FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Loss Regimen

Diatomaceous earth for hair loss?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Diatomaceous earth for hair loss?

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter on Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:20 pm

Yeah, I've stopped taking the full tablespoon every day to avoid just such complications. Ill take it for two weeks full dose every 4 or 5 months around the time I do a colon cleanse just to make sure I get any lingering parasites, but for the most part I put 3 or 4 tablespoons into my glass water jug, and give it a shake before I have a glass. When all thats left is the gritty bottom of the jug, I just refill it with water and do the same thing. Seems to last a few weeks this way.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I use Diatomaceous Earth

Post  ablakley on Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:31 pm

I use 1 heaping tsp a day in water for hair loss. I have been doing this for about 2 months now. So far I have had no adverse health reactions. I am a female and new hair is coming in en masse that I can see at my hair line. The rest of the hair on the top of my scalp is growing in much thicker (coarser). It is totally a surprise that this is working out so well for me as nothing else has worked in the past. I am slowly increasing the amount that I take over time as I do not want to run into any issues. I hope to slowly get to 2 tbsp a day. That is my goal which I expect to take another month as I progress slowly.

ablakley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Follow up reports

Post  teacup on Mon May 21, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi guys,

It's been a while since you had this discussion.

I'd like to get an update from all of you who are using diatomaceous earth, did you continue to use it? did you get side effects? did you see parasites come out of you? did it have an impact on health, or hair loss?

I just began taking some for health, from my online research i am expecting parasites to come out and maybe even some heavy metal detox symptoms.

Here's a page listing the benefits of the silica content http://www.diatomitecanada.com/the-silica-connection-diatomaceous-earth.htm

CS, wikipedia says diatomaceous earth has Alumina http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomaceous_earth , is this something to worry about .. we all know aluminum causes Alzheimer?

thanks!

teacup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit on Mon May 21, 2012 5:40 pm

Probably not helpful to you, but I've only just now seen this thread.

I'd be wary of ingesting diatomaceous earth. I was a lifeguard when I was in high school and a couple of pools I worked at had DE filters, and it kind of creeps me out to consider ingesting essentially the same thing as is in a pool filter.

Plus, people also use food-grade DE in their carpets as an alternative to chemicals and pesticides to eliminate fleas and ticks. It supposedly cuts the critter's exoskeleton, thus dehydrating/killing fleas and ticks. But if it's capable of cutting the exoskeleton of a flea, I can't imagine it would do anything different to your stomach. "Chewing up your stomach" is a good way to put it. Yikes!

whodathunkit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Tue May 22, 2012 5:39 am

Many people hesitate about using DE. I did myself, but after I took the plunge, I saw and felt great results including with my hair.

Re the aluminum content - diatomaceous earth attracts metals and toxins and carries them out of the body with it. So, any lead or aluminum or metals it brings with it go right back out.

Here are some testimonials:
http://www.earthworkshealth.com/human-use-testimonials.php

And an article from Natural News:
http://www.naturalnews.com/033367_silica_diatomaceous_earth.html

Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema on Tue May 22, 2012 8:14 am

sounds interesting but it seems it would kill beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract as well as the unbeneficial

LawOfThelema

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Tue May 22, 2012 10:19 am

LawOfThelema wrote:sounds interesting but it seems it would kill beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract as well as the unbeneficial

It works in the human body similarly to how it works with gardening:

Gardeners can find that diatomaceous earth is a dream come true. The sharp points scratch the exoskeleton of insects causing them to dry out and die and the powder also absorbs fats (lipids) from the hard exoskeletons of the insects, drying them even further. It makes an excellent pesticide, effectively controlling aphids, thrips, mites, snails, and slugs without harming worms or beneficial soil microorganisms.

IOW, it gets rid of the deleterious stuff without harming the good microbes etc.
The same holds true for other natural remedies - herbs, vitamins and other supplements. This is not the case with prescription antibiotics.

Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup on Tue May 22, 2012 1:59 pm

thank you Delphine,

I bought some and am using it to kill bugs.. like most things natural it takes time so i just put this over an ants nest area and around the garage , i will see if/when the bugs start to die.

