FAQ
 Search

Diatomaceous earth for hair loss?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Diatomaceous earth for hair loss?

Post  whodathunkit on Wed May 23, 2012 6:17 am

Definitely, I will stay away from it. Very Happy

I guess I'm just a little wigged and want to provoke a little more thought about DE b/c this seems like something that could do someone (not necessarily everyone, but some people) real harm just from taking it on faith. Most nutritional supplements are pretty benign even at ridiculously high doses, but we're talking about something that purportedly has "sharp edges" and "cuts". Further, people are putting it into their digestive tracts. It could very well be that the lining of the digestive tract is too tough to be pierced by DE, but it could also be that some people's digestive tracts are not that tough. People with not-so-tough digestive tracts wouldn't know until after the fact.

This situation is kind of analogous to the recent thing with the Ray Peat thread, when some people got carried away with the aspirin recs without a good dose of skepticism. Some have good experiences, some don't. Taking unneeded aspirin did harm to at least one user here, and with not a terribly high dose at that. I had had a bad experience with aspirin in the past but forebore to say anything in that thread b/c it wasn't really my biz, and people need to learn for themselves. But I wish I had piped up now, if for no other reason than to provoke thought. You know? Although it probably wouldn't have made a difference.

So anyway, done provoking. Very Happy I'm interested in hearing about people's experiences (both good and bad) with this if they decide to try it.

whodathunkit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Wed May 23, 2012 8:40 am

DE is sharp and dangerous at the microscopic level, and is therefore to lethal to microscopic size bodies such as parasites. But since we're not microscopic, we don't have to worry.

Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup on Fri May 25, 2012 2:07 am

whodathunkit,

you make good points.

i also have not seen answers to questions like how does DE not damage the GI. See, it damages insects and since they are small they die, so it damages the GI but since the GI is large it recovers from the damage? is that what's happening?
teacup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Fri May 25, 2012 6:14 am

It doesn't damage the GI tract because it acts on the microscopic level and we are not microscopic and not that fragile.

But geez, if you guys want to stay stuck on this worry forever instead of availing yourself of the wonderful advantages of this inexpensive substance, be my guest! Rolling Eyes
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup on Sun May 27, 2012 8:24 am

I will try it, I already bought some. If I die you wont see any new posts from me here, lol.
teacup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Mon May 28, 2012 12:28 pm

I will try it, I already bought some. If I die you wont see any new posts from me here, lol.
I think you'll survive, and thrive! Very Happy
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup on Mon May 28, 2012 3:46 pm

I just took 2 tea spoons of it in water, no taste or smell.. not bad at all.
teacup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Mon May 28, 2012 8:24 pm

Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup on Tue May 29, 2012 12:33 am

looks like what some people call sacred geometry, very nice photos.

thanks for your advice, i believe what you said about DE not being harmful to the GI.
teacup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup on Wed May 30, 2012 11:36 am

Delphine,

How much of DE do you take every day? and when? do you take it with water or juice?
teacup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Wed May 30, 2012 12:28 pm

2 tblsp in water, first thing when I get up. I've also mixed it with apple juice but water works for me.
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup on Wed May 30, 2012 1:34 pm

Do you drink the earth that doesnt dissolve or get suspended in water.. there's usually a film at the bottom of the cup of .. mud.. that is not getting picked up by the water. ?
teacup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Wed May 30, 2012 2:34 pm

I stir it very well and drink it down, think I'm getting it all.
I'm going to start adding lemon or lime juice to it as I've read this helps absorption.

Some people put a tablespoon of DE in a gallon of water and let it permeate the water. As they drink it up, they don't add more, just let the "mud" sit at the bottom and keep topping up.
Maybe adding another teaspoon or so every 10th gallon.

Last edited by Delphine on Wed May 30, 2012 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  here_comes_the_sun on Wed May 30, 2012 2:56 pm

Delphine wrote:

Some people put a tablespoon of DE in a gallon of water and let it permeate the water. As they drink it up, they don't add more, just let the "mud" sit at the bottom and keep topping up.

just shut up already...

here_comes_the_sun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Wed May 30, 2012 3:18 pm

here_comes_the_sun wrote:
Delphine wrote:

just shut up already...

What's your problem?

F**king trolls! Rolling Eyes
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup on Wed May 30, 2012 10:15 pm

Delphine was responding to a question that I asked!
Thank you Delphine for sharing.

Here's another question, when it comes to hair, what kind of benefit did you notice? existing hair thickening, new hairs, slower shedding, etc?
teacup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Thu May 31, 2012 9:19 am

Fuller, shinier. Some intensification of color.

A guy I know said his thinning hair on top was filling in with taking 1 and 1/2 tblsp DE daily.

Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sc871 on Thu May 31, 2012 12:05 pm

Is there any particular brand? Or just any food grade?

sc871

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Thu May 31, 2012 12:57 pm

This is what i got from Amazon. 10 lbs should last a while and the price is right!
http://www.amazon.com/Diatomaceous-Earth-Food-Grade-10-Pounds-Natures/dp/B0039UX8ZC/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

Most of the reviews are about getting rid of bugs, here's a more relevant testimonial:

As a personal detox agent this stuff is pretty amazing. I'm up to 3 heaping teaspoons
a day now and I feel like a million bucks. I have suffered from insomnia all my life, but now
when its time to go to bed I drink a glass of DE juice, and I sleep like a baby, even dreaming
in technicolor. My skin is smoother and more supple, my hair which has always been fairly thin
feels like wire and is growing like crazy! But what this stuff really does spectacularly is to
scrub your system clean, and I think that is the biggest benefit to the noticeable sense of well
being and energy I've had.

BTW, got bleeding gums.... put some of this on your toothpaste and brush away. It has no taste and
its likely you may already be using a product that contains DE, but the toothpaste companies call
it Hydrated Silica, its the same stuff. Have noticed a big difference in my nails too, hard and
shiny, and I never notice my nails. I also have a blood pressure problem and when I get it checked
in two weeks I'll update this info.

Mixes well with all the berry and tomato juices. A word of caution however, when you get started
make sure you begin with no more than a teaspoon and work up over a week to two weeks to a couple
of tablespoons a day in 2/3 servings. If you don't observe this routine, you will no doubt suffer
from what is called a "healing crisis" as I did and you will wish someone would put a bullet in
you. Headaches and a general feeling of discomfort that only time (1/2 day) can cure. DE absorbs
about 3-4x its volume in water so be prepared to drink lots of fluids with this stuff, I don't think
beer counts.

One more thing, about 5 years ago I developed a spot on my cheek that would peel and flake
no matter what I did. The Dermatologist said I had nerve damage that was causing this perpetual
condition. Well, after two weeks on DE that spot is as smooth as a baby's butt, and not a sign of
any flaking. I'm astounded.

5 Stars for this Perma-Guard DE (look them up, this stuff has no peers when it comes to food grade
DE), and to the seller Earthworks.
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup on Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:08 am

I bought Celatom, It was the most affordable food grade one i found.

from http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOOD-GRADE-DIATOMACEOUS-EARTH-CODEX-Fresh-Water-10lb-/250648285868?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5bcd52ac

I've been taking 2 tea spoons for a few days, tonight i will take 2 table spoons. I can speak to sleeping better, i am sleeping like I did when i was a teenager!

and I drink lots of water otherwise I get a headache from dehydration, or detoxing, IMO.
teacup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:34 am

Probably a more effective way to get silica in you diet without breaking the bank is bamboo extract. I use DE at times as well, but only in extreme moderation.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:06 am

4039 wrote:Probably a more effective way to get silica in you diet without breaking the bank is bamboo extract. I use DE at times as well, but only in extreme moderation.

Maybe you could try the water permeating method I mentioned. Put a tablespoon in a jug of water, and as you drink the water, keeping topping up. You only need to add more DE once in a great while.

teacup, yeah, better sleep is one of the great benefits of DE! The dreams rock too!
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:20 am

I find the sleep benefits just interesting.. who would have thought? i mean deworming or detoxing yep but why better sleep?
teacup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:45 am

teacup wrote:I find the sleep benefits just interesting.. who would have thought? i mean deworming or detoxing yep but why better sleep?

With DE removing toxins, the body absorbs nutrients better, so, providing we are eating well, this is one of the wonderful effects.

Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup on Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:34 pm

and... that ought to have some effect on hair. I eat well and take supplements yet i look 10yrs older than my age, and feel it. maybe its absorption or toxins. I have not had headaches , i had headaches the first couple days with DE but not since.. and i have not been drinking nearly enough water.
teacup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top