FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Scalp threading with polydioxanone monofilament threads: a novel, effective and safe modality for hair restoration.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scalp threading with polydioxanone monofilament threads: a novel, effective and safe modality for hair restoration.

Post  cantstopwontstop on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:33 pm

Just saw an interesting topic over at HairLossTalk, it is about scalp threading and it's benefits for hair. Here is the paper:

https://www.pdf-archive.com/2017/12/04/bharti-et-al-2017/

I was wondering, what are your thoughts on this? Do you think this could be an effective treatment for hair loss? It seems like it has potential, but I'm careful not to get too excited about these types of things until there is more evidence.

Here is the original thread at HairLossTalk if you are interested:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/scalp-threading-with-polydioxanone-monofilament-threads-a-novel-effective-and-safe-modality.110115/

cantstopwontstop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp threading with polydioxanone monofilament threads: a novel, effective and safe modality for hair restoration.

Post  cdto2012 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:24 am

Thanks for sharing this,  I think CS had posted a while back about this on lab rats,  but human success is even more useful.  The reason I post is to highlight  the theme of micro wounding as a successful process.  This includes laser micro burns, high voltage micro lighting burns (tesla wand type) , needling, and my treatments with hard pressing and wire brushing.   Sounds tough, but skin regeneration is key, and pain for gain is here to stay.

These treatments should inflict bruising that lasts.  Needling can, but here are plenty of instructions on how to do this safely.

Summary of topic process=

"  It looks like it's essentially a form of wounding, like microneedling. They thread a dissolvable thread through scalp thus wounding it and trigger the same wound healing response as with dermarolling, except this is below the skin and due to the thread the wound stays "open" I assuming for several weeks, or maybe even months. Apparently it's already widely used for non-surgical face lifts. "

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/scalp-threading-with-polydioxanone-monofilament-threads-a-novel-effective-and-safe-modality.110115/

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scalp threading with polydioxanone monofilament threads: a novel, effective and safe modality for hair restoration.

Post  Hairbeback on Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:21 am

You can sit around and wait for all the "evidence" you want, by the time you are done collecting all the evidence you will be oldin your 50s and 60s with a bunch of wasted time. Take action start simple, science is not the holy grail of answers that people make it out to be

Hairbeback

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cantstopwontstop on Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:48 am

I probably should have done a better overview of the procedure in the main post, I expected this topic to be talked about quite a bit as it is a great "natural" remedy to hair loss that utilizes your body's own healing mechanisms to drive hair growth.

Something I found very interesting about this study is that is was conducted on those who hadn't responded to minoxidil or finasteride.

"We evaluated the efficacy and safety of PDO thread insertion into the scalp in five male patients of Androgenetic Alopecia with unsatisfactory response despite 18 months of treatment with 10% minoxidil and oral finasteride; enrolling them after written consent, ensuring a 3-month wash-off period from previous therapies, and having ruled out any contraindications."

Seems like it has real potential. I wish they included more pictures, especially of the guy who was at Norwood 4 or 5.

cantstopwontstop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:34 am

If you try it let us know the results

Hairbeback

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cantstopwontstop on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:23 pm

cdto2012 wrote:Thanks for sharing this,  I think CS had posted a while back about this on lab rats,  but human success is even more useful.  The reason I post is to highlight  the theme of micro wounding as a successful process.  This includes laser micro burns, high voltage micro lighting burns (tesla wand type) , needling, and my treatments with hard pressing and wire brushing.   Sounds tough, but skin regeneration is key, and pain for gain is here to stay.

These treatments should inflict bruising that lasts.  Needling can, but here are plenty of instructions on how to do this safely.

Great points! Pain for gain does seem to be a very effective process! I know there are some new treatments on the horizon that are using micro wounding.

Hairbeback wrote:If you try it let us know the results

Of course! However, it doesn't appear that this is a well-known procedure at the moment. But it doesn't look very complicated, hopefully more doctors pick up on it.

cantstopwontstop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top