FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

SOOO confused by younger millenial men (no hairloss and light body hair across the board?)

Go down

SOOO confused by younger millenial men (no hairloss and light body hair across the board?)

Post  blahblahblah on Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:09 am

I ride in public transportation at least two hours a day, listening to podcasts. I have a lot of time to look around. I live in an East Coast metropolitan city that attracts people from all over the U.S.

What I've noticed is that younger millenial men (like 24-28) tend to have NO hairloss. Not only NO hairloss, but their hair INSANELY thick. I don't understand it at all. Also, their arm tends to be blonde/transparant, no matter what color their head hair is.

I think with older Millenial men like me (now 35), we associate the balding with the thick, dark arm hair developing as the hair on the head falls out. These guys all have that light/see through arm hair that seems to correlate with having thick hair with perfect hairlines.

But these past couple of weeks, it's just sunk in. The guys just have insanely thick hair. I am mostly looking at white people.

A lot of them have that style where it's cut really short around the sides or shaved and then on top, it's like a frickin' thick mass of hair.

I feel like a lot of guys my age (older millenials) started losing hair early whereas these guys are late 20s and they all look like they could be hair models.

My only guess is that they are more into fitness? Most of them appear to work out, but even some of the out-of-shape ones have the same insanely think hair. I used to exercise a lot and was pretty fit up until my early 20s but then stopped due to the lack of transportation and interest and I think I've paid the price.

Has anyone else noticed this?

blahblahblah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOOO confused by younger millenial men (no hairloss and light body hair across the board?)

Post  blahblahblah on Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:32 am

I want to add another thought. This may sound bizarre but I know this board likes having open discussion.

"Older" millenial men like me brought in the spiky hair look, where we'd use gel to get our hair spiked up. We later switched to pomade or other stuff to give our hair some lift. We were heavy users of hair product

However, around 2004-5 it became VERY unpopular for men to wear hair products. I remember distinctly being in a college lecture hair, with my hair styled to the nines, that some woman said something very disparaging about how my hair smelled (I guess it had some artificial fragrance? It probably wasn't that bad, but I was 20 and was deeply embarrased) only to go to NYC later that month and have two guys call my hair "gay."

Suffice to say, I stopped styling my hair and wore a hat for about a year. And yeah, that's when the hair fall started.

HOWEVER, I don't think young millenial men ever had to deal with the weird cultural/gay issues with styling their hair. They've used styling products from when they were young and never stopped. The styles they all sport nowadays (and I assume 99.9 percent are straight) would be considered SO GAY 8-10 years ago, but are now in vogue.

I still think demodex are in play. Demodex don't like stuff suffocating them...like gels or pomades. Plus, not wearing hats ensure yours hair/scalp is always exposed to sunlight.

blahblahblah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SOOO confused by younger millenial men (no hairloss and light body hair across the board?)

Post  Southbeach on Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:02 pm

[b][I actually see quite the opposite in the college aged -at least in Central Florida, ie more Androgenetic Alopecia than ever, despite Propecia being out there for years. On that note I see the most hair loss in the caucasian country music crowd, versus others. ie hipsters, surfers, ..maybe its all that beer and barbecue.. /b]

Southbeach

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  growhairgrow on Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:53 am

Could be the fact that finasteride is increasingly more mainstream these days along with minoxidil, it's prescribed daily by anyone with a concern about hairloss and basically 99% of young people will have a concern about it these days were image matters so much. So fin usage is going throught the roof. Reduction of DHT may help in not developing body hair as well as keeping great hair due avoiding DHT damage. Fin and minox is the best known combo against hairloss at the end of the day.

I also doubt using gels or pommades matters at all, they don't touch the scalp.

growhairgrow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down