Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Inflammation - Best supplements to counteract

Go down

Inflammation - Best supplements to counteract

Post  The Hulk on Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:58 pm

Can anyone share what the best supplements are to counteract inflammation? I seem to be someone predisposed to inflammation and it is always a battle for me.
I have been taking resveratrol, curcumin, quercetin and fish oil for years and I am very certain these have helped tremendously, but is there anything else (that's proven to work) that I can add?
Thanks!

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Inflammation - Best supplements to counteract

Post  imprisoned-radical on Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:59 pm

The Hulk wrote:Can anyone share what the best supplements are to counteract inflammation? I seem to be someone predisposed to inflammation and it is always a battle for me.
I have been taking resveratrol, curcumin, quercetin and fish oil for years and I am very certain these have helped tremendously, but is there anything else (that's proven to work) that I can add?
Thanks!

In addition to the ones you mentioned, I would add green tea and dark chocolate. Cacao is known to have several cardiovascular benefits, as well as anti-inflammatory effects.

Whole foods also have been better than supplements or extracts for me. Raw broccoli and red onions, even in moderate amounts, have been the best.

Aside from adding anti-inflammatory foods and supplements, you might consider whether there are pro-inflammatory foods in your current diet?

Several years ago there was a lot of discussion on this forum about the relationship between gut microflora and the immune system. Probiotics might be helpful in restoring a balanced microflora and improving overall gut health, and thereby reduce systemic inflammation.

I have not had any noticeable benefits from probiotics, but probably this would vary on an individual basis.

imprisoned-radical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bocor on Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:08 am

I would recommend combination of blueberry juice concentrate and tart cherry juice concentrate

bocor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:07 pm

Thanks very much guys!
I think more and more research is coming out on gut health and it's importance.

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:10 pm

Myself I'm not really big on supplements to tackle inflammation, instead I eliminate specific lifestyle factors I know lead to an enhanced inflammatory response. One of many is sleep deprivation. However, if you are suffering a flare up I recommend you remedy it by directly applying cold water, as this leads to vasoconstriction of capillaries and reduces the number of neutrophils being released into surrounding interstitial fluid and tissues. In fact, the vasoconstricting effects of cold water also counteract the vasodilatory effects of bradykinin and histamine, both of which also lead to swelling and synthesis of prostaglandins.

As I've mentioned before, if I exercise too much, I produce too much histamine, and I suffer itchiness in my back, shoulders, and of course balding areas. I will literally start thinning typically within a week from grueling exercise, yet if I apply cold water to my scalp it reduces the itch and inflammation to almost zero. This is because of what I mentioned about temporary vasoconstrictory effects on capillary walls and consequent suppression of immune cells.

Cold water really works miracles in counteracting inflammation, and why it is natural for us to resort to using it to remedy burns (inflammation).

Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down