Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

Day 1 of Scalp Peel Experiment

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Day 1 of Scalp Peel Experiment

Post  nidhogge on Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:22 pm

Some of you guys may remember "ScalpSkinLady" from Regrowth. She is a professional with skin and scalp care, and was a strong proponent of scalp peels and had clients that had quite a good deal of success with stopping hair shedding, thickening, and even regrowth over the course of a year with treatments. Fortunately, OverMachoGrande has maintained contact with her, and we really wanted to get the word out on scalp peels. I spoke with her, and she recommended a particular peel to me that I purchased through her; a 10% Mango Enzyme Peel. She sells a complete kit, but I had the other things in the kit already that I've collected over time. Anywho, this is what I did tonight:

- Washed hair with Regenepure NT and DR, then IGNITE

- Applied the Enzyme, and misted my head with a water spritzer per instructions

- Put shower cap on and let the Enzyme sit for 15 minutes

- Washed out with water

- Put Scalpure on

- Washed Scalpure off and shampooed again

- Towel dryed and combed hair back, then used my boar bristle brush firmly in a backwards-motion to get any loose debris off my scalp

- Laser helmet right after (aka right now)

You do this once a week. I added in the Scalpure and Laser. After this, I'm supposed to put on some organic sea buckthorn oil, and the shower cap again so that'll be next on the agenda right before a very exhausted Nid collapses from, well, exhaustion. I'm beat!

I took some before pictures today, and will have an article up in 6 weeks or so documenting my thoughts and progress on it all. Next up on the list varying on how I feel about how this particular strength of peel works out is a 20% enzyme that I found on ebay. Not cheap though!

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Day 1 of Scalp Peel Experiment

Post  xyion1 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:52 pm

Link to product?

This looks very interesting. I'd like to try the peel on my face too, to see if it gets rid of some very mild blemishes.

xyion1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  youngbalder on Sat May 01, 2010 9:35 am

Nid- Thats awesome man definitely goin to get my hands on this kit. Question for you, did you tweak scalp kit she had because i could not remember seeing the the mango peel enzyme in the scalp kit on the scalp ladies website?

youngbalder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  youngbalder on Sat May 01, 2010 9:36 am

xyion1- Here is the website with the scalp system Nid was talking about.

Scalpskinworks.com

youngbalder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xyion1 on Sat May 01, 2010 11:33 pm

youngbalder wrote:xyion1- Here is the website with the scalp system Nid was talking about.

Scalpskinworks.com

Thanks for the link. $125 seems kind of pricey...I'm curious to see if the enzyme can be purchased separately for cheaper, but she doesn't list a brand or anything.

Also Nid, washing your hair 2 or 3 times in a night is crazy, I'd never have the patience to do that! Please keep us updated on progress.

xyion1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge on Sun May 02, 2010 6:07 am

xyion--

You need only do that once a week for 6 weeks I believe, then once a month. The peel isn't a daily thing, as you gotta let your scalp "recharge".

Her system doesn't make her much profit, but it is possible to buy the enzyme from her as well though that cost me $80 + S&H. It's a good deal to get everything else for the extra $45. Enzymes aren't cheap, particularly organic!

Youngbalder--

The mango is an option that ScalpSkinLady presented me with when I ordered, she said there is no difference in the actual effect and I like mangoes a bunch so figured why not, hah.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xyion1 on Tue May 25, 2010 5:47 am

Hey Nid, any updates? It's been about a month, so I figure you're at NW0 now! Very Happy

Seriously though, I know it hasn't been forever but anything to update at all? Shedding, pimples, etc?

xyion1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung on Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:28 pm

nidhogge - Did you ever write that 6 month article? I checked on WLH and there was a boar bristle brush article you'd written which now have been replaced by the word "filler" multiple times over.

tooyoung

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge on Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:28 am

Hey there,

Ya, I never finished that article...I have to get on the boar bristle one. Smile

I continue to use Scalpskinlady's kit, and the results have been satisfactory for me. New hairs sprouting on the temples, and a slight increase in density on my scalp. I shave my head now (didn't when I started this post) so I don't have any before/afters that would be a fair evaluation as a result. Some good stuff on WorldHairLoss.org regarding feedback on Scalpskinlady's scalp peels though!!

xyion1--

Sorry for the non-response, I wasn't very active in the forum at that time and never saw your reply bud. Some pimples here and there, but I think that's from the Neem Oil--kicks the crap out of demodex, demodex die, cause a little pimple here and there. That's a good thing though.

nidhogge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung on Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:58 pm

I'm looking forward to the article. Smile

Are any of these brushes good enough?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_18?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=boar+bristle+brush&x=0&y=0&sprefix=boar+bristle+brush

The intention is brushing the scalp of bad things, rather than the hair right?

tooyoung

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redhead on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:18 am

hey nidhogge,which type of boar brush should we use?soft or hard?
i have found one store which has large variety of boars brush..if you can suggest one,here is the link
http://www.cosmeticsolutions.biz/servlet/the-Hair-Care-cln-Brushes-cln-Boar-Bristle/Categories

redhead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge on Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:59 am

Hey guys,

I'll try to work on that article today! Got some free time finally. Smile

Personally, my boar bristle brush is pretty old, and as a result, the bristles are harder. Since I buzz down now, it's not an issue; I only use it for exfoliation now. However, if you have longer hair, I'd recommend a softer one so that you don't get split ends and maybe tugged out hairs. If you haven't used a boar bristle brush before, I think you'll be surprised at how good it is at making your hair appear more dense/thicker.

As far as which boar bristle brushes I like; personally, the square ones. Like the following:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wave-Hair-Brush-SOFT-bristles/dp/B003FKX176/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1287338179&sr=8-2v

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mens-Grooming-Hair-Brush-Bristles/dp/B003D73IQU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1287338179&sr=8-4

nidhogge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:23 am

Thanks for such a quick reply nid. I've got quite long hair so I'll order that soft one tomorrow. Smile

tooyoung

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter on Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:56 am

I actually own one of those brushes, the first one. It's pretty great.

Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on some of that pumpkin enzyme soon, considering I just could not keep using topical iodine. Saw some pretty significant velus growth and lengthening, but its just too cosmetically ugly. Hopefully the pumpkin enzyme can offer up some decent results.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy on Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:10 am

Hey Funky, I thought you were extremely happy with the topical iodine. How long have you been using it and what's the cosmetic issue, the color? Does the stain not go away by morning?

sdguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top