Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Diabetes and Increased Body Hair

Go down

Diabetes and Increased Body Hair

Post  helpmyhair1 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:48 am

I was recently diagnosed with diabetes, and I have noticed that since then, I've had a noticable increase in body hair both with thickness and also length. For example, I have some hair on my triceps that have grown quite long.. i don't remember them getting that long.

I remember reading on this forum somewhere about there being a connection between increased body hair and hairloss. Is there any validity to this? Is there a connection between diabetes and body hair? Is there anything I should do to decrease my body hair growth in order to save the hair on my head?

helpmyhair1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Diabetes and Increased Body Hair

Post  long hair on Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:36 pm

this guy start to loos his body hair after using cypro ..he also grow a full head of hair and have gyno.

www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/exploring-the-hormonal-route-hair-life.109288/
long hair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical on Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:16 am

helpmyhair1 wrote:I was recently diagnosed with diabetes, and I have noticed that since then, I've had a noticable increase in body hair both with thickness and also length. For example, I have some hair on my triceps that have grown quite long.. i don't remember them getting that long.

I remember reading on this forum somewhere about there being a connection between increased body hair and hairloss. Is there any validity to this? Is there a connection between diabetes and body hair? Is there anything I should do to decrease my body hair growth in order to save the hair on my head?

Sex hormone binding globulin and insulin resistance.
Wallace IR1, McKinley MC, Bell PM, Hunter SJ.
Author information
Abstract

Sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) is a glycoprotein composed of two 373-amino-acid subunits. The SHBG gene and a promotor region have been identified. The SHBG receptor has yet to be cloned but is known to act through a G-protein-linked second-messenger system following plasma membrane binding. The principal function of SHBG has traditionally been considered to be that of a transport protein for sex steroids, regulating circulating concentrations of free (unbound) hormones and their transport to target tissues. Recent research suggests that SHBG has functions in addition to the binding and transport of sex steroids. Observational studies have associated a low SHBG concentration with an increased incidence of type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM) independent of sex hormone levels in men and women. Genetic studies using Mendelian randomization analysis linking three single nucleotide polymorphisms of the SHBG gene to risk of developing type 2 DM suggest SHBG may have a role in the pathogenesis of type 2 DM. The correlation between SHBG and insulin resistance that is evident in a number of cross-sectional studies is in keeping with the suggestion that the association between SHBG and incidence of type 2 DM is explained by insulin resistance. Several potential mechanisms may account for this association, including the identification of dietary factors that influence SHBG gene transcription. Further research to characterize the SHBG-receptor and the SHBG second messenger system is required. An interventional study examining the effects on insulin resistance of altering SHBG concentrations may help in determining whether this association is causal.

Insulin resistance is associated with low SHBG (sex-hormone binding globulin). When SHBG is low, circulating androgens that would otherwise be bound to the SHBG is "free" and so there is more androgenic activity in the body.

I think Green Tea is supposed to help with increasing SHBG:
https://www.hairloss-research.org/LinkGreenTearaisesSHBG1-08.html

Studies have shown that those with AGA have lower circulating levels of SHBG compared to the non-balding controls.

imprisoned-radical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  1alexie on Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:53 pm

Will it be better if you consult your doctor about it?

1alexie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down