Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

Occasional metallic smell, in need of a detox?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Occasional metallic smell, in need of a detox?

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:31 am

Hey fellas. Every so often, I get this strong metallic smell in my nose, usually when its cold or dry. Is this a sure sign that I have a heavy metal issue, and in need of some chelation, or can this be attributed to something else?

This has been happening for maybe five or six months now. I dont eat anything particularly high in things like iron, and dont eat much of anything processed nor have I had fast food in probably a year or so now. Ive been applying mag oil inconsistantly for as long as Ive had my laser helmet (about 6 months now), and while this seems to have started around that time, I dont think its the cause. I also have a metal filling, but only one, and eat canned fish a few times a week, so could this be because of mercury?

Anyway, any input would be very much appreciated.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Occasional metallic smell, in need of a detox?

Post  nidhogge on Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:46 pm

I can actually relate to this, but I've never thought of it as a sign that I need a metal detox. Don't get me wrong though...most of us can stand to benefit from a good metal detox.

I, personally, just think it's little bits of dried blood here and there from the dryness associated with the cold weather that we catch whiffs of here and there. It's that iron taste/smell from blood.

If your metal filling is mercury, that alone is enough for more mercury than your body should have in it. Coupled with the tuna fish, I'd say that you may want to consider taking Humifulvate and Waiora Liquid Zeolite, while possibly getting that cap replaced if financially feasible!

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae on Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:58 pm

It can be too much iodine .. if you take that.

Amaranthaceae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn on Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:37 pm

I can relate. I've had it for years but not exactly metallic in odor or iron from blood. Mine I believe was bacteria. Since I've changed my diet I haven't had a single day with it. I'm not sure heavy metal detox made a difference. Long-term, it definitely didn't.

Here's a study that might be important to your case

http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/natural-hair-regrowth-forum-f1/associations-among-hair-loss-oral-sulfur-containing-gases-and-gastrointestinal-and-metabolic-linked-diseases-t1229.htm?highlight=sulfur

kijumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter on Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:25 am

Ahh, good to hear this isnt exclusive to me. Yeah, I've been taking iodine, but only recently (on a side note, I've felt ridiculously good since I began taking lugols and doing 60 mins of LBI EOD).

I truly wish I could afford to get the metallic filling replaced, but considering its the very last wisdom tooth all the way in the back, I've been toying with just having the tooth removed altogether. Its seems its a bit cheaper that way.

jdp- You know, its funny you mention that, because a family friend thats big into holistic medicine mentioned to me that it could be a microorganism issue. He mentioned trying the moves diet, and gave me a bottle of oregano oil. Seeing as though I have a fair amount of tongue thrush, Ive been thinking on going through with a candida cleanse after the holidays. when Ill be able to control my diet without family functions to worry about. Would be interested in seeing whether itd make a difference in regards to the metallic smell.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  panoslydios on Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:21 am

i got today this sort of feeling ,i am using iodine applied to skin but still some amount goes into the blood.
Its really weird smell feeling,like iron is being thrown into the fire.Yeah its like pure burnt iron.
I dont take iodine orally just iodine tincture 2%on skin .I also cant breathe properly today ..

panoslydios

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum