Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Those of you with composite fillings

Go down

Those of you with composite fillings

Post  diffuse on Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:39 pm

- is there anything in particular you have in your regimen to counteract the substances that can leak from them? For example Bisphenol-A, which is estrogenic and probably has other undesirable effects. I know composites have flaws but I'm not sure what level of concern I should have about them in comparison to amalgams, which probably warrant a concern level of 9/10. It would be good to know if anyone has special measures to minimise such a potential problem.

Sorry for making yet another dental thread btw. Dentisty has been one of my main worries from day one here and I'm hoping, perhaps optimistically, that I can move on from it soon (amalgam replacement scheduled for late next month.) On a slightly related note, what do you all think of this?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,597962,00.html

diffuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Those of you with composite fillings

Post  MAO on Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:51 pm

Hi diffuse, CS recently quoted:-

CausticSymmetry wrote:To keep estrogen away, take iodine, avoid bisphenol-A, maximize glucose metabolism (antioxidant,'s such as lipoic acid, ALC, ECE, etc.), avoid excessive refined carbohydrates, take plenty of Vitamin D, and have healthy intestinal flora.

I have one composite filling (probably contains BPA) which needs replacing alongside my five lovely amalgams. I guess the above advice would help. I actively try to avoid using plastic where feasible, but it is just so pervasive. I guess reducing body fat would help, although this is not really possible for me since I have none to lose.

I am also getting closer to replacing my amalgams. What replacement material are you going to use? I am keen to use Diamond Lite (BPA, F- and metal free), although I am worried about the methyl acrylates contained in the bonding agent 'Diamond Bond' I guess that a perfect agent does not exist?

MAO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  diffuse on Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:03 am

Hi MAO,

He tends to use Admira and it's what he has recomended for me. I think it probably contains a form of BPA and maybe fluoride but I'm really not sure, he seemed a bit blase about the possibility (it is true though - no matter what material you look at someone is saying "don't get that!"). But I don't know if it's worth trying another dentist, spending more time and money going through the process just to be offered another different type of toxin...I guess I'm just praying Admira is at least a lesser evil than amalgam. If it isn't it will be coming straight back out.

I did read something about it being generally graded as "Least Reactive" on biocompatibility tests but I'm not sure how positive a signal that is for me personally, without testing. I was going to opt for Cerec despite the cost but apparently it is for larger fillings and would require extra drilling in my case - no thanks.

Am afraid I know little about bonding agents, but there is some chat about DiamondLite on Curezone: http://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=897829#i On the whole it sounds like your dentist's material is better than mine. I'm really tired of trying to choose between toxins though.

The list of advice is good stuff I'd want to be doing anyway. Hope it will be enough to control any problems from the fillings.

diffuse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gregslater on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:08 pm

My dentist specifically said no BPA in my composites. One work of caution is that a lot of folks (myself included) find them to be much more sensitive to temperature and such than the amalgams they replaced.
gregslater

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramos10 on Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:09 pm

Different sorts of teeth fillings are suitable for different age groups. Heard a lot about dentist Torrance from my friends and colleagues. Took an appointment and visited the clinic recently for teeth whitening. Liked the services and dental procedures followed by them. Teeth care brochures given by them are really very helpful.

Ramos10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down