Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

Dr. Brownstein on iodine to future Dr's, NDs etc.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dr. Brownstein on iodine to future Dr's, NDs etc.

Post  curt504 on Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:06 pm

Here's a good presentation by Dr. Brownstein on iodine to future Dr's, NDs etc.

http://www.nutri-linkltd.co.uk/articulate/brownstein/part4/player.html

Please note the parts about bromine excretion from increased dose levels of iodine and the negative symptoms that you may experience. I've seen folks post here getting forehead pimples etc and I worried and commented on those threads to be careful with iodine dosing. Please start taking iodine at low levels and slowly ramp up over many months. Brownstein gives a list of bromine flush tactics which is mainly vit C and large dose salt/water.

Curt

curt504

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dr. Brownstein on iodine to future Dr's, NDs etc.

Post  CausticSymmetry on Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:00 pm

curt504 - Fantastic link, thanks!

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/hairconsultation.htm

CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan on Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:13 pm

thank you for this..

this might be why i am shedding a bit from starting iodine. i plunged right into it at 4 drops of iosol per day...then i tapered back to 4 drops every other day...maybe i should just start with 1 drop every other day and slowly increase....

RobHealthMan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  curt504 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:19 am

Rob, others,

As Brownstein (and all other iodine protocol sources I've read) inferred, everyone is different in the amount of toxics that will be purged/loosened into your system with iodine. You need to read your symptoms. I keep on loosing the link to good chelation protocols,,, but some ND's start patients on chelation first, then iodine. My talking with Brownstein has me at odds with his protocol which starts new patients at a higher rate and ramps them up faster than other iodine Dr/practitioners that I've read/talked too. I'm not sure why he's willing to risk Hg/Br organ damage by starting iodine at rates in the 25mg-50mg right off the bat. He does mention patient's complaints about symptoms. Ok ok if you are treating late stage cancer then do 100mg, but the body still has to deal with die off AND toxic release...

You be the judge and watch your symptoms. There's been chelation protocols posted here and else where. At least high dose C and occasional salt flushes if you feel crappy symptoms after starting iodine.

I've not read the connection between iodine and hair retention other than helping thyroid hormone production AND cellular sensitivity normalization. It is said to be a good anti-oxidant as well. Without regard to hair loss every thing I've read says everyone (that means everyone,,, except traditional Japanese diet eaters) should be on some amount of iodine permanently. 25mg comes to mind at least. Women should ramp up to 50mg permanently. Just google: breast health iodine, women's health iodine. Guys benefit too, but we have fewer moving parts that store iodine. Smile Googling iodine prostrate health has alot of hits as well.

Take care, curt

curt504

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:20 am

thank you curt. I decided to stop iosol for now and look more into it before i start iosol again.

curt504 wrote:Rob, others,

As Brownstein (and all other iodine protocol sources I've read) inferred, everyone is different in the amount of toxics that will be purged/loosened into your system with iodine. You need to read your symptoms. I keep on loosing the link to good chelation protocols,,, but some ND's start patients on chelation first, then iodine. My talking with Brownstein has me at odds with his protocol which starts new patients at a higher rate and ramps them up faster than other iodine Dr/practitioners that I've read/talked too. I'm not sure why he's willing to risk Hg/Br organ damage by starting iodine at rates in the 25mg-50mg right off the bat. He does mention patient's complaints about symptoms. Ok ok if you are treating late stage cancer then do 100mg, but the body still has to deal with die off AND toxic release...

You be the judge and watch your symptoms. There's been chelation protocols posted here and else where. At least high dose C and occasional salt flushes if you feel crappy symptoms after starting iodine.

I've not read the connection between iodine and hair retention other than helping thyroid hormone production AND cellular sensitivity normalization. It is said to be a good anti-oxidant as well. Without regard to hair loss every thing I've read says everyone (that means everyone,,, except traditional Japanese diet eaters) should be on some amount of iodine permanently. 25mg comes to mind at least. Women should ramp up to 50mg permanently. Just google: breast health iodine, women's health iodine. Guys benefit too, but we have fewer moving parts that store iodine. Smile Googling iodine prostrate health has alot of hits as well.

Take care, curt

RobHealthMan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  curt504 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:44 am

Hacking the Brownstein conference video URL I found other interesting iodine talks.

