Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Vitamin K2 dosing and interactions

Go down

Vitamin K2 dosing and interactions

Post  Benjamin Button on Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:56 am

So, I've been obsessed with vitamins for a few years now, and one of the "superstar" vitamins has to be K2. BUT it also happens to be one of the most expensive, and that was enough to determine my dose as whatever I could afford. (often this was no K2 at all!)

Now, I have a job and I can afford to drop some cash on this stuff after years of being broke. The Thorne K2 recommends 45 drops a day which is 45mg! which seems like a lot compared to the minuscule doses found in other brands.

My first instinct is to go hell for leather and get the K2 benefits. But I have some questions:

>>> Do I need to take a specific ratio of K2 with manesium and Vitamin D?

>>> I read before that Vitamin E and Vitamin K, deplete each other... Is that true? should I cycle them?

>>> How much K2 should I take, money aside?
Benjamin Button

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vitamin K2 dosing and interactions

Post  CausticSymmetry on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:37 am

Just my 2 cents. Academia has a narrow view like a laser-focused lens. They think in terms of pharmacology without understanding that true vitamin E is a family of 8 isomers and not a single high-dose isolation of a synthetic derivative.

For example dl-alpha tocopherol in high doses will affect some nutrients (tocotrienols and vitamin K1 converstion to MK-4), however, taking more modest doses of the entire family will yield better results.

Also, pastured-fed butter is a great way to get K2. There's really no need to super dose it.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback on Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:57 pm

Yes sir, I was on a Vitamin K2 rush myself, I was so close to buying Japanese NON-GMO Natto, a Japanese fermented dish I never tried, it has over a 1,000 milligrams of Vitamin K2 per ounce or something like that....don't quote me. I haven't gotten it yet, but I will try it soon. Apparently it smells really bad from the reviews I met and taste bad also, some people got used to it.

Caustic is right, Grass Fed Butter, Cheeses have pretty good amounts of Vitamin K2. I think Gouda and Guyere cheese have pretty solid amounts of K2 per ounce

Hairbeback

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down