Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Removing Calcification from the Scalp?

Go down

Removing Calcification from the Scalp?

Post  helpmyhair1 on Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:58 pm

I have reason to believe I have a calcified scalp. Whenever I do scalp massage, I can hear lots of crunching going on, especially when i massage below the palms of my hands. Also my scalp is hard at the beginning of the massage, but loosens up by the end. By nighttime, my scalp is hardened again and I have to "crunch" it again with massage to loosen it up.

What can we do to get rid of calcification in the scalp to provide an optimal environment that isn't tight for hair to grow?

I am already taking vitamin k2, but with no luck. Anyone try vinegar on the scalp with success?

helpmyhair1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Removing Calcification from the Scalp?

Post  Cruied7 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:42 am

I have the same problem when I start a deep tissue massage on my scalp.

Sent from Topic'it App
Cruied7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:41 am

helpmyhair1 wrote:I have reason to believe I have a calcified scalp. Whenever I do scalp massage, I can hear lots of crunching going on, especially when i massage below the palms of my hands. Also my scalp is hard at the beginning of the massage, but loosens up by the end. By nighttime, my scalp is hardened again and I have to "crunch" it again with massage to loosen it up.

What can we do to get rid of calcification in the scalp to provide an optimal environment that isn't tight for hair to grow?

I am already taking vitamin k2, but with no luck. Anyone try vinegar on the scalp with success?

Very popular topic it seems. And it is very relevant it seems, particularly in advanced hair loss.

Vitamin K2 is just one of many potential interventions.

Magnesium converts calcium into solution, but there is more.  Restricting dietary magnesium accelerates ectopic connective tissue mineralization in a mouse model of pseudoxanthoma elasticum (Abcc6–/–).

In somewhat rare cases, Pseudoxanthoma elasticum-like papillary dermal elastolysis in frontal fibrosing alopecia. Imagine ectopic calcification, that could cause rather severe calcification. And there is a relatively simple fix (at least in mice).

Of interested is this paper:

https://www.jidonline.org/article/S0022-202X(17)31665-2/fulltext

And on a different set of circumstances if the parathyroid gland (if abnormal can cause hypercalcification), but then on the other hand, in normal parathyroid conditions, a deficiency of vitamin D can cause a subclinical level of pyrophosphate, which would lead to calcification.

Either way, taking vitamin D (with a normal parathyroid gland) should always consider magnesium and other co-factors, such as K2.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 on Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:53 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:
helpmyhair1 wrote:I have reason to believe I have a calcified scalp. Whenever I do scalp massage, I can hear lots of crunching going on, especially when i massage below the palms of my hands. Also my scalp is hard at the beginning of the massage, but loosens up by the end. By nighttime, my scalp is hardened again and I have to "crunch" it again with massage to loosen it up.

Very popular topic it seems. And it is very relevant it seems, particularly in advanced hair loss.

Vitamin K2 is just one of many potential interventions.

Magnesium converts calcium into solution, but there is more.  Restricting dietary magnesium accelerates ectopic connective tissue mineralization in a mouse model of pseudoxanthoma elasticum (Abcc6–/–).

In somewhat rare cases, Pseudoxanthoma elasticum-like papillary dermal elastolysis in frontal fibrosing alopecia. Imagine ectopic calcification, that could cause rather severe calcification. And there is a relatively simple fix (at least in mice).

Of interested is this paper:

https://www.jidonline.org/article/S0022-202X(17)31665-2/fulltext

And on a different set of circumstances if the parathyroid gland (if abnormal can cause hypercalcification), but then on the other hand, in normal parathyroid conditions, a deficiency of vitamin D can cause a subclinical level of pyrophosphate, which would lead to calcification.

Either way, taking vitamin D (with a normal parathyroid gland) should always consider magnesium and other co-factors, such as K2.

I’m already taking 200 - 400 mg of Magnesium Glycinate per day. What type of magnesium do you recommend and at what dosage for this purpose?

I also take vitamin D. So with k2, magnesium, and vitamin D, im still getting the calcification. What else can I do?

helpmyhair1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down