Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

My Hair Regrowth Journey

Go down

My Hair Regrowth Journey

Post  BasicName22 on Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:39 am

I have the typical male pattern baldness where i have a receeding hairline and a bald spot on my crown. However, I am also losing hair all over my head and lots of it, especially on the sides of my head (above my ear). I'm 99% sure I have Alopecia Areata.

How I stopped (or slowed down) hair loss
* New shampoo - (SLS FREE, all natural shampoo) my hair feels so much better after switching from my tresemee bottle. It actually cleared up the bumps and flakes I had in literally less than 10 days
* Scalp exfoliation - I bought a 10% salyicic acid liquid and applied it over my head before I showered. This basically exfoliates and cleans your scalp stripping it of the built up cosmetics and toxins that have been there for years. It also strips away the built up DHT on the scalp. (Do this rarely, maybe once ever 3-6 months)
* Dermaroller - I have a receeding hairline aswell and although the derma roller isn't helping much on my sides of of my head it is helping on my receding hairline. I got some small baby hairs that have grown in I'm assuming from the derma roller (note i use lavender oil after I dermaroller) (3 times a week) (I got the baby hairs to grow in 2 months ago but they've stayed the same length, I think maybe with constant stimulation and blood flow I can get them to start growing)
* healthier diet - I have a more balanced. Fruits and vegetables added.
* Reduced stress  
* Scalp massage - I use a boar bristle hair brush to stimulate my scalp by massaging it. This also helps reduce stress.
* Living green fish oil pills - I take this for bodybuilding but thought i'd list it here. it has fish oil, flax seed, saw palmetto. IDK if it's doing anything for hair loss but i'm taking them everyday so I thought I'd add it.

What i am going to do:
* See my doctor and get my blood work taken to see if there is an underlying cause.
* 48 hour Cleanse/detox - Basically it will clean your colon, liver and help normalize hormonal balance to healthy levels. I'm really looking forward to this. I have never done a cleanse/detox so I have years of built up toxins and other bad stuff in my body. I have read a few places that people with Alopecia Areata who have no hairs at all in certain spots completely smooth, after a detox and a diet change started to grow their hair back. Also the scalp exfoliation i did with the salycic acid did wonders so I'm assuming a cleanse will work wonders as well.
* peppermint oil (daily or 5 times a week) - I've seen studies showing that peppermint oil is a very good natural minoxidil alternative. The downside is that as you would apply minoxidil daily you need to apply peppermint oil daily. I really don't mind as my thinking is if I can hopefully grow back most of my hair all I would need to do is just prevent further hair loss which I'm doing pretty good so far. So I would just need to use this daily until it (if) grows back then I can slow down the usage.

I have 100% made my scalp much healthier as I do not have any flakes anymore, and do to the new shampoos among other things my hair is so much healthier and when I rub my hands through my hair most of the time no hairs fall out. My biggest suggestion to anyone for healthier hair is to right away look for sls free shampoos (side note- I also bought natural sls-free face wash and body wash and they worked so much better for my skin then the products I was using before. SLS is poision) And if you can get most of your flakes to go away from getting a better shampoo, then use the 10% salycic acid treatment to clean your scalp from years of toxins and built up dht. Then you can start using the boar bristle brush to massage your hair each day. (I read you shouldn't use boar bristle brush to massage your scalp if you have a ton of flakes on your scalp, so try and fix that before doing)

Sidenote: I am 19. I have had hair loss since I was 17. No progress pics because I want to remain anonymous. I have regrown some hairs on my receding hairline through the methods I've shared, but I have yet to regrow any hairs on the other parts of my scalp (alopecia areata). I have been using these methods for 3 months and my hair quality has improved tremendously in quality and much less hair loss. But the hair regrowth is minimal which sucks, But I'm convinced I can reverse most of it with the methods I am going to add. Having a healthy scalp and preventing hair loss is one thing. But hair regrowth is a whole other thing. I've accomplished a very healthy scalp and hair compared to what it was 3 months ago, it is a much better place for hair regrowth to start happening. And with the cleanse I think my scalp will be perfect for growing new hairs. Now I believe just need constant stimulation to my scalp to regrow the hairs.

I am going to the doctors tomorrow and I will be doing the cleanse/detox this weekend and starting peppermint oil soon. I will keep you all posted, as I am very excited for these next few weeks following my doctors appointment, cleanse, and peppermint oil.

If anyone has any advice, suggestions or questions please share

BasicName22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Hair Regrowth Journey

Post  BasicName22 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:50 pm

I have just been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism, which is what I believe is causing my hair loss.

I noticed I had hair loss, I made the mistake of taking propecia (doctor recommended) to fix my hair as it did nothing but give me side effects. However my hair loss was do to hyperthyroidism, so instead of taking pills and surgery to treat hyperthyroidism i am going to go a layer deeper  and see what is causing my hyperthyroidism it can be a simple diet change and everything can be back to good.

My advice, ALWAYS look for the underlying problem and once you find it try to see if that has an underlying problem. There has to be something causing your hair loss. My opinion is that some people are predisposed to be more sensitive to certain things which can cause balding but I think there is a reason for each person going bald. I've read so many stories of people having lifestyle or diet changes and their hair goes back to the way it was within a year. Try your best to figure it out instead of taking generic hair loss medicine that doesn't work well and just gives you side effects and takes money from you. Try and figure out what is causing the hair loss and eliminate that.

I'm going to a naturopathic doctor (something I've just heard about) and were going to look at my diet and my lifestyle and go deeper to what is causing this and address that problem and my thinking is everything will go back to normal after a year or 2.

I will do my best to keep posted. Hopefully I will start seeing some results in a few months even the slightest results and I will post here.

Good luck everyone

BasicName22

View user profile

Back to top Go down