I will take some internally and see what happens.

Right now my only concern is regarding these sharp edges being harmful to my intestines.. BUT.. If one does this regimen once a yr to get the parasites out the GI tract can probably repair itself..

I also wonder about the good parasites, good worms .. not all worms are bad, and I have read about people who had allergies disappear after introducing beneficial worms to their intestine.. so, some worms in the gut are good for us. I am sure DE will also kill these along with the bad ones

teacup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit on Tue May 22, 2012 6:13 pm

Delphine said :
It works in the human body similarly to how it works with gardening:

Gardeners can find that diatomaceous earth is a dream come true. The sharp points scratch the exoskeleton of insects causing them to dry out and die and the powder also absorbs fats (lipids) from the hard exoskeletons of the insects, drying them even further. It makes an excellent pesticide, effectively controlling aphids, thrips, mites, snails, and slugs without harming worms or beneficial soil microorganisms.

What I don't get is how DE can discriminate? The way I see it, the "sharp edges" of DE are analogous to a knife. A knife does not discriminate between the steak I want to eat for supper and my finger. It's going to cut whatever it comes into contact with because it's sharp. And a steak and my finger are roughly the same consistency, but the exoskeleton of an insect is harder than the skin of an earthworm.

Can anyone provide an explanation of exactly why it doesn't work like a knife? Don't get me wrong, I hope it works like Delphine said, but I just can't see that it doesn't. And rdk's words about DE "chewing up some people's stomachs" makes a lot more sense to me.

whodathunkit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Tue May 22, 2012 6:32 pm

There are a lot of long-term users of DE that have had only positive results. If the product "chewed up peoples' stomachs" I think this would be clear by now.

But if the product scares you, by all means stay away from it. Smile

Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit on Tue May 22, 2012 8:17 pm

Definitely, I will stay away from it. Very Happy

I guess I'm just a little wigged and want to provoke a little more thought about DE b/c this seems like something that could do someone (not necessarily everyone, but some people) real harm just from taking it on faith. Most nutritional supplements are pretty benign even at ridiculously high doses, but we're talking about something that purportedly has "sharp edges" and "cuts". Further, people are putting it into their digestive tracts. It could very well be that the lining of the digestive tract is too tough to be pierced by DE, but it could also be that some people's digestive tracts are not that tough. People with not-so-tough digestive tracts wouldn't know until after the fact.

This situation is kind of analogous to the recent thing with the Ray Peat thread, when some people got carried away with the aspirin recs without a good dose of skepticism. Some have good experiences, some don't. Taking unneeded aspirin did harm to at least one user here, and with not a terribly high dose at that. I had had a bad experience with aspirin in the past but forebore to say anything in that thread b/c it wasn't really my biz, and people need to learn for themselves. But I wish I had piped up now, if for no other reason than to provoke thought. You know? Although it probably wouldn't have made a difference.

So anyway, done provoking. Very Happy I'm interested in hearing about people's experiences (both good and bad) with this if they decide to try it.

whodathunkit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Tue May 22, 2012 10:40 pm

DE is sharp and dangerous at the microscopic level, and is therefore to lethal to microscopic size bodies such as parasites. But since we're not microscopic, we don't have to worry.

Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup on Thu May 24, 2012 4:07 pm

whodathunkit,

you make good points.

i also have not seen answers to questions like how does DE not damage the GI. See, it damages insects and since they are small they die, so it damages the GI but since the GI is large it recovers from the damage? is that what's happening?

teacup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Thu May 24, 2012 8:14 pm

It doesn't damage the GI tract because it acts on the microscopic level and we are not microscopic and not that fragile.

But geez, if you guys want to stay stuck on this worry forever instead of availing yourself of the wonderful advantages of this inexpensive substance, be my guest! Rolling Eyes

Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup on Sat May 26, 2012 10:24 pm

I will try it, I already bought some. If I die you wont see any new posts from me here, lol.

teacup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top