Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

Tocotrienols

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tocotrienols

Post  chapat on Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:08 am

IH
I just started taking Life Extensions Tocotrienols my Mom had told me that I shouldn't take anything with aspirin in it. Is this a safe supplement to take and is there anything else I shouldn't combine it with, I take the antidepressant Lexapro, is the Tocotrienols safe to take with that?
Thanks

chapat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tocotrienols

Post  CausticSymmetry on Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:12 am

Chapat - New research shows, without such much of a surprise that those treated for depression have a much greater level of cytokines (inflammatory chemicals).

Lexapro can raise prolactin levels, which is deleterious for hair.

Tocotrienols is very safe. I would rather say, is the Lexapro safe to take with it? It would be, but overall your best bet is to correct the likely hormone imbalance probably occurring within the thyroid, pituitary and an adrenal system.

Aspirin is usually contraindicated in older people prior to surgery. 60% of the population are found to be aspirin resistant, meaning that they will do much worse on aspirin.

Nattokinase is superior to aspirin.

CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:38 pm

I was reading an article by Dr. Jonathan V. Wright today where he mentioned an unpublished study on tocotrienols and hair loss. Most of us here are already familiar with this study, but one thing that I was not aware of is that the patented brand actually used in the study is none other than Jarrow's Tocosorb. The patent lists SupraBio tocotrienols as the special form used which is 3 times more absorbable than standard tocotrienols. This is exactly what Jarrow uses in their Tocosorb and they do say up to 3 X's more absorbable.

If anyone is not familiar with this study, it basically says:

28 volunteers ages 18 to 59 who all had male pattern baldness. They were asked to take either
100 milligrams of a palm-oil tocotrienol complex or a placebo for eight months. Results were evaluated by actual
counts of the numbers of hairs in a pre-selected 2x2 centimeter (slightly more than ¾” x ¾”) area on the
men’s scalps. The researchers found that hair count in the tocotrienol group increased by an average of
41.8 percent—and eight volunteers experienced more than a 50 percent increase in the number of hairs.
The placebo group had no change in hair counts.

http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Toco-Sorb-60-Softgels/137?at=0

CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hopeful on Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:43 am

So the jarrow toco-sorb provide 60mg of total tocotrienols.
Is the 100mg used in the study for total tocotrienols. So two a day?

hopeful

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  europe on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:54 am

that's right. one in the morning, one in the evening.

europe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum