Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP) for topical use

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP) for topical use

Post  CausticSymmetry on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:51 pm

Thought I would start a thread on MAP instead of hijacking Prague's "My hairline is getting crazy" post.

Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, if you're not aware is the most superior form of vitamin C available for the purposes of topical use. The reason is because other forms of vitamin C are subject to oxidation and are highly unstable when used topically.

Also, MAP is absorbent through the skin prevents the aging of skin, theoretically up to 150%. MAP is essentially like a teleromase activator in the sense that it aids the survival of telomeres allowing 150% more cell divisions in skin cells.

Of course, it's the hair growth that is the point of this thread so if anyone has already tried it tell us how you are applying it.

I have found that soaking MAP into some 99% DMSO liquid dissolves it into a clear solution and I will be adding this to my 100% natural, SLS-free Aubrey Organics shampoo and simply lathering it in. I won't apply the DMSO/MAP directly because the DMSO is simply too strong to apply straight (it will burn).

Earlier I tried using an MSM liposome lotion, it was a bad idea. The other ingredients only gummed up the MAP. In the future I might try blending the MAP with a pure MSM powder, but for now will go with with MAP dissolved in 99% DMSO liquid and applied via shampoo.

_________________
My regimen
http://www.immortalhair.org/mpbregimen.htm

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/hairconsultation.htm

CausticSymmetry
Admin

Posts: 10807
Join date: 2008-07-09

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP) for topical use

Post  scottyc33 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:50 pm

I added some MAP powder into 99% organic aloe vera gel - it turned the gel into a liquid.

I've been applying to my face and scalp for about a week. Seems to turn my face a little reddish - like I have a very light sunburn.

scottyc33

Posts: 1131
Join date: 2008-08-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP) for topical use

Post  Gromit137 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:27 pm

Good?

http://www.skinactives.com/product/detail.aspx?prodID=68

Gromit137

Posts: 125
Join date: 2009-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP) for topical use

Post  LittleFighter on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:36 pm

scottyc33 wrote:I added some MAP powder into 99% organic aloe vera gel - it turned the gel into a liquid.

I've been applying to my face and scalp for about a week. Seems to turn my face a little reddish - like I have a very light sunburn.

scotty - You might want to change the carrier for something different. Aloe vera gel by itself gives me a slight irritation when used topically. It's not that I'm allergic to it but it might be the enzymes in it or some other compound(s).

Contrary to popular belief, some aloe vera preparations can be irritating both internally and externally.

LittleFighter

Posts: 1113
Join date: 2009-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP) for topical use

Post  jksl on Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:49 am

LittleFighter wrote:
Contrary to popular belief, some aloe vera preparations can be irritating both internally and externally.

Yup. It gives me diarrhea whenever i drink one of those aloe drinks.

If anyone follows the blood type diet and is a type-O, avoid aloe.

jksl

Posts: 285
Join date: 2008-11-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP) for topical use

Post  jksl on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:07 am

Gromit137 wrote:Good?

http://www.skinactives.com/product/detail.aspx?prodID=68

There was a better deal on makingcosmetics.com. They were selling 30 grams of it for $21.90. They don't seem to be selling it anymore though (maybe they're sold out).

jksl

Posts: 285
Join date: 2008-11-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP) for topical use

Post  CausticSymmetry on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:10 am

I got mine from here, but looks like they are currently out of stock (they also take a while to ship)

http://www.bulkactives.com/map.htm

_________________
My regimen
http://www.immortalhair.org/mpbregimen.htm

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/hairconsultation.htm

CausticSymmetry
Admin

Posts: 10807
Join date: 2008-07-09

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP) for topical use

Post  slowbutspeeding on Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:55 pm

CS, i think ill join you on the map + dmso in shampoo combo. one question is the amount to use. what do you consider the recommended "dosage?"

slowbutspeeding

Posts: 55
Join date: 2008-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP) for topical use

Post  CausticSymmetry on Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:39 am

slowbutspeeding - Since map is really expensive, I plan to use only in the most important areas. In fact I'm going to use most of it on my hair line and temples and that's pretty much it. What I have done so far is I take a shot glass and pour about two teaspoons of 99% DMSO liquid into it. Then I place about 500 milligrams worth of MAP into it, maybe a little more.

Within a short period, it should dissolve into solution. I will place this in the shower and when ready, will mix it into a large handful of natural shampoo to lather into my target areas.

_________________
My regimen
http://www.immortalhair.org/mpbregimen.htm

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/hairconsultation.htm

CausticSymmetry
Admin

Posts: 10807
Join date: 2008-07-09

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP) for topical use

Post  hopeful19 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:13 am

I have read that it was most effective when used at 7.5%.

hopeful19

Posts: 45
Join date: 2008-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP) for topical use

Post  CausticSymmetry on Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:03 am

hopeful19 - If MSM is used, then 7.5%. DMSO is effective at 60%. I may switch to an MSM powder depending on how this goes.

_________________
My regimen
http://www.immortalhair.org/mpbregimen.htm

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/hairconsultation.htm

CausticSymmetry
Admin

Posts: 10807
Join date: 2008-07-09

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP) for topical use

Post  lund on Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:38 pm

Scotty you not worried about de-pigmentation potential on your face? You are not Snowwhite white right?

On the indian subcontinent - one purported use of MAP is for lightening the skin color...

Applying on the sclap is less of an issue in this context.

scottyc33 wrote:I added some MAP powder into 99% organic aloe vera gel - it turned the gel into a liquid.

I've been applying to my face and scalp for about a week. Seems to turn my face a little reddish - like I have a very light sunburn.

lund

Posts: 661
Join date: 2008-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP) for topical use

Post  RobHealthMan on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:13 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Thought I would start a thread on MAP instead of hijacking Prague's "My hairline is getting crazy" post.

Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, if you're not aware is the most superior form of vitamin C available for the purposes of topical use. The reason is because other forms of vitamin C are subject to oxidation and are highly unstable when used topically.

Also, MAP is absorbent through the skin prevents the aging of skin, theoretically up to 150%. MAP is essentially like a teleromase activator in the sense that it aids the survival of telomeres allowing 150% more cell divisions in skin cells.

Of course, it's the hair growth that is the point of this thread so if anyone has already tried it tell us how you are applying it.

I have found that soaking MAP into some 99% DMSO liquid dissolves it into a clear solution and I will be adding this to my 100% natural, SLS-free Aubrey Organics shampoo and simply lathering it in. I won't apply the DMSO/MAP directly because the DMSO is simply too strong to apply straight (it will burn).

Earlier I tried using an MSM liposome lotion, it was a bad idea. The other ingredients only gummed up the MAP. In the future I might try blending the MAP with a pure MSM powder, but for now will go with with MAP dissolved in 99% DMSO liquid and applied via shampoo.

Hi CS,
Just checking to see how MAP/DMSO is going. Any updates would be great!

RobHealthMan

Posts: 451
Join date: 2009-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP) for topical use

Post  RobHealthMan on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:14 pm

Gromit137 wrote:Good?

http://www.skinactives.com/product/detail.aspx?prodID=68

hi gromit,
are you going to try this?

RobHealthMan

Posts: 451
Join date: 2009-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP) for topical use

Post  CausticSymmetry on Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:05 am

RobHealthMan - I've been really slow on trying this more than I have. Hopefully some others have some update.

_________________
My regimen
http://www.immortalhair.org/mpbregimen.htm

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/hairconsultation.htm

CausticSymmetry
Admin

Posts: 10807
Join date: 2008-07-09

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum