hairbeback

Posts : 884
Join date : 2009-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Post  imprisoned-radical on Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:45 pm

BobbyPin wrote:Hey xenon man, here is something that kinda backs up what you say about frowning and its potential negative effects on the hairline. Its about muscle tension and how it restricts blood flow to the scalp and causes a build up of toxic metabolites. I have posted some points of interest and link for you.

All of the muscles in the tension triangle are particularly vulnerable to pressure. Corrugator muscles, the ones that knit the brow into a frown, tighten in response to emotional tension. A study done at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston shows that depressed people have chronically tensed corrugators, even when they do not look as if they are frowning. Tension in the corrugators, along with the nearby frontalis muscle, is such a good gauge of muscle tension throughout the body that forehead muscles are used in biofeedback training to monitor overall tension. As the muscles throughout the body relax, tension also drains from the forehead muscles.

One of the better documented assertions, according to experts, holds that when a muscle is tightened the tension slows blood flow. Normally, the blood washes away the metabolic byproducts of activity. But if the muscle stays tense, it becomes oxygen-starved and metabolites, like lactic acid, build up. The pain receptors in the muscles are sensitive both to shortening of the fibers and to a buildup of metabolites. When these receptors detect such conditions, they send a message of pain to the brain.


http://www.nytimes.com/1986/09/28/magazine/relieving-stress-mind-over-muscle.html?pagewanted=all


At least for me, many facial exercises can produce an improvement in mood. Particularly exercises that involve the frontalis, orbicularis oculi.

Several interesting posts about the same topic in this older thread:
http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t12147-depression-infection-and-inflammatory-disorders


imprisoned-radical

Posts : 400
Join date : 2011-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Post  BobbyPin on Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:08 am

Hairbeback wrote:Yea something is off, you are another one of Xenon accounts. You checked my posts out....like I said I had did with Xenon and put up his post flaming people for different opinions.

Pull up some of my angry posts please

And can we get an IP address check something is off

the admin has my consent to verify if me and xenon have the same ip. it wouldnt matter to ou anyway because you have it in your head im him. the reason i looked through your posts was to find this one because i found an article on scalp tension and thought it be interesting for others to see, then you become so ate up with an inexplicable rage your reaction is to smear me. what really is wrong with you? derisive, threatening people with violence, haughty, vengeful, spiteful, accusatory. i'm telling you, from what youve clearly exhibited you need professional psychotherapeutic treatment before your crazed mind prompts you into murdering someone who has a slight disagreement with you. chances are your only capable of doing this to someone physically weaker than you - a woman, child, senior citizen. i know this because anyone who threatens violence across the net in some undisclosed location thousands of miles away, is a coward. you opted for the cowards route meaning that this is what you are. how you do anything is how you do everything, as the saying goes Mr Internet Tough Guy i get it your baldness has wrecked your life but to become as warped and as triggered as you clearly are is inexcusable. any man who has no clear control of his emotions is suffering from arrested development - an angry little child inside the body of an adult. this will be my last correspondence with you as i cannot relate to someone who has the cognizance of a spiteful little boy. whatever you say in future will just go ignored.

BobbyPin

Posts : 8
Join date : 2017-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Post  Hairbeback on Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:19 am

Sounds like a bunch of word salad to me. Personally I think you are blowing this up out of proportion. Your mind seems very fixated on women and children? That strange, not once has a woman or child been mentioned during the dialogue on this site unless it was brought up by you. The things you are projecting are what I said about Xenon and his all or nothing approach to hair loss which is negative at the core. He pretty much throws anyone under the bus who doesn't agree with the poor studies he post. I don't know what's more poorer his studies or your psycho analysis you pretty much made up.

I posted evidence of his posts shooting down other posters for disagreeing with him or providing evidence that is contrary to his. He also flamed them and me in the process and attempted to mock the people on here trying to grow their hair back. If you don't believe you can then why even post on here and put people down? He more and less admitted he was a quitter in one of his post which are soaked in negativity. Nice try trying to flip it back on me though for one comment, lord forbid someone makes a comment like that can't we all just be perfect little angels?

With that said I do believe you might be a Xenon double account, probably using Zenmate to switch the IP up, doesn't matter to me. I'm hear to share dialogue and encourage people to take care of their health. Hair loss hasn't ravaged me, its helped me take control of my health and learn more then I ever would in past school studies. As for hair loss ravaging me....I got the head shape for it and I look like a better looking version of Vin Diesel in his prime and have no problem getting the ladies. For some hair loss is mostly how they will socially be perceived for me its about health.

One day when you get an actual degree in psycho therapy and have more then a random 7 post that mostly sprung out after Xenon threw a man child tantrum because me and other posters don't agree with him.

And I'm still waiting for these posts of mine you went over? Very Happy

Hairbeback

Posts : 884
Join date : 2009-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Post  Xenon on Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:12 am

.


Last edited by Xenon on Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Xenon

Posts : 1571
Join date : 2012-05-03
Location : Alpha Draconis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Post  Xenon on Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:13 am

lmao such a wall of bullshit you typed there. I'll keep this short and simple (like you).

1. You dismissed what I had to say as anecdotal, which was posted as a deliberate insult. You think I'll let you give me shit and not return fire Mr-Vin-Diesel-I'll-punch you-into-coma-yo!? lmao You initiated it, then aptly morph into the victim. 'Boo hoo Xenon threw me under the bus. *sniffle sniffle* Lynch mob seize him! (including fake account cassanova)'

Oh yeh, bro, someone PMd me to let me know you and he are the same person. Never mind your projections that me and BobbyPin are the same person. When I was PMd about this, I looked at cassanovas account and the guy (sorry, you) hadn't logged in since 2012. Who really remembers their password to a hairloss forum after 6 years of absence? You got rumbled, son.

2. You did boar brushing and DT, lose all of your fucking hair (as everyone else did), then say I'm negative for being critical of these provably sham therapies. Hello McFly! lmao. Why don't you give uncle Henry Choy (and Mr Ferox) a call and find out why your hair didn't grow back, only Mr 'coy' Choy wont answer any calls about his miracle cure, and did a moonlight flit. Wherever is Complexx when you need him? Oh, he also dusted when I presented rock solid evidence that he was working for a well known bullshit artist on here. The usual argumentative bully saw his own ass and knew I had too much info on him, so he didn't want to go there, then left with his tail between his legs.

3. You say I'm always negative? I'm a realist, kid, and not duped by scammers like your dumb fuck ass is lmao. Man, I am so tempted to create my own literal bullshit hair growth topical and especially target you with it. If I can just get you to rub a steaming pile of bull manure into your scalp (with an added mix of dead flies) 3 times per day for 3 years, then it will make my fucking day haha. If I'm feeling in an extra cruel mood I might tell you you're just not doing it right, and that you also have to eat it  Twisted Evil  

Oh, and I think it should be pointed out that you have a bit of an anti-white agenda going on with your bad self there. You remarked (or boasted rather) on how you can pull off the bald look because you're ethnic / African American - "I'm ethnic and I have the perfect head for it". What are we whites to deduce from this? You're pretty much saying that only black guys can pull off the bald headed look because they have the right head shape for it. In other words, Caucasians have deformed heads and look strange bald. Remember that, white guys. When you shave your head, this guy thinks you all look ridiculous because your white heads aren't the right shape for it. Whitey's head just aint righty - not like LL Cool J lurrrve God there lmao Now, imagine I said the same thing to him - 'I'm white and have the right head shape for the bald look'. The race card would instantly be pulled on me.  

Tut tut at you and your underlying contempt for white people. At least we all know how you feel.
avatar
Xenon

Posts : 1571
Join date : 2012-05-03
Location : Alpha Draconis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Post  Hairbeback on Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:51 am

More projection from the bully on the hair loss forum. I don't use methods as you say, I personally think brushing your hair is beneficial in hair loss and increasing circulation. Not every thing is a method of reduced to a single component. Hair brushing has been around for millennia not some method a guy used to make money according to you. Never read any of those methods or the DT method. Its common sense for me from the personal research I have concluded.

2nd of all I am not casanova, Immortal hair can check the IPs, e-mails or whatever he wants to do. I have been on this board since 2009 no need for me to be a troll. You claim to be a realist, but I just seen a hurt man who is actually a Nihilist. I find it strange an account with 3-4 posts comes to your defense after I exposed your cyber bullying and gaslighting to defend you with odd claims about women and children. Then casually post a follow up article to yours "hey look xenon" You role playing multiple personalities on here I can only imagine what you look like in real life.

As for being ethnic or white, plenty of white men look fine being bald. 2 that come to mind are Urlacher, which I made a post about on here. IMO he looks better with out hair. And Jason Statham, Patrick Stewart, Stone Cold Steve Austin and many more.

Your childish ego can't take the heat, if I don't believe your anecdote that is not a personal attack to bring you down or assume you are a lair. You overreacted by trying to cyber bully me, project yours flaws, flawed studies and insults. Apparently anyone who disagrees with the "realist" is an idiot.

Then I brought up evidence of your bullying and Nihilism from prior post you had on here and posted them as evidence, other posters agreed.

Then strangely a poster with 3 post comes in to defend you all buddy buddy with poor psycho therapy, talking about hitting women and children?

This is all strange and Ludicrous, find a post where I tear people down for their opinions or when they disagree with me.

Until then If you want to settle this another way I'm always down for that. Chicago Bred afro

Hairbeback

Posts : 884
Join date : 2009-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Post  Hairbeback on Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:58 am

You can wait for scientific study after scientific study too come out. With the limited time we have on this place, different types of hair, different types of hair loss and body chemistry and nutritional deficiencies we have to take our own power back find out what works for us and what doesn't. We as humans need a foundation, this is a multifactorial discipline we need to take to reverse or halt hair loss. It can't be defined in one or 2 scientific studies, for which I posted a link about most studies being flawed....

I wonder if you will accuse IM of being racist since he is so suspect of Western Science which is mostly a Caucasian European form of Science
hmmmmmm

http://journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article?id=10.1371/journal.pmed.0020124

Why Most Published Research Findings Are False

Hairbeback

Posts : 884
Join date : 2009-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum