Hairbeback

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McDonald fries may cure baldness.

Post  CampOfDavid on Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:17 am

Hairbeback wrote:Heading to the drive thru Very Happy

Lol Very Happy

Here is another article on it:
http://www.businessinsider.com/dimethylpolysiloxane-in-mcdonalds-fries-could-cure-baldness-2018-2
CampOfDavid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:39 am

Hairbeback wrote:Heading to the drive thru Very Happy

Very Happy
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thissucks on Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:24 pm

Time to take a bath in a fryer Cool

thissucks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless on Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:46 am

Seriously, I am considering mushing up fries in my blender and applying it to my head now. Do you need a side order of stem cells to go along with the fres? Maybe the chemical in the fries will kick-start what remaining stem cells we already have left in our scalp. Worth a try, no?

shaftless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:24 pm

Since we have a lot of people who do not have English as their first language, it is worth saving someone from hair Armageddon. Do not be a fool and rub hydrogenated grease into your scalp. The article says that the donor cells were grown in the chemical, not that the chemical has anything to do with reversing MPB. Mice do not have MPB.

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback on Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:14 am

cdto2012 wrote:Since we have a lot of people who do not have English as their first language,  it is worth saving someone from hair Armageddon.  Do not be a fool and rub hydrogenated grease into your scalp.  The article says that the donor cells were grown in the chemical, not that the chemical has anything to do with reversing MPB.  Mice do not have MPB.  

exactly

Hairbeback

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless on Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:51 am

I don't see your point. If donor stem cells began growing hair follicles in this particular chemical then it definitely has some connection. I'm suspecting that our scalps might still have left-over stem cells from dying or dead follicles. So what is the difference? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't all our hair follicles start from stem cells in the base of the follicle? If remnants of those stem cells are still there then isn't it the same thing what the researchers did?

shaftless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:33 pm

Well, glad you asked. Basically in the lab the scientists used a silicone like substance, to build a chip that allowed oxygen to pass through it, so that the hair follicles could grow. If you mix silicone with grease you will get no oxygen flow, and certainly no specialized configuration that allows regrow. The chemical was not mixed with the flesh, it was like using a plastic container to grow a hydroponic plant.
Just because computer chips, glass, and fake tits all contain silicone, does not mean that you can fix your computer with fake tits.

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/ingredient-in-mcdonalds-fries-key-to-curing-baldness-researchers-find/

"Dimethylpolysiloxane is added to the oil in McDonalds to prevent the oil from foaming up and spitting at employees, for their safety. If it were to land on you, it would cause burns, not cure your baldness "

https://www.medgadget.com/2018/02/oxygen-permeable-silicone-chip-allows-mass-production-hair-producing-tissue.html

"However, the key to this successful culture lies in the custom vessels the team designed. These vessels take the form of a microwell array chip that permits oxygen to permeate the cultures and allows the team to grow a large number of HFGs at once."

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless on Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:07 am

OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH!!! I liken this silicone component (that allows oxygen to pass freely) to oxygen-rich blood plasma. The dermal papilla cells are the original stem cells we still have in our scalp. But they are suffering. And the hair follicles that they produced are suffering. Possibly from a lack of oxygen amongst other things. Smearing oxygen-rich blood plasma all over your scalp introduces more oxygen to the hair follicles. YEA AND VERILY!!! This silicone may do the same thing by changing the "substrate" conditions of our scalp skin...allowing more oxygen to permeate the surrounding skin of our damaged hair follicles and any remaining dermal papilla cells. Ok, all kidding aside doesn't that have just a pinch of truth to it? Also, wouldn't these new hair follicles that the researchers have grown still be subjected to the same androgenic forces that played havoc with the original follicles?

shaftless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:46 am

If you really want to do an educated process, see about getting pure Dimethylpolysiloxane. Then research if there is any realistic way to increase oxygen supply with it.

My suspicion is that it is like sand ( silicone dioxide) vs silicone computer chips. It is about a precision lab process vs a simple chemical compound that can be added to grease to keep it from splattering.

I have done plenty of risky experiments on my scalp, but I have very well considered the components and risks. Fortunately I think I have gotten a way to attract platelet rich plasma and stimulated stem cells with pressing. Best of luck with a well educated process.

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down