Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

Krill Oil reaction: joint pain?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Krill Oil reaction: joint pain?

Post  empty on Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:15 pm

Hello everyone,

New to posting here. I've been reading and learning a lot here, but not posting. Interestingly enough, I've learned more about being a healthy person than fixing my hair loss, although as you all have stated these are certainly intertwined.

Started taking Krill Oil, Vitamin D3 5,000 IU, and a daily vitamin daily, in the morning, about 2 weeks ago. I've noticed slight joint pain in my wrists and hands since I've started taking these things. I removed the daily vitamin from the daily intake and it has persisted. I'm thinking it's either Krill Oil or coincidental, as I can't imagine why Vitamin D would lead to joint pain (not to mention I've taken 2,000 IU/day without side effects).

So, have any of you experienced joint pain after taking Krill Oil? This seems odd, because a lot of people take the stuff to combat joint pain, among other illnesses.

I do not have seafood allergies as far as I'm aware (my dad's a fisherman). I'm 23 and I do have some joint issues in my shoulders and knees, however I haven't had any in my wrists before this. My job involves sitting in front of a computer all day.

Thanks,
MT

empty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Krill Oil reaction: joint pain?

Post  empty on Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:25 pm

Just to update and bump, but cutting Krill oil while maintaining everything else for one week led to the pain my wrists subsiding. I'm adding it back in this week to see if my wrists begin to hurt, as a final test.

Any reason why Krill Oil might cause joint pain? Adverse reaction?

empty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jksl on Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:57 pm

could be that you have a allergy to krill. Personally, not a big fan of krill oil. It's never given me that mental boost that fish oil has anyway.

Some months back, I got serious inflammation when i had some krill oil with some coconut oil. Krill oil is healthy and coconut oil is healthy, so having the two together must be super healthy right? Wrong. At least for me. I started getting hives and got itchy everywhere. After that experience, i decided to quit both of those oils. Coconut oil never really agreed with me in the first place though (internally and topically).

jksl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  empty on Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:45 pm

Thanks for sharing, I think you've convinced me to look at fish oil... I'll just give the leftovers of my krill to someone else.

empty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jksl on Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:22 pm

Just out of curiosity, what brand krill oil are you using? Does it smell when you open the bottle cap?

And just to clarify to everyone, my adverse reaction was from taking a capsule of krill oil and a spoonful of coconut oil at the same time (with no food). That was a stupid experiment and a mistake.

jksl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  empty on Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:31 pm

NOW Krill Oil:
http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Neptune-Krill-Oil-500-mg-60-Softgels/14424?at=0

I take 2x 500mg in the morning with food.

It doesn't smell nasty that I can recall. I'll check it again today.

empty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kennyjoyy on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:00 pm

Taking Krill oil supplements, take two capsules daily. The most common change seen first is improvement in joint mobility and pain so keep to a schedule over a two-week period and chances are you will begin to see changes in the joints.

kennyjoyy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  empty on Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:18 pm

kennyjoyy wrote:Taking Krill oil supplements, take two capsules daily. The most common change seen first is improvement in joint mobility and pain so keep to a schedule over a two-week period and chances are you will begin to see changes in the joints.

Source? I took it close to two weeks before stopping because of the pain. Didn't seem normal.

I smelled the bottle today. Light fish smell, not strong.

empty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum