FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Would this Homemade Broth Contain Too Many Oxalates?

Go down

Would this Homemade Broth Contain Too Many Oxalates?

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:22 am

Hey everyone!!

I was thinking to make a kind of herbal tea...I guess you could call it.  So I'm going to make it the same way I make my onion broth I posted on a few weeks ago, but with this tea thing I'm using herbs with more oxalates.

If I just boil some water and put a bunch of parsley, cilantro, rosemary, etc. whatever other herbs I can find and drink this after boiling, the oxalic acids I read leech out into the water, and whenever I read about boiling things like spinach (which admittedly has a much higher level of oxalic acids), they always say to throw the water out because of this.

Basically, would a lot of oxalates leech out into the water and make this a bad idea to drink?  I know that normal people don't really have to worry about this if they are healthy and stuff and I guess drink a lot of water.

If this is a good idea I might just combine my onion broth with this herbal broth for convenience.

Also if anyone can suggest the most healthy way of cooking it I'd like to hear it, right now I'm thinking to just boil it for a few minutes maybe and then let it cook on warm/low with a cover on it for maybe 30 minutes or an hour or two or whatever.  I'm going to strain the solids out and just drink the leftover liquid like I do with my onion broth, so it's basically a tea I guess.

Tell me what you guys think, thanks!

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down