Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Deeper down the rabbit hole of hair loss

Post  Hairbeback on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:54 pm

I shouldn't of reacted the way I did, just hate negative people.

Hairbeback

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cassanova on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:37 pm

It's been a long time since I have posted but I wanted to after reading through this thread. Several things,

1. Bobbypin, xenon insulted hairbeback several times before hairbeback responded the way he did. You should really read through the entire thread before you Chime in with your uneducated response.

2. What xenon is saying is without doubt one of the most unintelligent and disturbing things I have read. Xenon is basically saying we shouldn't exercise because it causes hair loss. He says this because all the guys from his martial arts class are balding. This theory is blown out of the water by the fact that are a ton of professional athletes who more intense cardio than xenon ever has, and have full beautiful heads of hair. (Christian Ronaldo for example.)

3. Also if what xenon implies is correct, that exercise causes hair loss, it doesn't really matter. We are all loseing hair and hairbeback is loseing hair whether we exercise or not. So we might as well be in shape guys with thinning hair than out of shape guys with thinning hair. So xenon saying we should not exercise because it will cause loss of hair makes no sense.

4. All hairbeback was saying, is that he believes lack of circulation, to be a factor in his hair loss. So he is going to start doing cardio to improve circulation and improve hair, which is logical and makes sense. I personally don't believe cardio will make a difference for the same reason I pointed out above (Theree are a lot of balding professional athletes are well) bit that doesn't mean circulation doesn't play a factor, or that we shouldn't try more direct circulation to scalp. And no-one should post the way xenon did because he doesn't agree.

4. This forum has definitely gone down hill since back when I was on it all the time. It's a sad shame that now people try to discourage exercise and try to make other people believe it will cause hair loss:(

cassanova

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbyPin on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:41 pm

Im not on the guys dick as you put it and I did read the thread, my opinion is exactly the same. theres no excuse for becoming so pissed that you want to smack someone into a coma. your a thug and you have shown your true colors. what you said made my blood run cold and i think that cs should ban you. go get psychiatric help before you seriously hurt a woman.

BobbyPin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:12 pm

What xenon is saying is without doubt one of the most unintelligent and disturbing things I have read. Xenon is basically saying we shouldn't exercise because it causes hair loss. He says this because all the guys from his martial arts class are balding. This theory is blown out of the water by the fact that are a ton of professional athletes who more intense cardio than xenon ever has, and have full beautiful heads of hair. (Christian Ronaldo for example.)

I didn't tell anyone not to exercise, I merely warned them that continuous, strenuous exercise leads to an auto-immune attack in follicles. The reason why this happens in hair loss sufferers (and not guys like Christiano Ronaldo), is due to differences in the numbers of cytokine receptors within their DP cells. In men who carry baldness genes, testosterone / DHT activates them, and they then cause follicles to experience an upregulation in cytokine receptors, thus making them hypersensitive to inflammation and subsequent miniaturization. This is why some FtM transsexuals go bald, whereas others don't. It all depends on whether they are carriers of these genetics, and if so, androgens will activate them. MPB - like asthma - is an inflammatory disorder, therefore various forms of stress will cause a flare up.

Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cassanova on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:46 pm

Well once again, the men who carry baldness genes are going to lose hair regardless, whether they do continuous exercise or not... So why not exercise? Like I said before, better to be an in shape guys with thinning hair, than an out of shape guys with thinning hair.

cassanova

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:32 pm

No matter what we do, our world will never have perfect air, water or soil. All we can do is try and lower inflammation as best we can. Nothing is 100 percent pure, but if we are diligent and make it a daily habit to lower inflammation and keep exercise in moderation, and food and supplements and claim back out power over ourselves and our health we can reverse many of things. Stay open minded, stay skeptical, and stay positive

Hairbeback

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:08 am

cassanova wrote:Well once again, the men who carry baldness genes are going to lose hair regardless, whether they do continuous exercise or not... So why not exercise? Like I said before, better to be an in shape guys with thinning hair, than an out of shape guys with thinning hair.

Not a completely unavoidable fate, but preventing inflammation can prove to be difficult at times. If you work in a job that is physically (or mentally) strenuous, then this can be very challenging to prevent inflammatory problems. When this was the case for me, I had to make occasional visits to the men's room and dowse my scalp with cold water, as this is known to reduce inflammation (in the same way you'd treat a burn injury).

I had to also do this when I began exercising everyday for several months. Applying cold water to the scalp does help enormously, and I found that it took around 5 months to notice some minor hair fall of the temples. However, if I don't apply cold water under the same circumstances, then inflammation kicks in very quickly, and I start noticeably shedding within a week.

Last edited by Xenon on Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:11 am

Over many years, many posts on how to deal with prostaglandins. How and why they are expressed in AGA can be exacerbated under different influences, but there are many measures that work.

I would have no hair left on my scalp had I not used measures against this for so long.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback on Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:28 am

What foods do you use to deal with them? I'm reading citrus fruits are good for lowering prostagladins

Hairbeback

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:14 am

Hairbeback wrote:What foods do you use to deal with them? I'm reading citrus fruits are good for lowering prostagladins

Unfortunately, foods are just not potent enough to really do the job. I suppose that some Ray Peat devotees might disagree, as their approach has to do that avoiding 'bad' foods or PUFA's specifically is key. (I disagree based on factual research) but I digress, that's another issue entirely.

Some of what my research has uncovered on hair loss (the reasons why) is quite startling and radically overlooked. It's not a surprise why the mainstream is unlikely to ever figure it out, since their approach is usually focused on the cytokine reactions instead of the perpetrator, so they examine drug targets for profit.

There are a lot of overlooked causes, and would not be possible to summarize them without creating controversy.

There are a variety of supplements that will deal with the prostaglandin issue. One of more well known is Krill, Cod Liver Oil, or fish oil. I prefer the first for a lot of reasons. After that there are a variety of supplements that go further to target, such (most of what I use for hair).

Last but certainly not least is to deal with ridding one of the most persistent toxins that provoke the inflammatory prostaglandins in the first place. Here's an abstract that will speak for itself.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27018067

CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback on Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:49 am

What brand of Krill Oil do you use?

Hairbeback

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:07 am

Hairbeback wrote:What brand of Krill Oil do you use?

Any brand that has 75 mg EPA and 45 mg DHA per 500 mg per softgel,
at least 200 mg of phospholipids and 750 mcg of Astaxanthin per softgel.

CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top