Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Idea on silicon gel

Go down

Idea on silicon gel

Post  bocor on Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:45 am

So i was originally interested in silicon scar gel because it upregulates basic fibroblast growth factor which helps grow hair but this stuff is documented to diminish scars in effect reversing fibrosis so im thinking of using this topically at night before
Bed with say an occlusive wrap to tackle the fibrosis angle?

bocor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Idea on silicon gel

Post  Smurfy on Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:21 am

Interesting approach. Do you think scalp skin that looks shiny and tight could be a watered-down version of a general scar?
Smurfy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bocor on Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:49 am

I tend to think yes the shinyness could be just lots and lots of micro scars/fibrosis

bocor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:42 am

Wounds. 2017 May;29(5):154-158.
Review of Silicone Gel Sheeting and Silicone Gel for the Prevention of Hypertrophic Scars and Keloids.
Hsu KC1, Luan CW2, Tsai YW3.

BACKGROUND:
Keloids and hypertrophic scars are fibroproliferative disorders of dermal tissue after skin injury. Many clinical control studies have reported evidence that silicone gel is effective in preventing and alleviating hypertrophic scarring. Whether silicone gel sheeting prevents hypertrophic scars or keloids requires clear evidence of its clinical effectiveness.

OBJECTIVE:
This review investigated the effectiveness of silicone gel and silicone gel sheeting for the prevention of hypertrophic or keloid scarring in patients with newly healed wounds.

METHODS:
The authors searched the MEDLINE, EMBASE, CINAHL, and CENTRAL databases (January 1, 1990 to September 24, 2014) for any randomized or quasi-randomized controlled trials or controlled clinical trials comparing silicone gel sheeting or silicone gel with a control group for prevention of hypertrophic scars or keloids. All collected trials were assessed for methodological quality, control group and treatment group, and number of participants developing hypertrophic scars and keloids. The authors calculated risk ratios (RR) from each trial for the development of abnormal scarring and combined these using random-effects model meta-analysis. Between-study heterogeneity was calculated by using the I2 statistic.

RESULTS:
Ten trials in 9 studies were pooled (random effect; I = 88%). There was a significant difference between the silicone gel sheeting group and the placebo group (RR 0.70; 95% confidence interval, 0.49-0.99; P = .04) in preventing the risk of hypertrophic scars.

CONCLUSION:
There was statistical significance in the effectiveness of silicone gel and silicone gel sheeting on the prevention of keloids or hypertrophic scars, especially in skin lesion wounds. However, most of the trials evaluating silicone gel sheeting or silicone gel as a prevention of hypertrophic scars and keloids had poor quality with high or uncertain risk of biases either in study design or in conduct.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:22 am

I remember some videos on the regeneration of keloid scars. Basically they are formed when there is stretching stress on the skin. If I remember correctly the scars were healed with cuts that removed the stress on the skin. Just found the video, it was very informative.

Dr Rei Ogawa: Mechanotherapy for a New Era in Medicine and Possibility of Hair Regenration

https://youtu.be/nnmT3qGb-FI?t=34m10s

The reason that I write is that I have used needling, hard pressing, and wire brushing to assist in hair regrow. Interesting how needling and other mechanical methods are used to treat scars. With the wire brushing, it is hard and painful. Enough to strip the paint off a car. Instead of a calloused hardened or scarred skin, my skin is very healthy with circulation and I think regenerative platlet rich plasma and stem cell regeneration. Most importantly , regrowing hairs.

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down