Search
Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

My hair is turning lighter?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My hair is turning lighter?

Post  elan164 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:22 pm

My hair is normally dark brown and ive recently noticed as well as my girlfriend, that my hair is turning lighter. It looks to be turning golden in certain lights, seems to be the front of my hair mostly. Not sure what to think of it, most people tend to say new regrowth is dark.

Thoughts?

elan164

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My hair is turning lighter?

Post  takingaction on Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:21 pm

Sometimes that means the hairs are getting thinner. Sometimes it's just bleaching from the sun.

takingaction

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kindalo on Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:38 pm

elan164 my hair has been getting lighter for awhile now.i was originally a blonde,but as i reached about age 25 it started getting darker.i did not know for along time what caused this,but it was stored acidic and toxic waste in my system.as i have been deacidifying my body for the past few months it has started turning blonde again.most all of my new growth is blonde and i am starting to look more like my old self again.i have alot of peach fuzz next to my hairline that has turned to terminal hairs and is growing at the same rate as the rest of my hair.

kindalo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 on Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:18 am

interesting idea kindalo, hope its true

elan164

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:25 am

hairdresser even commented on it today, seems like just the area that is thinnning is becoming lighter, yikes dont know what to think.

elan164

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:58 am

When I was a pre-teen I had light brown , soft, slightly wavy hair ... all the sudden when I was 13 or 14 it went thick, black, more wavy.. the color changed from light brown to dark brown then to black .. people told me it was the sun, I didnt buy that but assumed it was my hormones as I matured my scalp hair changed.

Could hair color and texture be an indication of hormonal? I wonder if others here experienced hair color changes when on the IH regimen, especially those who slowed or stopped the loss.

teacup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MilBA on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:09 am

I'm a dirty blonde, and as my hair started to thin it got a lot lighter...I just looked at a photo from when I was 18 and couldn't believe how much darker my hair was. To be honest, I don't think it is a good sign that you hair is getting lighter. I wouldn't freak out, just experiment until your hair loss stabilizes. Good luck.

MilBA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:25 am

ya my hair used to be lighter when i was younger (teens) then turned dark brown in my early 20s and started thinning around 23, hair still dark brown and now 26 its starting to get lighter again. Ive been on ACV for about a month now and some other things....we will see.

elan164

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  medohat on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:42 am

Good post i was going to post this topic but you post it before me .

I have the same problem my hair dark black some if it turning to red and the advanced one turn to semi grey .

I ask some expert they ask me if am under some shock event if so they said your hair turning to red and some people to white and it was true i went to shock because some problems i face in my life so maybe you face a shock event make your hair turning to lighter colour .

medohat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:11 am

Based on photos of me partying over the weekend, it seems as though ive thinned out more Sad Not a 100% certain its a good shed or a bad shed, but definitely looks thinner.

elan164

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top