A basic intro to iodine and issues. Skip this in my view and go to part 3 and part 4.
http://www.nutri-linkltd.co.uk/articulate/brownstein/part2/player.html

This one is very important for women considering getting pregnant or pregnant. Please forward this URL!! I see too many young kids (I'm not a practitioner) with dark circles under their eyes and way behind developmentally. It's criminal that Dr's don't have a handle on diet and minerals including iodine but not limited to iodine.

http://www.nutri-linkltd.co.uk/articulate/brownstein/part3/player.html

Same URL I posted above:

Curt

curt504

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:45 am

curt504 wrote:My talking with Brownstein has me at odds with his protocol which starts new patients at a higher rate and ramps them up faster than other iodine Dr/practitioners that I've read/talked too. I'm not sure why he's willing to risk Hg/Br organ damage by starting iodine at rates in the 25mg-50mg right off the bat. He does mention patient's complaints about symptoms.

curt504,

Similiar findings at curezone. The theory and experiences being that low doses have more of a tendency to stir up the heavy metals and produce hard detox symptoms while. the large doses tend to chelate and produce less symptoms.

So again, if getting hard detox symptoms, ramp up the dose and symptoms dramatically lessen.

But of course need the salt water protocol to accomplish this and companion nutrients esspecially selenomethionine to bind mercury. Without these, high dose immediately would be much too dangerous IME.

With all that said, everybody is different and people should do what is comfortable.

kijumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:07 am

I'm going slow...

To tell the truth, I'm afraid of breaking out with acne like crazy and getting brain fog (since I REALLY need my brain working). I work in the software industry, often as a software architect and often get into complex arguments and highly political situations (and highly stupid too!), just can't lower my guard with an underperforming brain.

I'm currently chelating with MCP, will switch to Humifulvate soon...(hopefulfy this is manageable). I'm using supportive nutrients, selenium in two forms (Selenoexcell + SeleNext), Magnesium and Probiotics.

Will add vitamin C and a source of chloride, hoping this will ease the detox. I'm currently taking only 1 drop (~1.8 mg of total iodine) a day... will up it slowly and stay there and see how things go.

LittleFighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:48 am

LittleFighter,

I'm in a similiar boat as I also make my living solely based on how well I can think.

Regarding Iodine and brain fog, it's probably inevitable, IME if your goal is to chelate the other halogens as you'll need higher doses of Iodine to accomplish Small doses will help your thyroid, etc. though. Salt water protocol will "help" with brain fog and will virtually eliminate bromine pimples.

If your goal is to get rid of bromide and you're worried about brain fog then I'd recommend upping your Sea Salt/Himalayan salt intake as that will work in place of Iodine. If bumping up salt intake I'd recommend taking potassium at the same time of salt intake ... potassium should preferably be apple cider vinegar. Without potassium, otherwise hair might suffer under increased salt intake.

IP6 would be the better route instead of Iodine regarding chelating mercury and combined later in day with selenomethionine would be even better. By the way, while IP6 won't help regarding high iron it is said to help regarding rust. 50 mg+ of Iodine will lower iron levels though.

Low oxalate diet would be extremely bad regarding brain fog ... the worst actually, but is THE best heavy metal chelator I've ever found.

Waiora NCD is "extremely" good at not getting brain fog if taken every 7 hours on the clock, IME.

DMSA or DMSA/ALA via Andy Cutler protocol will give brain fog, IME.

Humifulvate can give brain fog, IME.

OSR#1 I've only been on the past 4 days doesn't appear to be a good heavy metal chelator but works very well for brain fog ... feels like gingko biloba on steroids.

lead ... I haven't found a protocol that won't give brain fog ... lead and mercury appear to be my two main culprits. If you have the money maybe Wairora NCD for several years and calcium supplementation to unbind the lead might be the best route.

hope this helps

kijumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter on Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:05 am

jdp, thanks a lot for your valuable comments! Certainly this gives me more confidence and guidance on how to proceed more effectively and safer.

Right now my intention is to use iodine (in the form of Iosol) to support the thyroid and possibly build up my iodine levels slowly (at 1.8 mg per day of combined iodide and iodine this might not be possible even in the long term). I also want to eventually reach Iodine sufficency; I thought that building up slowly and using a variety of nutrients would make reaching this goal possible with minimal side-effects. I expect to reach a maintenance dose of 6-12 mg of Iosol, Lugol's or Iodoral.

What I'm planning to use as a source of chloride is Magnesium Chloride (orally. what do you think?) and a little bit of Himalayan Salt (one tea spoon per day max). By combining the two, I don't have to depend just on salt, so I don't have to balance things and suffer from water retention or other problems. Like I said, I'm also adding 2-3 grams of Vitamin C (PureWay-C) to help with detox.

I'm using the two important forms of selenium, magnesium glycinate, a food-based organic multi, etc. I think I have all bases covered.

At what stage of iodine supplementation are you currently? Still loading up and detoxing? What iodine forms are you taking? I remember sometime ago you mentioned you were taking different forms.

Thank you.

LittleFighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:04 pm

Hey LittleFigher,

I took Lugol's often for about 1 1/2 years at 12.5 mg ... I didn't notice much as far as benefits or detox symptoms at this dose and mostly took it based on faith from all the literature.

I have bumped the dosage up dramatically the past 6 months. I was taking hundreds of mg's of Lugol's and even 300+ mg's of Lugol's and was pulsing the dosage based on detox symptoms while keeping in mind when I stop taking Iodine/Iodide, the heavy metals, etc. will just be redistrubuted back in my tissues. I'm pretty much done with taking large doses of Iodine from what I can tell and will soon be on a dose of 50 mg's of Iodine. 300 mg of Iodine is basically the upper limit. 150 mg would probably be a better idea for an upper limit though. This is in divided doses spread throughout the day.

Recently, I've been taking 1000 mg/1 gram of Iodide and soon I'm bumping it to 2 grams and maybe higher depending on how it goes. The safe upper limit some have said it somewhere around 6 grams or a bit lower. I buy my Iodide here

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1272098#i

For Lugol's, I just buy those large 16 oz jars of Lugol's 2% at jcrows.com. I also have some Nascent Iodine as well but that's more for thyroid support.

I'm basically taking such large doses of Iodide to detox. These large amounts of Iodide are especially needed to detox flouride as flouride is a heavier weight halogen.

I also take 6 mg of boron per day as it's said to be an antidote for flouride which gets stirred up.

If I'm getting what appear to be mercury detox symptoms I'll take 2 grams of IP6 with some inositol. Inositol isn't needed but I use it for the synergy benefits with IP6. I'll also take selenomethionine for mercury detox. With these two, I'm not worried about mercury.

Also, when I develop detox symptoms Waiora NCD is perfect. It works extremely well. You can buy some off of Ebay a lot cheaper when it appears.

Also, at such a high dose of Iodine/Iodide I'll take up to 1000 mcg of selenomethionine depending on circumstances. Eventually, I'll hit toxicity symptoms at such a high dose as in reality the safe upper limit is probably 600 mcg of "selenomethionine."

No signs or symptoms of being hypo or hyperthyroid at all. Based solely on my experience hypo or hyperthyroid symptoms are due to the other halogens, heavy metals, etc. that get stirred up effecting the thyroid. If temperature falls, can just take Waiora NCD.

As for oral magnesium chloride, I could be wrong and probably am but was always under the assumption based on some information on the internet that some of the chloride gets absorbed transdermally. Either way, the stuff tastes horrible, lol, but if you can stomach it, my guess it's fine and have heard others do that. Well, that is as long as the source of magnesium chloride doesn't contain heavy metals, etc..

Here's what I personally do. When consuming the Sea Salt/Himalayan Salt take a raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar like Bragg's around the same time you eat the salt. It works extremely well and would prevent water retention. It will also have very good benefits for hair. Again, consume the apple cider vinegar around the same time as salt intake and not another time for the hair loss benefit.

I'm sure I'm missing something, lol.

hope this helps

kijumn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS on Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:03 am

Awsome info JDP.. wow, really good stuff here.

Project: JS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon May 24, 2010 12:51 pm

JDP - Did you get candida from OSR. I want to try it for my heavy metal symptoms. Also, have you found any places that have testimonials for OSR regarding better metal health or autism.

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie on Mon May 24, 2010 1:00 pm

curt504 wrote:Here's a good presentation by Dr. Brownstein on iodine to future Dr's, NDs etc.

Please note the parts about bromine excretion from increased dose levels of iodine and the negative symptoms that you may experience. I've seen folks post here getting forehead pimples etc and I worried and commented on those threads to be careful with iodine dosing. Please start taking iodine at low levels and slowly ramp up over many months. Brownstein gives a list of bromine flush tactics which is mainly vit C and large dose salt/water.

Curt

Hm. I just started on Lugol's--I did 2 drops the first day and 4 drops the last two days. I guess this could account for why I feel slightly drunk (w/o drinking) huh?

JosephineMarie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj on Mon May 24, 2010 2:06 pm

1..... wrote:JDP - Did you get candida from OSR. I want to try it for my heavy metal symptoms. Also, have you found any places that have testimonials for OSR regarding better metal health or autism.

The one problem I have with OSR and a lot of other heavy metal detoxification protocols is how much it costs. I really would highly recommend something like say humifulvate, selenomethionine/iodine/boron, etc. and others based on how much it costs. This is even coming from someone who just paid $2,000 for a rife machine, lol.

ubraj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top