Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

The truth about Seanol and ecklonia cava extract

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The truth about Seanol and ecklonia cava extract

Post  m. fred on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:13 am

[b]
curt504 wrote:Anyone look at this source of supposed pure EC?

http://www.eckloniacava.com/online_store.html

At this point in time and question re purity vs cost, is there a recommendation of vendor and product? I was about to buy from iHerb
http://www.iherb.com/Doctor-s-Best-FibroBoost-400-mg-90-Veggie-Caps/15663?at=0

curt

I just emailed eckoniacava.com and asked them what the difference was between their product and seanol-f, and here's how they replied:

Thank you for your interest in our Ecklonia Cava Extract. As per your question in the difference between our ECE and Seanol.

- Seanol-F consist of 13% polyphenols derived from the Ecklonia Cava Plant and
87% Dextrin.
Our product consists of 98.8% full spectrum Ecklonia Cava Extract.

- Seanol use an alcohol extraction process
We use a water extraction process


So it's still unclear whether or not the specific polyphenols derivatives are better for you than the whole plant extract, but I'm definitely leaning towards the products at eckloniacava.com at this point.

m. fred

Posts: 2
Join date: 2011-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The truth about Seanol and ecklonia cava extract

Post  theseeker on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:22 am

Is the one that's on CS's regime still the best one to use?

theseeker

Posts: 85
Join date: 2010-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The truth about Seanol and ecklonia cava extract

Post  CausticSymmetry on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:30 am

It depends on who you ask.

Either way, the pure stuff is cheaper here:

http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t4310-immortal-hair-supplement-line-now-available-pricing-information


_________________
My regimen
http://www.immortalhair.org/mpbregimen.htm

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/hairconsultation.htm

CausticSymmetry
Admin

Posts: 10790
Join date: 2008-07-09

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: The truth about Seanol and ecklonia cava extract

Post  theseeker on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:03 am

So would the Pure extract be better then the fibroboost one? Or is it just a case of it being cheaper with the benefit of it being perhaps better?

I recently purchased the fibro one but if the pure is a lot more effective I'll go with that.

theseeker

Posts: 85
Join date: 2010-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The truth about Seanol and ecklonia cava extract

Post  nidhogge on Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:55 am

Ours is the pure one--CS and I had a choice to make. Piggy-back off of FibroBoost's popularity and simply carry the same exact extract that they do (Seanol-F) or give the full-spectrum, pure version of Eckonia Cava. We chose the pure version. It is always best to get the full spectrum, as isolating particular strains and amplifying them in a capsule is what pharmaceuticals do, and it is unnatural. Also, fillers like dextrin and magnesium stearate are not good in the long-term for the body.

Master Herbalist Roger Drummer had a good deal to say about Pure Ecklonia Cava vs. FibroBoost--I'll post that up when I have some more time tomorrow or this weekend.

_________________
Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Posts: 2144
Join date: 2008-07-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The truth about Seanol and ecklonia cava extract

Post  m. fred on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:15 am

theseeker wrote:So would the Pure extract be better then the fibroboost one? Or is it just a case of it being cheaper with the benefit of it being perhaps better?

I recently purchased the fibro one but if the pure is a lot more effective I'll go with that.

I just sent a follow up question to the folks at eckloniacava.com. Here's what I asked:

"In the studies cited on your website, what kind of Ecklonia Cava Extract was used-- your ECE, or Seanol-f. Or was it something else? I've heard of Seanol-P. What's that?"

Here's the reply I got back (very quick response, I might add):

On our site, Ecklonia Cava Extract was use and not Seanol; however, studies done with Seanol have shown similar effect. The difference is that you need to take over 7 times the amount of Seanol-F to yield the same results. Seanol-P is the pure version of Seanol. It is 95% pure but is also about $2400 per kilo. I've never heard of anybody using it. In my experiences when you use a hydrocarbon to do botanical extractions it always leaves impurities. I'm not quite certain if this would be the case with Seanol-P.


To be fair, I haven't asked the same questions of the people who make Fibroboost, But this pretty much settles it for me. I'm ordering from eckloniacava.com. These guys seem to have a real commitment to offering a higher quality product. And EC seems to have adaptogenic qualities, like ginseng or ashwagandha. Herbs like this are always better consumed in as close to their natural state as possible, because the healing reaction depends on many components of the plant working in a synergistic whole. I don't want a bunch of corn fillers, and I don't want something that's been extracted with alcohol-- you gotta figure that damages the phytochemicals.

m. fred

Posts: 2
Join date: 2011-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The truth about Seanol and ecklonia cava extract

Post  theseeker on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:31 am

Is the one that you are talking about the same pure version of Eckonia Cava that nidhogge was referring too?

theseeker

Posts: 85
Join date: 2010-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The truth about Seanol and ecklonia cava extract

Post  scottyc33 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:47 pm

m. fred wrote: Herbs like this are always better consumed in as close to their natural state as possible, because the healing reaction depends on many components of the plant working in a synergistic whole. I don't want a bunch of corn fillers, and I don't want something that's been extracted with alcohol-- you gotta figure that damages the phytochemicals.

Totally agree.


_________________
Immortal Hair Supplement Line - Ortho Nutrition
Antioxidant Boost (Resveratrol, Curcumin, Sulforaphane)
R-ALA
Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Posts: 1131
Join date: 2008-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The truth about Seanol and ecklonia cava extract

Post  scottyc33 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:48 pm

theseeker wrote:Is the one that you are talking about the same pure version of Eckonia Cava that nidhogge was referring too?

The stuff on eckloniacava.com and the Immortal Hair / nidhogge stuff are the same extract.


scottyc33

Posts: 1131
Join date: 2008-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The truth about Seanol and ecklonia cava extract

Post  nidhogge on Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:36 pm

Yea guys--the "Pure Eckonia Cava" supplement sold on this forum IS EckloniaCava.com's extract. Far as I know, we offer the best price on the stuff around. 320mg a day for $28.49 for 3-day supply.

_________________
Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Posts: 2144
Join date: 2008-07-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ABSORPTION

Post  B2DF on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:58 am

Someone earlier was wondering how to make topical absorption more effective. From personal experience, nothing beats DMSO : you can smell it on your breath within seconds of application. It is also the best possible first-aid for burns and bruises.

B2DF

Posts: 1
Join date: 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The truth about Seanol and ecklonia cava extract

Post  nidhogge on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:15 am

B2DF--

DMSO isn't for topical absorption--it's for SYSTEMIC absorption. If you want to get something into your bloodstream, then use DMSO. Liposomal preparations are optimal for getting things where we want them topically.

_________________
Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Posts: 2144
Join date: 2008-07-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The truth about Seanol and ecklonia cava extract

Post  bh2o on Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:26 am

m. fred wrote:
theseeker wrote:So would the Pure extract be better then the fibroboost one? Or is it just a case of it being cheaper with the benefit of it being perhaps better?

I recently purchased the fibro one but if the pure is a lot more effective I'll go with that.

I just sent a follow up question to the folks at eckloniacava.com. Here's what I asked:

"In the studies cited on your website, what kind of Ecklonia Cava Extract was used-- your ECE, or Seanol-f. Or was it something else? I've heard of Seanol-P. What's that?"

Here's the reply I got back (very quick response, I might add):

On our site, Ecklonia Cava Extract was use and not Seanol; however, studies done with Seanol have shown similar effect. The difference is that you need to take over 7 times the amount of Seanol-F to yield the same results. Seanol-P is the pure version of Seanol. It is 95% pure but is also about $2400 per kilo. I've never heard of anybody using it. In my experiences when you use a hydrocarbon to do botanical extractions it always leaves impurities. I'm not quite certain if this would be the case with Seanol-P.


To be fair, I haven't asked the same questions of the people who make Fibroboost, But this pretty much settles it for me. I'm ordering from eckloniacava.com. These guys seem to have a real commitment to offering a higher quality product. And EC seems to have adaptogenic qualities, like ginseng or ashwagandha. Herbs like this are always better consumed in as close to their natural state as possible, because the healing reaction depends on many components of the plant working in a synergistic whole. I don't want a bunch of corn fillers, and I don't want something that's been extracted with alcohol-- you gotta figure that damages the phytochemicals.

How does this apply to Sensoril vs. full spectrum ashwagandha. Sensoril has studies to back it up yet I do belive that it is best to take a full spectrum. IDK I guess we just have to try out different things?

For those that have tried both the 98% EC and the seanol-f/fibroboost. Could you comment on which one you think is more effective hair and health wise?

bh2o

Posts: 293
Join date: 2011-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The truth about Seanol and ecklonia cava extract

Post  CausticSymmetry on Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:46 am

I've been using Ecklonia Cava since 2006, essentially from the moment it was available for commercial purchase.

Having used both for long periods of time. I am convinced that the pure extract is better. Remember than Fibroboost is mostly filler with the remainder a concentrated form of the polyphenols.

They are both good products, however I am happier with the full extract, hence I use my own brand (Ortho-Nutrition). I keep a supply of Fibroboost as well whenever I find myself out of the full extract.


_________________
My regimen
http://www.immortalhair.org/mpbregimen.htm

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/hairconsultation.htm

CausticSymmetry
Admin

Posts: 10790
Join date: 2008-07-09

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: The truth about Seanol and ecklonia cava extract

Post  NeonMonk on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:32 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Please do not buy Doctor's Best Ecklonia cava/Fibroboost. For reasons unknown it doesn't seem to be effective. Buy Nutricology/Allergy Research Group instead.
I second this. I recently purchased 2 bottles of Doctor's Best Fibroboost but I had been using Nutricology Fibroboost for months. With Nutricology one thing was that i'd wake up in the middle of the night with intense boners (not joking) haha! Also I had better blood flow to the scalp when doing manual methods on Nutricology. It really did seem to help. But with Doctor's Best, I don't get that. And another thing, I just felt in a better overall mood on Nutricology (however this may obviously be placebo). Once I get through the Docotor's Best, I'm jumping back on Nutricology or may get a few bottles of Ortho Nutrition EC to try.

I should have done more research before I purchased Doctor's Best. I only came across this post after trying it and not getting the same results as with Nutricology.

Just putting this post out there for others thinking of Doctor's Best. I would recommend another source.

NeonMonk

Posts: 65
Join date: 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum