Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Teslabrush

Go down

Teslabrush

Post  Beowulf on Sun May 20, 2018 9:22 am

Hey guys,

I came across this on the http://www.folliclethought.com/home/ website, which seems to be very up to date on future potential hair loss treatments, and they recommend this thing called a Teslabrush (from http://www.newhairnewme.com/ ). I see it's been out for a few years, and was curious to hear if anyone here has any experience with it.

Cheers!

Beowulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Teslabrush

Post  Southbeach on Sun May 20, 2018 1:12 pm

Looks like a cleverly redesigned Violet Ray, which has a comb attachment. Their explanation of why it works is identical to what you would hear with a standard Violet Ray. No reason not to use it, but why spend more money than needed ??

Southbeach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Beebrox on Sun May 20, 2018 4:28 pm

Looks interesting, but would it's not only thing to rely on...

Battery powered, is what i personally like the most about that product, and it also look the electrodes are designed so there is no 1 point discharge, but many point, which is a plus too. There is a curvature on the electrode shape, that modulates intensity, regardless of human skull shape. Wonder if there is any special detail that guided them, or there is just free design feature to it...
Reading their site - addressing cleansing of the scalp, massage, nutrition, and stress management is where they can get majority of the bonus, what is regularly expected from a regular violet ray.

Examining technical specification of the product, there is not a lot to say, but that they use 100+Hz frequency pulsing train. It's out of biological window of expecting decent brain side effects, imo. However the choice is probably due practical reasons of dosing enough energy in 15 min...

What's medical to it, it's only medical electrical safety, covered in ISO 60601 family, which is for me a recognized good practice while applying small electrical shocks with high voltage, low current. But have in mind that other standard for home appliances are less likely to allow sparking the skin...

Their clinical evaluation is not done in accordance of appropriate standard or methodology, or not finished yet or not an interest of theirs. If it would (they had a gathered credible evidence), it would be far more convincing for me. They maybe are getting data, or approaching it already, or found a failure that is preventing them from succeeding the regulatory demands that come from the ISO 14155...

That said, despite a product being a very good attempt, for me personally, there is still no reason to tell, what they claim, was entirely objective, although i share view that electrical approach has a lot more to offer, in comparison to supplementation strategy only.

If somebody read their disclaimer, there is less confidence there, and they even exclude themselves from cosmetics. I can see it as a risk management strategy for their business, but makes me wonder why risk management was not done for a device itself as would increase their credibility and lead them towards ''medical'' industry (the same as ISO 14155 would for clinical efficacy). It would help me  enormously to know ISO 14971 is methodology that guides the R&D processes, that was followed. In that case we would know they are gathering data from the post marketing (maybe including this post) to improve their product further.

I still think best (long term) results are to be expected when individual triggers (unique) are addressed, and this comes from a guy who redesigned a few of the violet rays already, and already has the positive experience. The results, even positive were apparently not good enough approach (or practical) for a busy man.

Identifying what this triggers might be, could be better  3x15min idea (attempt) on a daily basis using this site content and credible posters posts and google search for guidance as the side effects are systemic. I checked http://www.folliclethought.com/ briefly and see the regrowth is mainly cell cultivation oriented or pharma based, although we have (cheaper, or maybe safer) alternatives for many of underlying mechanisms already presented...

That said would track follicle thought as well, as it's better organized than IH forum site.

Beebrox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Beebrox on Sun May 20, 2018 4:47 pm

some insights of their study years ago.
Note - Clients with severe scalp disease and scaring were not included in the study.

Nine clients were categorized according
to the class of there hair loss

sample size:
One with class 7 hair loss
Six with class 5 hair loss
Two with class 3 hair loss

They have 1-7 baldness classification.

and they dont allow me to put a mail in their message box.

Beebrox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bh1546 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:42 pm

I have used the tesla brush for a while and believe it is well worth the 200 bucks. I thought of buying a spare just in case they quit making them. They are well built. I use it mostly for massaging as the glass diodes grab onto your scalp. It is also good for scalp kneeding. Add that to its main purpose i have been very pleased. I have been rough with massaging and it has held up strong

bh1546

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Beowulf on Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:40 am

Thanks for the input, everyone! That's a very small sample size...

@bh1546 I see, I may buy one when I have some cash to spare. Have you noticed any results from it? A stop in shedding or any regrowth?

Beowulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bh1546 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:04 am

Added with everything I do it surely helped with scalp elasticity. I can pull and tug on my hair and there is not paint. Before it would feel like i would rip my hair out. After you use the electrical diodes initially you will get some sore spots so I feel like it possibly kills things on in your pores or roots but like i said it is worth its money just as a massage tool for me.

bh1546

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum