Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Diatomaceous earth for hair loss?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Diatomaceous earth for hair loss?

Post  Delphine on Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:43 pm

You could also try transdermal magnesium. It raises DHEA levels, thus helping with "youthing."

I trust you get some good outdoor exercise as well, like walking...
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  diffuse on Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:43 pm

4039 wrote:Probably a more effective way to get silica in you diet without breaking the bank is bamboo extract. I use DE at times as well, but only in extreme moderation.

Hey, could you tell me which bamboo product you are referring to? I can get bamboo shavings (zhu ru) for £12 a kilo, but the same in concentrated powder form costs over £60. The latter sounds much easier to consume but not sure it's value for money.

diffuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:44 pm

diffuse wrote:
4039 wrote:Probably a more effective way to get silica in you diet without breaking the bank is bamboo extract. I use DE at times as well, but only in extreme moderation.

Hey, could you tell me which bamboo product you are referring to? I can get bamboo shavings (zhu ru) for £12 a kilo, but the same in concentrated powder form costs over £60. The latter sounds much easier to consume but not sure it's value for money.

This is the bamboo extract I use, standardized to 70% silica from the stems.
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-superior-herbs-bamboo-extract-300-mg-60-caps

Solaray also manufactures a similar product
http://www.affordablesolaray.com/3075.html

Most economical buy 5kg for $420. Smile
http://www.kalyx.com/shopexd.asp?id=1089172

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  diffuse on Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:56 pm

Thanks for the info 4039. Smile

diffuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:44 am

so is this more effective because it kills parasites, or the silica content or a combination?

Balthier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:58 am

I forgot about this discussion.

I bought some, i took it daily, about a table spoon twice a day, it resulted in constipation and pain in my guts so i discontinued.

Got thinking and a coupel things dont add up

1) it doesnt make sense why this would de-worm humans or cows.. diatomaceous earth doesnt hurt earth worms, why would it hurt human/animal worms?

2) It is 85% silicon dioxide.. SiO2 + HCl (in the stomach) do not react. So it goes in and out and the body doesnt absorb the silica. Why then does it help (especially women) with their hair?

teacup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:25 am

Sounds like you started with too high of a dose. It has strong detoxing effects, which can result in uncomfortable symptoms. It's usually best to start with a tablespoon/day or even less, and work up.

How it works for parasites etc.:

http://heavenandearthpowder.info/How_It_Works.php

As you can see from the picture of Diatomaceous Earth- (magnified 7000 times)- it looks like a cylinder full of holes--kind of like Rice Chex Cereal. This cylinder has a very strong negative charge. As these millions of cylinders move through the stomach and digestive tract, they attract and absorb bacteria, fungi, protozoa, viruses, endotoxins, pesticide and drug residues, E-Coli, and heavy metals. These are trapped inside the cylinder and passed out of the body. In addition, any larger parasites that happen to be in the stomach of digestive tract are “cut up” and killed by the sharp edges of the Diatomaceous Earth. All of these activities result in a much healthier body with less sickness. We often hear the phrase “ I just feel better” with our Diatomaceous Earth users. This better feeling comes from all the “junk” being removed from the body and giving our immune system the “jump start” it needs.

And re the absorption of silica:

A small amount of Diatomaceous Earth gets absorbed into the blood stream. As these cylinders move through out the body they clean and breakup buildups in the blood vessels and also the destroy bad fats. Everyone that we know that is taking Diatomaceous Earth has lowered their cholesterol by 40-50 points. Everyone is also amazed at how their high blood pressure goes down. As the Diatomaceous Earth eventually dissolve in the blood, the many benefits of the silica content are realized. Go to the page on “Human Use” and review all of the benefits of silica to the body.
1. Sore joints and ligaments feel dramatically better

2. Skin clears up (acne-age spots-psoriasis)

3. Hair and nails are stronger and grow faster

4. Stronger teeth and gums

5. Healthier respiratory tract--less coughing

6. Menopause has less symptoms

7. Healthier urinary tract

The benefits of silica are many. In today’s grains, there is actually a silica shortage. Years ago, the silica in our foodstuffs was adequate, but with today’s hybrids and depleted soils, only about 1/3 of the silica needed is supplied in our food. Diatomaceous Earth is a simple and inexpensive way to get the silica your body needs.

Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:39 pm

I just found a complete trace metal analysis report of PermaGuard's Diatomaceous earth vs. a "brand X,* for anyone wondering about the aluminum, lead, mercury and iron content.

http://www.vitaletherapeutics.org/deanlsbw.htm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou on Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:18 pm

4039 wrote:I just found a complete trace metal analysis report of PermaGuard's Diatomaceous earth vs. a "brand X,* for anyone wondering about the aluminum, lead, mercury and iron content.

http://www.vitaletherapeutics.org/deanlsbw.htm

D.A is interesting...I want to learn more.

Misirlou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  djenner on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:58 am

It does sound interesting and those sleeping benefits are definitely a big extra. I also found quite a few people online with grey hair having it reversed by taking D.E.
On the other hand sceptical forums break it down, but most of them haven't tried it themselves. Overall it must be a good supplement and I'd like to order it but it wouldn't be bad if we could discuss it a bit more.

djenner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  swopo on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:09 am

Hi Guys, I read through the Diatomaceous Earth topics here and am wondering if there is a reason why nobody has tried using DE topically?

My experience was interesting. I'm wearing a hairsystem, so I can only experiment with such things 1 or 2 days a week.

So what I did was: I mixed DE with a bit of water and applied that to my affected areas. I applied the mixture with circular motions and waited until the mixture dried out(a few minutes) and I was only left with fine powder on my scalp. When it dried like this, I applied more,... after 3rd application, I then left the powder on for a few more minutes. One day I also applied coconut oil on it, after it dried and massaged a bit.

I did this for 3 weeks - only 1 day per week, only 1 time per day

Maybe the result is not something that's considered positive (I haven't been following the hairloss scene for a few years), but in the middle of 1 temple, which has been without any hair for at least 6 years, 2 thick terminal hairs popped out. Is this something that often happens when somebody tries a new thing and later no further improvement is visible?

I was applying it because of the minerals, but since I recently stumbled upon the information about parasites in follicles, it totally makes sense now, since DE is supposed to kill them.

Anyway, I stopped, because I was afraid that DE might damage the follicles because of it's sharp structure. and the 2 terminal hairs are gone after a month or so.

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on that, or even better -experiences. Has anybody tried this before?

swopo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top